Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOphelia
Stranger
A Selfish Question
    #4437029 - 07/22/05 04:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'll just dive right in.

I'm debating taking magic mushrooms for the first time tonight, and I really want to know if you think I'm in any danger. Or how much danger, for that matter. So, some background info:
I'm eighteen, only about 5"3 and otherwise petite. Family history of mental illness? My grandmother has (I think manic) depression and my uncle had schizophrenia which was supposedly caused by overdosing on magic mushrooms, he died approximately six months ago. But I don't want to give you a family history or my life biography. What do you think? Oh, and I have asthma, I'm a hypochondriac and am prone to mild panic attacks.

Sounds like fun, huh? Anyway, I don't want to take the chance of trying shrooms if you (who I assume are experienced) think I have a good chance of getting fucked up over it.

Thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: A Selfish Question *DELETED* [Re: Ophelia]
    #4437314 - 07/22/05 08:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by gdman

Reason for deletion: No, this is not appropriate.

OfflineImpulse101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: 2 paces west of the "big ...
Re: A Selfish Question [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4437481 - 07/22/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

dude you didnt have to be so harsh...

i do think that your going into it with the wrong mindset, if you go in with mixed feelings it will only cause you to have a trip from hell. I personaly would wait another day untill you are not worried about how you will react. start small and work your way up you wouldnt jump into the deep end without learning to swim would you? (hah i did learned real quick couldnt swim worth a damn)

if you have a mental illness it will come out while shroomin, make sure your mental state is stable befor tryin it.

having to wait to be the right mindset is better than having to wait for the doctors to tell you your fate.

good luck and welcome to the shroomery :regularshroom:

--------------------
"Take me koalas back jack... take my koalas back, he lives somwhere out on the track mack... so take me koalas back"

"Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroon down!"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: A Selfish Question [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4437485 - 07/22/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

While I wont share in his ranting, I agree with the opinion...

"I'm a hypochondriac and am prone to mild panic attacks" + questioning if you should trip = a very good chance of a bad ride. And that bad ride can be pretty bad, and can turn it bad for everyone around you. I would highly suggest getting over your paranoia and panic attacks before trying these out.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
Re: A Selfish Question [Re: Ophelia]
    #4437501 - 07/22/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa that's a bit harsh Milkman!

For family history i shouldn't worry too much.
Mushrooms are highly unlikely to trigger anything that isn't going to happen anyway, and having an uncle with the condition doesn't actually greatly increase your risk of schizophrenia.
In my experience families are often looking for an answer as too why schizophrenia occurs, and i've heard many weird and wonderful theories. Often it is just an incident that happened to be at the same time. The one main exception is seriously overdoing cannabis in SOME individuals (a debate for another day though).
I'd like to qualify this by saying i'm a qualified mental health nurse.

There is evidence to suggest certain mental conditions, notably of the obsessive type, can be helped by psilocybin.
Regards panic i'd be cautious using shrooms. They can excacerbate panic feelings, and cause unusual physical sensations which can start a panic cycle or feed hypochondria.

If you feel you are stable and mature enough, start with a low dose, in company of friends you trust, in a safe comfortable place. Don't do anything you wouldn't normally do when sober.
Be aware it may make you feel strange, or give you odd thoughts. This is normal.
Relax, don't fight it, nothing bad is going to happen.

Mushrooms can help us explore ourselves, just be sure you are ready for that challenge.

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

Edited by Oakbear (07/22/05 09:45 AM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: A Selfish Question [Re: Oakbear]
    #4438077 - 07/22/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Errrr, i apologize for the ranting. This just struck a very sensitive nerve with me. I felt it was for Ophelia's own good.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag