Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineplushy
Stranger
Need advice please! Delicate situation
    #4437876 - 07/22/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

OK, here's the deal. I took mushrooms (abut 1.7 grams dried of potent shrooms, species unkown) about 2 years ago, and tripped balls. I was unexperienced, with a friend who was also unexperienced. We were on the side of a parking lot, in our cars at night (I know, I know...probably the worst place to trip). To sum it up, it was absolute hell! Scared sh*tless for hours. My main #1 fear during that entire experience was death and death alone due to the mushrooms.

Now, my other friends who are experienced with mushrooms tell me that my setting was totally wrong and a very stupid choice (to which I humbly agree). My friend has been growing and just harvested some psilocybe cubensis mushrooms (strain: South American). He tried them last night with 2 others, and said he had a great time. Powerful trip. Now, I am very curious about trying these mushrooms. Being that I know what they are, where they came from, and that they are not laced or anything shady like that, I am considering trying them (probably around .5g dried just to experiment). I am prone to anxiety and being treated for it with Lithium and an SSRI.

My questions now are:
Death, death, death. I need to know I will not die during the trip due to the mushrooms. How?

Drug interactions. I know Lithium intensifies it, but I have not taken it in several days. What about the SSRI?

Any help, advice or suggestions would be nessicary. Give it to me straight. Thanks everyone.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Need advice please! Delicate situation [Re: plushy]
    #4438207 - 07/22/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It's not a good idea to take psychedelic drugs while on an SSRI.

0.5g will probably not have any effect on you, especially since you're on SSRIs. SSRIs seem to decrease the intensity of the trip, since your serotonin activity is already heightened by the SSRIs. Nonetheless, I would never discourage anyone from starting low to be safe! Individual reactions can vary significantly! I commend you for being responsible and cautious.

Again, SSRIs plus psychedelic drugs is not a good idea in my opinion, but it won't kill you. Also, thinking you'll die from mushrooms is just irrational fear, and the more you focus on it, the more it will affect you. You will NOT die from mushrooms. It just isn't possible. Take comfort.

--------------------

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: Need advice please! Delicate situation [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4438760 - 07/22/05 05:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

only way a shroom is gonna kill you is if you choke while trying to swallow it.

Along with what Jabba said about SSRI's, if your in a condition where you require Lithium, (a pretty strong drug) I can't imagine you being in good condition for any psychadelics.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Need advice please! Delicate situation [Re: BrekkFu]
    #4440997 - 07/23/05 02:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You seem to seek something no one can give you.
You will not die during the trip but YOU may die, just let it happen.
But, stay away if you are on lithium. In fact, you do not seem to be the type who would like to trip or who would like to handle all the things that come with tripping. Some things are not meant for everyone. No harm in that.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
Re: Need advice please! Delicate situation [Re: mecreateme]
    #4441946 - 07/23/05 09:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Go off your medication for a few days prior, and take perhaps 2-3 grams?  That is my suggestion, but I can't really comment on the drug interactions.

I can comment on anxiety and paranoia though.  I have what I might call an overly critical mind.  When someone askes me a question, I tend to think about it.. for hours.  From more possible avenues of thought then would seem sane.  I don't know why I do this, but it happens, and I can't stop it - so I go with it.  Along with a tendency to overthink things is the inclination to percieve many more dangers in something then are actualy present, this is what paranoia is I suppose.  Whatever the case, I've trained myself to get some entertainment out these bouts of circular thinking.

To steal the title of a cryptopsy song, a sort of a 'phobophile'.  Love of fear.  I just start to look at anxiety as a tool of the moment, a sort of creativity boost.  Just a matter of focusing that over-thinking into something outside of self-analysis - an external problem, like designing or drawing something.

Hope that was helpful, enjoy the mushrooms. :smile:

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience