Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesvmoe
Stranger
HBWR vial
    #4436883 - 07/22/05 02:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Several years ago a friend had a vial of something he was told was "Woodrose LSD"
We assumed this was ignorance on the suppliers end, as HBWR contains LSA, and conversion to LSD is said to be extremely difficult- more so than LSD from ergotized rye.
The character of the trip was highly enjoyable, with visuals more akin to LSA than LSD. After looking at the various extraction methods on Erowid I do not think it was done in this way. Water extracts tend not to last long, and alcohol extracts taste like alcohol. This had no flavor and lasted for quite some time.
Recently I heard a recording of Terence McKenna where he mentions "Woodrose LSD"
Thinking that it is not like him to mispeak I began to wonder.
does anyone who has experience with woodrose extracts know if it is possible that there is a way to make something mostly indistinguishable from liquid LSD out of woodrose?
The effective dose was one drop, and since LSA is active in milligrams it could have been an excellent woodrose extraction. The nice thing is that there was never any nausea at all, which has always been present in my past LSA experiences.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebwalker
The BodyElectric
Loc: NJ, USA
Re: HBWR vial [Re: svmoe]
    #4437136 - 07/22/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't found anything mentioning solubility, but it could have been relatively pure LSA dissolved in dimethyl sulfoxide. Given how efficient DMSO is at absorption, one drop could have been sufficient. But that's just a guess. Did you by any chance notice a slight aftertaste of garlic or perhaps smelled it on your skin?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: HBWR vial [Re: bwalker]
    #4437566 - 07/22/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've recently been researching morning glories/HBWR/ololuiqui in preperation for a round of tests and assaying. From what I can find, the psychedelic effects of LSA-bearing seeds are not due much (or perhaps at all) to LSA (aka LA-111). When taken alone, the effects of the LSA are almost entirely sedative in nature, with little or no psychedelic characteristics. Another alkaloid, ergometrine (aka ergonovine), when taken alone, has been reported to have psychedlic effects on par with LSD. According to Erowid ergometrine makes up almost 10% of the alkaloid content of HBWR. I haven't yet been able to track down info on the individual activity of several of the other alkaloids, but it's possible that one or more of them also contributes to the psychedelic effects.

This is pure speculation, but it could be that Woodrose LSD is an extraction from the seeds containing little to no LSA, but instead one or more of these preferable lesser alkaloids.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: HBWR vial [Re: svmoe]
    #4437589 - 07/22/05 10:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Could have just been acid :shrug:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinesvmoe
Stranger
Re: HBWR vial [Re: gdman]
    #4440051 - 07/22/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I did not notice a garlic taste, but then again, liquor on my breath may have covered it. I haven't heard of ergometrine, but I'll check it out. Cosmic Charlie could be right, maybe it was acid, but then why the line about woodrose from the supplier? If he jus called it acid then no worries. This was during a bit of a dry spell, so anyone with the real deal would have been very popular indeed. The trip was extremely enjoyable, but with a slightly different feel than LSD. Thanks for the replies, I'd be interested in anything else you may think of.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order