Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerustymiller
Stranger
Herd of cows
    #4430624 - 07/20/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Greetings all,

I have a question about cows. There's a secluded field nearby that I want to check out (for P Cubensis here in Louisiana) but I'm worried about the cows trampling me and what-not. On my last attempted visit there were a few cows near where I hopped the fence. I stood still for a bit to sort of introduce them to my presence and see what they would do, and more gathered until there were at least a dozen very close together, all staring at me and slowly moving closer. It became intimidating so I ended up abandoning ship. Anyway, I'm anxious to get back there and I'd like to hear others experiences with groups of cows.

Notes:

I did notice there was a calf (making lots of noise) so perhaps they were protecting it?

I didn't see any with horns, so I'm not concerned with bulls.

It was mid-day so perhaps night would be a better time when they are sleeping?

Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Herd of cows [Re: rustymiller]
    #4430699 - 07/20/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've never really had any problems with hostile cows in my experience with picking in cow farms. They seem to be nice mellow animals, at least in my experience with them.
I'm no expert on cows or whatever so I'm sure someone else would be able to help more.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Herd of cows [Re: eris]
    #4430778 - 07/20/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if you blink to hard they will run from you. they might walk up close to you but they will do it with much caution. by the way, i'm in LA. it would be funny if you were in one of my old fields.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #4431477 - 07/21/05 12:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My guess is they've just learned to assoicate people with food and when they see you coming they think they're going to be fed. Cows are typically a calm animal.

Offlinetheonlyfake
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Herd of cows [Re: Gumby]
    #4433037 - 07/21/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

what part of LA

Offlinetrizout
Stranger
Re: Herd of cows [Re: theonlyfake]
    #4433082 - 07/21/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Usually if you were red its a sign of peace and they will help you in your findings.

Edited by trizout (07/21/05 11:26 AM)

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: Herd of cows [Re: trizout]
    #4433875 - 07/21/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

lolol good advice trizout.... Gumby is right they prolly thought you were there to feed them. Just stay clear of the bulls and especially when a calfs nearby and you should be all good.

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4435163 - 07/21/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Rusty, welcome to the shroomery. IME, every group of cows is different. In one field they like to walk with me and lick me,lol. in another they group together the whole time I'm there and just don't let me out of their sight.
In yet another, any time they think I am in a spot where I can't get away from them, the whole herd (about 20) will chase me (at a full run), I'm too scared to get close to those cows, I think other frequenters to that field probably mistreat them :nonono:
Don't bother looking for horns, some cows have horns, some bulls do not. Look between their legs, you can easily seperate utters from balls (BIG BALLS!) :lol:

Good Luck  :mushroom2:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4435234 - 07/21/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They probably thought that you was bringing them a treat. Next time you go, bring some apples, feed them, show them yur cool, and walk away and hunt.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineYESSSUP
LookinForThatFatPaTTy

Loc: SouthEastTexas
Re: Herd of cows [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4435283 - 07/21/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

A Bull Has...

A Cow Has...

YessUp

Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

Loc: buckeye state
Re: Herd of cows [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4435290 - 07/21/05 07:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So if a bull does not have horns will it still charge you? Will a cow that has horns charge?

--------------------

Thank you for drinking Bud Light.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4435333 - 07/21/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They just think you have food or salt, get a small twig with leaves on the end to keep with you, the rustling of leaves freeks them, maybe find a ball size block of salt, and put it on the ground, them will start
licking and you will be there friend for life.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: Herd of cows [Re: theonlyfake]
    #4435763 - 07/21/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

u tell me which part u from and i'll tell you if it's where i was.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

Offlinejackknifethug
Stranger
Re: Herd of cows [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4436097 - 07/21/05 11:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ok dude easy fix... i had this problem my first time and i called a friend, he told me to run full speed at the cow(s), and theyd run off... trust me it works... i was scared SHITLESS the first time i tried, but sure enough the cow turned and ran like a bitch. so far EVERY time i run towards a cow, they just run off
just grab yer nuts and go AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
lol

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: Herd of cows [Re: jackknifethug]
    #4436230 - 07/21/05 11:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeh, i have a beagle and when we go to the farm with him he chases herds of them. imagine that, full grown cows running from a beagle.

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Herd of cows [Re: crystallize]
    #4436249 - 07/21/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

crystallize said:
So if a bull does not have horns will it still charge you?

What? of course it will, get a long stick, and use it to search the grass as well as provide protection against cows, and to clear them away from an area should you desire to search where their lazy asses are laying all over. And if it's a bull, don't try to steer it around. Expect to get mowed the fuck over. Run fast.
Oh ya, the first time I saw a cow at it's true power it made me weak to realize I was just bacon on the tip of a spear. And they can run fast, bulls are not always the only worry. Like a giant freight slab of cow at 30MPH ain't cool . :smirk: Fear not!

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4436997 - 07/22/05 03:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Be real careful; of the cow girls. they are the most exciting cows in a field. I did have a waer buffalo charge me this summer. scarred me too. mean fucker. But in the meantime, look out for these cow girls.

ANd this male Pink Buffalko wanted some action at me too. He mounted the little hill and grunted at me.

mjshroomer

It was a gray male buffalo formthe buffalo arena which charged me. this pink one was not as scary.

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
    #4437785 - 07/22/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I used to work in a cow pasture. There were a few bulls, but they always left me alone....UNTIL you break out the 2 gallon bucket of gravel that we would shake, making them think it was feed time.. Then the stampede started and i got knocked over a few times... So yeah, just don't bring a bucket of gravel and shake it and everything should be copacetic.

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder