Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomKillabrew
Grower dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
WBS Stalled?
    #4432595 - 07/21/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey y'all, About a month ago I made some WBS jars, after 2 weeks they were 25-40% colonized so I shook em. Now 2 weeks later they show little if any new growth. What caused them to stop? Are they stalled? Can I get away without shaking next time I make some? If pics are needed just say so and I will take some.
Thanks

--------------------
Disclaimer: All my posts are purely for entertainment purposes only. Furthermore, I have NO idea what I am talking about for I have never even seen a mushroom. All picture's are taken from various sources on the internet.

ShroomKill-a-brew :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: WBS Stalled? [Re: ShroomKillabrew]
    #4432627 - 07/21/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

pics would work. a month is a hellish long time, what temperature were they being incubated at?

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #4432680 - 07/21/05 09:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Many things could be WHY this happened.

But...
Did you get moisture right ? If running out of water will slow down growth.
What temps are we dealing with ?
Is there a way for some gas exchange? Even if just the old hippie method of invertend jars with lids slightly loosened?
Shaking is not a bad thing , depending on when on how much one does it IMHO , best times to shake are at aprox 5-15 % colonized , and then again around 70% depending on how good colonization is.And do not beat the living hell out of it , just enough to make sure good even distribution of colonized material.
And last but not least , you may have a contam that got in and or has finally managed to get a foot hold , so maybe consider risking the old sniff it trick to check .

PICS may help , but not required IMHO .
GL
Trip n D

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineShroomKillabrew
Grower dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: WBS Stalled? [Re: tripndicular]
    #4432745 - 07/21/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Temp is 86, quart jars with tyvek and polyfill. I think it might be wet spot cause there is a spot thats darker than all the rest, is wet, and has no myc on it. Can't put a pic now, I am not at my computer but I will later.

--------------------
Disclaimer: All my posts are purely for entertainment purposes only. Furthermore, I have NO idea what I am talking about for I have never even seen a mushroom. All picture's are taken from various sources on the internet.

ShroomKill-a-brew :beer:

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4434166 - 07/21/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Drop your temp a couple of degrees if possible. Although this may not be the reason they stalled, but around 83-84 is optimal.

So you are using tyvek AND polyfill? Next time try one or the other. I think using both is not necessary IME.

I have had the same problem with some WBS and straight millet jars.

I think they dried out though.

Question for someone that uses perilite in their incubator-

Does this help keep the moisture inside the jars? I have every element optimal. The inside of my incubator does get up to 80% humidity when there are a lot of jars in there. I believe the humidity needs to be balanced inside the incubator. Will this work for me? Or possibly us assuming killabrew's jars are drying out too.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: WBS Stalled? [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4434991 - 07/21/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

for future reference.
when room air is below 40% RH, it can suck your jars dry pretty quick.
soak some corrugated cardboard, and peel the outside off one of the sides, put that, ripple side up under your jars.
perlite would help too. but i think would be more likely to harbor comtams.

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: WBS Stalled? [Re: deanofmean]
    #4436026 - 07/21/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I might try the cardboard trick. The contams are the reason I didn't really like the perilite idea. The cardboard would harbor contams too? What about pumping air into a glass of water?

My RH in the air was never below 50% in the room. I think it was around 55 or 60. Then after the jars were in the incubator for a while and I kept adding more, the RH went up to and stuck at 80%.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: WBS Stalled? [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4436167 - 07/21/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

for some reason bacteria and mold don't seem to like cardboard.
when ever i'm having trouble with a print (or using a wild print) i germinate the spores on cardboard, then move it to agar w/1% h202, or LC w/ h202.
i don't know why, but mushroom spores germinate on wet cardboard and bacteria and mold don't.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: WBS Stalled? [Re: deanofmean]
    #4949339 - 11/17/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

deanofmean said:i don't know why, but mushroom spores germinate on wet cardboard and bacteria and mold don't.

Wood lovers, by chance?

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale