Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

no pins, could i switch to a casing?
    #4430027 - 07/20/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

heya its been about 7 days since cold shocked and put the cakes in the fruiting chamber. the temp is a good 73 to 78 deg (more in the 75 to 76 75% of the time. they are getting 12 hours of flourscent lighting about 20 watt, using aquarium full spectrum lights. a good 98 to 100% humidity

the cakes are BRF, and get 30 mins of air exzchange every 90 mins, prolly about 6 to 9 ccf per min in a 40 gal terrium.

heres the thing, i couldn't birth at the time, so they hibernated for about 7 weeks, after full colonization. there were no contams in the jars, they looked good to go. i cold shocked em in the fridge for 24 hours.

primodia is forming on the cakes, but its goiing slooooooooooowwwww. three of 5 cakes have about 50% to 60% of the cake with promidia.

i think two things could be happening here, the cold shock slowed down the pinning down alot, or the myc eat up alot of the nutrients in the hibernation period.

do you think its one or the other, or a lil of both, or another reason.

you think i should throw an ice pack or two in there to cold shock again. or jus tbe patient.

would it be possible to remove the cakes, and case them. if so what tek could i use for this that would be well suited (prolly one with good nutrient supply to rejuvinate the colony)

thanx for your time much help would be appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: no pins, could i switch to a casing? [Re: thegaruda]
    #4431640 - 07/21/05 01:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nonsense.  If there is primordia, you are good to go.  If they grow slowly, they'll just be stronger.  Don't be so impatient (only I am allowed that luxury  :smirk: ).

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: no pins, could i switch to a casing? [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4431983 - 07/21/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That is of course if what your seeing is actually primordia, and not hyphae (rhizos, ropey strands)...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix