Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburbia
Preparation Day (last minute questions) *DELETED*
    #4432067 - 07/21/05 05:27 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by NewbieShroomie

Reason for deletion: Already got answers, finished my mix.

Edited by Newbie (07/21/05 05:30 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Preparation Day (last minute questions) [Re: Newbie]
    #4432109 - 07/21/05 06:02 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

1) Is it better to mix each jar separately or to mix in one big bowl then pour into jars?

It doesn't really matter -  use a big bowl, with the assistance of a strainer if you want to even out the mix.  Make a jar and check the consistancy, making sure the verm is coated with the BRF and not just other verm (same goes for the flour chunks)  It'll be nice and fluffy.

Quote:

2) I'm a little unclear on the settling method...do I just pour the mixture in until it is at the very top, tap it down to settle it, then fill the left over space with dry vermiculite? (after wiping the sides clean of course)

Yup - in my experiance, you want 1/2 - 3/4 inch dry verm buffer on top though.

Quote:

3) Once the jar is finished and the lid/tape goes on, how do I put the tin-foil on? Just cover the lid but leave the bottom open? (the part where the lid meets the jar). How long do I boil for...an hour or so?

Bring the outer layer of foil all the way down the sides of the jar, just leaving the bottom exposed.  I boiled for 120min when I used that method, and now PC for 60min.  You can prolly get away with less time, lots of others do.

Quote:

4) Once boiling is complete (my pot is not that big i can only do about 4-5 jars at a time) do I just place them in my closet until inoculation day? (friday) My room is pretty hot during the day and it's very humid as well, I didn't know if that was good or bad at this particular stage...

I wouldn't make jars to early from innoc if your boiling, but otherwise that should be fine.  You want them to inncubate in a warm (79f-86f), dark, and dry area.  Humidity doesn't help jars, just adds problems.

Quote:

5.) Any other last minute tips to help a newb get off on the right foot are greatly appreciated.

Just do a lot of reading.  Look through some PF-Teks grows in the Grow Log forum.  Then use the search function and you can find other people that have asked and answered the same question(s) have.  Years worth of data on here. Good luck and go big :shroomer:

Edited by Civ (07/21/05 06:20 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation