Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Need to lose 20 lbs
    #4426721 - 07/20/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In less than 5 weeks I will be headed to Jamaica for 7 days. I need to lose 20lbs fast. Any ideas? Is it even possible to lose 20 lbs in 4 weeks? I have a friend that lost 20 lbs in two weeks once on a low carb diet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Need to lose 20 lbs [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #4427273 - 07/20/05 07:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Don't totally avoid carbs, just cut back a bit, eat lots of fruits n veggies, tuna is great if you like it too, and stay away from procesed food.

oh and exercise daily

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4427275 - 07/20/05 07:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Don't totally avoid carbs, just cut back a bit, eat lots of fruits n veggies, tuna is great if you like it too, and stay away from procesed food.

oh and exercise daily

also don't eat big meals, try and spread out your meals so you have 6 smaller ones a day.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4427302 - 07/20/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Go on a juice fast for five days of each week, consuming nothing but fruit juice. You should lose about a pound a day on average. The juice will minimize hunger and ensure you have sufficient energy to get through the day. On off days eat low fat, nutrient-rich meals.

If you stick it out, you should lose about five pounds a week and twenty pounds over the course of four weeks.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleParanoidAndroid
Dude
 User Gallery

Re: Need to lose 20 lbs [Re: zorbman]
    #4427840 - 07/20/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Losing anything more than about 2 pounds a week is unhealthy for your body. Any type of fasting will just cause you to regain weight after you are done fasting. 5 pounds a week? come on fellas, that's just not sound advice. Sure losing water weight makes you feel good, but you won't feel good after a couple days of stopping your "diet" and looking at the scale only to have regained your weight, and possibly more.

So You Wanna Lose Weight?

You can do it either two ways:

a. You can fast (losing water weight) (upto 5+ lbs a week)
b. You can do it the right way, which is to limit caloric intake and exercise. (losing about 1-2 pounds a week)

Sorry dude, hate to break it to ya but the only way you're gonna lose weight and keep it off (should be a long term goal anyway) is limiting calories and having an exercise routine.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #4428298 - 07/20/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What a bad advice.
Paranoid is right. Theres no fast way to lose weight and keep it off.
No pain no gain :wink:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Need to lose 20 lbs [Re: ParanoidAndroid]
    #4430851 - 07/20/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Losing anything more than about 2 pounds a week is unhealthy for your body.

What is the basis for your opinion?

Any type of fasting will just cause you to regain weight after you are done fasting.

Maybe so, but he didn't ask for strategies on keeping it off. He asked for help in dropping a specific weight during a specific time period. I gave it to him.

5 pounds a week? come on fellas, that's just not sound advice.

Well, let's see here..He asked for a way to drop 20 lbs. in 4 weeks. Twenty divided by four equals five. That's five pounds a week. The technique I gave will accomplish that. And it won't be all water weight either. There are not enough calories in the juice to satisfy his energy needs so his body will be forced to burn fat. The juice will ensure he gets plenty of fluids.

Sorry dude, hate to break it to ya but the only way you're gonna lose weight and keep it off (should be a long term goal anyway) is limiting calories and having an exercise routine.

He didn't ask for information on how to keep weight off long term- he asked how to drop 20 lbs. in 4 weeks. Sheesh.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Need to lose 20 lbs [Re: Gus]
    #4430865 - 07/20/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What a bad advice.
Paranoid is right. Theres no fast way to lose weight and keep it off.

I wasn't advising him to do it, I was answering the question he posed which is more than most people have done. Note that he did not ask how to keep weight off- he asked how to lose weight in a specified time period.

Next thing you know someone will be offering him financial advice.

--------------------

Edited by zorbman (07/20/05 10:49 PM)

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
    #4431106 - 07/20/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

try to jog and swim everyday for a least a couple miles, drink plenty of water, stay away from fast foods, and have a good attitude!

sounds like your going to Psytopia. if you are, youre going to have a blast.

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Need to lose 20 lbs [Re: gema]
    #4431312 - 07/21/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I am going to Psytopia. I'm cutting all caffiene and sugary drinks tommorow, as well as stopping refined sugar and refined flour intake. I'm also gonna start jogging in a week. Even if I dont lose 20 lbs in four weeks its still a good for my health.

InvisibleParanoidAndroid
Dude
 User Gallery

#4431376 - 07/21/05 12:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
Losing anything more than about 2 pounds a week is unhealthy for your body.

(1) What is the basis for your opinion?

Any type of fasting will just cause you to regain weight after you are done fasting.

(2) Maybe so, but he didn't ask for strategies on keeping it off. He asked for help in dropping a specific weight during a specific time period. I gave it to him.

5 pounds a week? come on fellas, that's just not sound advice.

(3) Well, let's see here..He asked for a way to drop 20 lbs. in 4 weeks. Twenty divided by four equals five. That's five pounds a week. The technique I gave will accomplish that. And it won't be all water weight either. There are not enough calories in the juice to satisfy his energy needs so his body will be forced to burn fat. The juice will ensure he gets plenty of fluids.

(4) He didn't ask for information on how to keep weight off long term- he asked how to drop 20 lbs. in 4 weeks. Sheesh.

(1) I'll make it real simple for ya, pal. Check this shit out....
"To reach your goal safely, plan to lose weight gradually. A weight loss of one-half to two pounds a week is usually safe, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2000." My opinion? Nah, more like fact coming from the United States Food and Drug Administration*.

(2) What you gave him was bad advice... plain and simple, and I'm going to give you facts and sources throughout this reply. Giving bad dieting advice could cost this person their good health. I would refrain from posting bad advice in this forum, you may end up hurting someone. "There's nothing wrong with going on a juice fast for a few days," he says. "But it's not a great way to lose weight, because you'll gain it all back -- you yo-yo. It's just like the Atkins diet. The weight you lose is water weight."**

(3) Hey man, thanks for the math lesson. That shit was boggling my mind all day. 20/4=5. WHOA! Hey dude, if you got any credible source backing up your claim, please do post it! Here is mine...yet again**.

(4) Thanks for summarizing his post for me. The following link is great reading posted on the health.gov site. I suggest reading this before giving anymore bad advice***.

*( FDA.gov - get schooled.)
**( http://my.webmd.com/content/article/49/40111.htm)
***(Dietary Guidelines for Americans)

InvisibleParanoidAndroid
Dude
 User Gallery

#4431412 - 07/21/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pirate_Patrick said:
Yes I am going to Psytopia. I'm cutting all caffiene and sugary drinks tommorow, as well as stopping refined sugar and refined flour intake. I'm also gonna start jogging in a week. Even if I dont lose 20 lbs in four weeks its still a good for my health.

In the long run, you will be much healthier and have sustained weight loss - as opposed to zorbman's advice.
I hope you read the links that I posted in my reply to zorbman as well as the one I posted in my first reply.
I lost 20 pounds (albeit not in 4 weeks, but more like 3-4 months) just by not drinking sodas, eating healthier and following a very light exercise plan.
You can do it, bro.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Need to lose 20 lbs [Re: ParanoidAndroid]
    #4431504 - 07/21/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"To reach your goal safely, plan to lose weight gradually. A weight loss of one-half to two pounds a week is usually safe, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2000." My opinion? Nah, more like fact coming from the United States Food and Drug Administration.

Oh boy! The FDA, huh? Well, if it comes from the government it MUST be correct, right? Is this the same FDA that is always fast tracking unsafe drugs for Americans only to recall them later? Is this the same FDA whose officials routinely approve prescription drugs to be rewarded later with lucrative positions inside those same companies?

Even if that information was reliable, it doesn't take into account a person's actual starting weight!
For instance, if someone weighs 250 lbs then 5 lbs would represent only a 2% weight loss per week. A one-size fits all approach is not logical because people have varying weights.

What you gave him was bad advice... plain and simple, and I'm going to give you facts and sources throughout this reply.

I did not give him any advice.

And I'm still waiting for your facts and sources..

Hey man, thanks for the math lesson. That shit was boggling my mind all day. 20/4=5. WHOA! Hey dude, if you got any credible source backing up your claim, please do post it!

Mathematics Explained
http://www.paulchapmanpublishing.co.uk/book.aspx?pid=102109

Once again, I did not advise the man to take any course of action. Unlike you, I gave him relevant information on how to accomplish what he actually asked about.

--------------------

InvisibleParanoidAndroid
Dude
 User Gallery

#4431538 - 07/21/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
"To reach your goal safely, plan to lose weight gradually. A weight loss of one-half to two pounds a week is usually safe, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2000." My opinion? Nah, more like fact coming from the United States Food and Drug Administration.

Oh boy! The FDA, huh? Well, if it comes from the government it MUST be correct, right? Is this the same FDA that is always fast tracking unsafe drugs for Americans only to recall them later? Is this the same FDA whose officials routinely approve prescription drugs to be rewarded later with lucrative positions inside those same companies?

Even if that information was reliable, it doesn't take into account a person's actual starting weight!
For instance, if someone weighs 250 lbs then 5 lbs would represent only a 2% weight loss per week. A one-size fits all approach is not logical because people have varying weights.

What you gave him was bad advice... plain and simple, and I'm going to give you facts and sources throughout this reply.

I did not give him any advice.

And I'm still waiting for your facts and sources..

Hey man, thanks for the math lesson. That shit was boggling my mind all day. 20/4=5. WHOA! Hey dude, if you got any credible source backing up your claim, please do post it!

Mathematics Explained
http://www.paulchapmanpublishing.co.uk/book.aspx?pid=102109

Once again, I did not advise the man to take any course of action. Unlike you, I gave him relevant information on how to accomplish what he actually asked about.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4434283 - 07/21/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This fruit juice thing will work. This should work better yet. I would add small amounts of spirulina, which might help minimize muscleloss and adds energy. Instead of fruit juice, I recommend the master cleanser. Into one gallon of pure water add: 7 fresh squeezed lemons, 1/4 cup of grade B or C maple syrup. ( adds minerals, keeps energy up and hunger away) and finally 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper. This can be adjusted to taste. This will work great. Add the spirulina at one tsp. up to three times a day. If you eat regular on the other days. Use coconut oil for your fat ( this increases thyroid and will speed metabolism) Also if you can afford it add CLA , up to eight grams per day. That should do it.

Careful when you start eating again. You can put weight back on fast if you aren't careful.

While not the healthiest way to lose weight. If you are healthy it shouldn't be a problem.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Need to lose 20 lbs [Re: Icelander]
    #4434572 - 07/21/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That is good info. As a matter of fact, I have been taking spirulina regularly. It provides more complete protein that any other food source. About 60% to 70% compared with only 22% for beef! Also a full spectrum of vitamins in balanced amounts. Truly a super food.

I plan to do the master cleanser soon and already have my lemon juice and maple syrup on hand. And I've been using the cayenne pepper. Strangely enough, it knocked out my sore throat! It's known as a "counter irritant", and improves circulation.

If you do decide to try the fast, the master cleanser would have the additional benefit of cleansing toxins from your system and you will come away healthier for it. You can kill two birds with one stone.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder