Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Study: Cannabis users have less Depression
    #4436904 - 07/22/05 04:44 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Cannabis And Depression Research
July 21, 2005 - scoop.co.nz

Adults who use cannabis report suffering from less-severe incidents and/or symptoms of depression than non-users, according to survey data published last month in the journal Addictive Behaviors.

Researchers at the University of Southern California analyzed survey results from 4,400 adults who had completed The Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression scale (a numerical, self-report scale designed to assess symptoms of depression in the general population).

Authors compared "depression scores" among those who consumed cannabis daily, once a week or less, or never in their lives.

"Despite comparable ranges of scores on all depression subscales, those who used once per week or less had less depressed mood, more positive affect, and fewer somatic (physical) complaints than non-users," the authors wrote.

"Daily users [also] reported less depressed mood and more positive affect than non-users. ... These data suggest that adults apparently do not increase their risk for depression by using marijuana," researchers concluded.

---
* Other research shows Cannabis use damages teen brains

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Study: Cannabis users have less Depression [Re: veggie]
    #4441156 - 07/23/05 03:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I once suffered from depression and I was prescribed anti-depressants. Those drugs did absolutely nothing good for me except for making my life a haze. I quit using them and started taking one hit off of a small one hitter pipe twice a day. I never got "high", but my depression vanished. After about 3 weeks I quit smoking all together and the depression has never returned. Marijuana was a much better anti-depressant than anything any doctor gave me. The marijuana was actually suggested by a doctor off the record and now that is my primary doctor. He pretty much saved my ass.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service