Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Visuals from marijuana after continued mushroom usage?
    #4431844 - 07/21/05 04:00 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have heard several claims that people have obtained visuals through the use of just smoking marijuana since they started eating shrooms (or LSD?). My questions would have to be: is this true for the most part? If so, what kind of visuals? and how long of mushroom usage would it take to reach such a level- if at all possible (weeks, months, years, etc.) If this was true it would shed a whole new light on weed in my view. Breathe new life into the whole experience! But I am a little skeptical, I hear things more often about relaxed highs and such. the weed-visual talk is rare.

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Visuals from marijuana after continued mushroom usage? [Re: BurnOneDown]
    #4431950 - 07/21/05 04:23 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

you don't need mushrooms to get visuals on weed. however a trip will probably make you more likely to notice the hallucinogenic properties of cannabis. the visuals are mainly CEV type things; a colored static overlayed on everything, geometric shapes with closed eyes. you won't get objects morphing or anything. eating the weed will make the visuals stronger.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineMattWhite
Feed My Head

Loc: UK
Re: Visuals from marijuana after continued mushroom usage? [Re: alsey]
    #4431973 - 07/21/05 04:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I only ever get visual distortions (ripples, frames, trails) and CEV's from weed.

Edited by MattWhite (07/21/05 04:31 AM)

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

#4431982 - 07/21/05 04:33 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have gotten the slightest visuals on weed, but I am talking about something more intense. I have smoked my brains out some nights in hopes of seeing something fantastic. A few people I know have a few good stories, but no such luck for me! I really wanted to heighten the otherwise boring experience, or am I just being too hopeful?

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

Edited by BurnOneDown (07/21/05 04:35 AM)

Offlinealsey

#4432001 - 07/21/05 04:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

weed visuals aren't amazing in the way mushroom visuals can be. they're more in the background. don't expect to get mushroom visuals from weed. eating it will make the effects more hallucinogenic.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

#4432028 - 07/21/05 04:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I know the two are VERY different. All I am saying is weed bores me, if there were a way in which I could get more out of it, surely I would stroll down that path.

--------------------

Edited by BurnOneDown (07/21/05 04:58 AM)

Offlinealsey

#4432267 - 07/21/05 09:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

if weed bores you, don't use it.

--------------------

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

#4432555 - 07/21/05 11:21 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yea alseys right, if it bores you stop using it. What you get is what you get... if you want visuals then shroom...

Edited by today mylove (07/21/05 11:21 AM)

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Re: Visuals from marijuana after continued mushroom usage? [Re: today mylove]
    #4432925 - 07/21/05 12:44 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it. However sometimes it just feels like, been there done that. I just cant believe that I am the only one who feels this way.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4433043 - 07/21/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Your not, that is why you should take a break. The magic goes away over time, you are burning yourself out with pot.
This is the way drugs work. When you take them over and over again, usually you develop a tolerance to them. Rarely, with psychedelics, you can experience a sort of retro tolerance in that all other drugs get you higher but that is usually after a tramatic, very large dose

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: Visuals from marijuana after continued mushroom usage? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4433883 - 07/21/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i had a similar situation recently. during June of this year i reached a point where i was smoking weed 3 times a day (on average about 10 bowls a day) for two weeks, and not only did my tolerance shoot up to a point where i could take three bowls of mid to the dome and barely be high, but that even with the most potent nugget the high just wasnt that good anymore. i took a break for a month and when i started smoking again it was suddenly great again, it was fun and exciting again. take a break, the magic will return, just like mecreateme said.

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

Offlinealsey

#4434218 - 07/21/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

a break would probably be a good idea. then the next time you smoke you'll be like 'wow, i'm actually high!'.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #4434540 - 07/21/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

All the same, regardless of tolerance, there is a limit to how high you can get. Purely in the interest of science, some friends and I took a break from smoking to make sure we had no tolerance on 420, then smoked as much as we could of some really good bud (two different kinds). Myself and one other person smoked 5 grams apiece, and niether of us experienced any visuals beyond the typical minor distortions mentioned above.

This doesn't bother me, as I don't smoke to get visuals. If i want visuals, salvia does just fine.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4434601 - 07/21/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

just keep tripping on shrooms for the couple of years and you'll eventually start getting pretty good visuals from weed. don't overdue the shrooms though, stick to no more than once a month. you shouldn't be tripping just so that weed gets more visual. after about 6 shroom trips for me weed started getting a ton more visual.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
    #4434671 - 07/21/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, visuals on weed acquire a whole new dimension after several shroom or LSD trips. Especially if you were taking weed in the same time with the strong psychedelics.

They become more psychedelic, as if you're entering some space, border... where weed trip usually would stop and transform itself into something a lot like a shroom and acid trip.

But never quite so impressively as the real shroom/LSD trip.

my 2c..

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Visuals from marijuana after continued mushroom usage? [Re: alphaone]
    #4434934 - 07/21/05 08:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

smoke by yourself in nature (forest if possible) while sitting and totally comfortable and you should have nice visuals. Sativa, btw

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience