Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJEDI
Stranger
very bizzare marijuana experience
    #4431074 - 07/21/05 01:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i have smoked pot a few dozen times and my last time was just bizzare. i was at a friends house in the early morning where he had some extremly strong chronic. it had been a good 3 weeks since my last smoke. so i took 1 long breathe in hit out of his bong. effects seemed pretty normal like pot to me, except when we started playing NBA jam on the NES for a while, i had a vivid recolletion of a 'FEELING' i had felt during childhood. it was like i was a child all over again. then suddenly i felt like i was living my child-life for a good 10 minutes. the music i had heard i felt like i heard when i was a child and the visuals in the game i saw when i was a child it was really fucking odd.

why do you think the pot did that? NEVER in my whole life have i experienced a childhood memory from smoking pot. has anybody tripped this bad from just pot?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: JEDI]
    #4432004 - 07/21/05 04:42 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

>why do you think the pot did that?

"smoked pot a few dozen times" + "had some extremly strong chronic" = "a 'FEELING'"

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4432342 - 07/21/05 09:50 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
>why do you think the pot did that?

"smoked pot a few dozen times" + "had some extremly strong chronic" = "a 'FEELING'"

i have never tripped that bad before. thanks for the sarcasm but i use a feeling as a type of mood, not a feeling like im high. so for example a feeling in my situation would be an exact mood i had as a child.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: JEDI]
    #4432353 - 07/21/05 09:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've had the same thing happen to me, where I remembered a feeling that I used to feel as a child, exactly as I used to feel it. It felt like I was back in 8th grade. I can't explain it.

If you want my advice, don't bother trying to figure out why. Weed is a hell of a drug. It can be a very deep experience.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4432408 - 07/21/05 10:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

almost every time i smoke weed i trip out major,i keep my cool,but it completely blows my mind out into the netherzone.
And pretty much for the last few months every time ive smoked which is about once to twice a week I enter the same state of being very aware of the human creature,the animal that is us.
I cant stop looking and studying it,the flesh,the behavioural patterns,the subtle fluctuations in speech and the patterns of voice and gesture.
it feels like im becoming a third party,no longer human,when i look at a human i get a feeling of alienation rather than recognition and general acceptance as human as the "norm"
like when you look at a snake or whatnot, you see the creature there,a strange animalistic primordial thing,but when most look at a human they dont really notice it as an animal,they ahve this subconscious trigger which focuses on other things like gender, facial movements etc..etc we're intune with it on a different level.
that instinctive triggering system is slowly fading with me when i smoke pot,its nuts

im there with a buddy,talk talk blah blah,laugh,smoke pot.....what the fuck is that thing breathing slowly....eye balls moving about,its limgs stretch out...tendril like fingers clutching at things,fumbling somtetimes.....
freaky man

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: krin]
    #4432533 - 07/21/05 11:13 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Being able to have that feeling of childish wonder is one of the main reasons I smoke pot. :stoned:

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: Wysefool]
    #4433233 - 07/21/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, going back and reliving something is powerful medicine!! And it's pretty damn cool too! Even feeling feelings of sadness just as you did the first time in your life can be awesome.

If you try to pin an explanation on it too soon it might diminish/extinguish it. That'll probably come soon enough anyway with time/experience and then it'll be explained to you. I know it's hard not to try to explain something in scientific terms in this day and age, but some things are better just left to happen and experienced for what they are at the time. IMHO

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4433601 - 07/21/05 03:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It wasnt sarcasim...I could have said

"smoked pot a few dozen times" + "had some extremly strong chronic" = "[YOUR] 'FEELING'"

Same thing...basically what that means is you've only smoked a few dozen times, I smoke constantly, and what most people call killer stuff, but when I break out the actual headies, I get blazed out of my mind after a few bowls of extreamly strong cronic and any sort of feelings like you describe could happen, a feeling of tripping.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4435471 - 07/21/05 10:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I get that when playing NES games on my dreamcast. I love it. It's wonderful, and the feeling of nostalgia's just great.

It was a good coincidence that you smoked that good weed, and had the setting that you did last night. The planets must have been aligned, dude. :wink:

But in all seriousness, cannabis sativa can definitely rip that feeling out of you and magnify it. I love cannabis and have a very deep respect for it. You haven't been smoking long, so I'll just say to make sure you don't abuse it, and things like this may happen to you throughout your life time. Of course without weed as well, but still.. it's definitely a blessing.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: browndustin]
    #4436096 - 07/22/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I get feelings like that on lsd. The child like wonder... the hysteria on a good dose makes me laugh so hard i remember only laughing like that as a kid.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: baraka]
    #4436289 - 07/22/05 02:10 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:18 AM)

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: StickyWater]
    #4436372 - 07/22/05 02:33 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I can definitely relate to your experience! I have only used pot about 6-7 times, and only one time did I really get high off my ass. I was at a friend's house, and we had just come back from a walk in the country, where I had smoked half a bowl, with great difficulty, because it was windy, and I lost the bowl. But we went in his room and I went next to his window and smoked a giant bowl.

By the time I was done, I realized how high I was, and stumbled over to a chair next to my friend, who was on the phone with a girl. I turned on the tv and flipped channels. I saw motorcycle track racing, and for some reason I stopped. I started watching it, and suddenly had the sensation I was in my childhood. I remembered when I was just a young kid I watched these motorcycle races on tv. The sensation occurred when the camera hit a side angle following the cycles, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks, and I felt like I was back in my childhood, it was nuts.

--------------------

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: very bizzare marijuana experience [Re: matchbook]
    #4437155 - 07/22/05 09:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

no time to read all but why do you call it bad trip?

isnt childhood memories suppose to bring warmth into your life? I think you need to take a look at yourself, then at MJ

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh: