Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom
 Arcade Champion: Space Runner

Brand new greenhouse! * 1
    #4430886 - 07/21/05 12:48 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, inspired by Hippiechicks grand opening of her new house, I figured I have neglected my mushrooms enough, and decided they need a house to grow in.  So I dedicated a whole room to them, and gave them a brand new green house.

I didn't want to hassle with making a hole for each air intake, as it seemed like a pain in the butt, plus the PVC would be hanging off the plastic, and I don't like the idea of that either.  So what I did, was put the PVC piping on the INSIDE, and supported it with the greenhouses shelving.

I then took some handy dandy zip ties I got for a few bucks, and secured everything to the shelving.  I put the plastic cover on and slit the two holes for the two air inputs.  One on top, and one on bottom... unfortunately I haven't bought both of them yet, but one is hooked up :smile: I used a razor blade to just cut a plain ol' hole slit in the plastic, and pushed it over the PVC fitting (1" 3-way), and put duct tape over it generously.  For now, I just put some duct tape over the bottom one so air can't escape.

Here it is in all its glory.

For humidification I got a Vicks Coolmist (w/ impeller) and duct taped a funnel to the top of it, and the hose fit conveniently right in.  If it didn't however, I would have gotten a bit smaller of a funnel so it fit over the top... I was thankful it fit right, because I really REALLY didn't feel like going back to the store :wink:

I decided an air intake lower than the top air output would be best, so that water doesn't build up or drip into the chamber, so I gave it a bit of room to build up condensation and drain before reaching the top air output. (Yeah I had to ducttape the bottom of that 3-way (ran out of elbows, had to jimmy rig it... will this be a problem?  Will duct tape rot or anything?)).

And lastly, in case of any condensation building up in the vertical pipe, I put a screw off plug on the bottom for draining.

---------------

So there you have it!  It's up and running, needs one more humidifier, but that can come in a bit.  There's no one to fill it up yet, which is sad... but soon enough it will be a big forest of happy love! :smile: Any ideas or suggestions are welcome, and any questions please ask and I will gladly fill you in on the details.

Total cost for all this was 65 dollars, not including the humidifier.  The green house was $50 :frown:

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Edited by Onetwothree (07/21/05 12:48 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Brand new greenhouse! [Re: Onetwothree]
    #4430969 - 07/21/05 01:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Very, Very Nice  :thumbup:

Mine are also attached with zip ties, forgot to mention that in my write up  :blush:, Thanks . You've already incorporated some of my plans for my next one. Wanted to make sure everything on this one works the way I hoped it would. So far so good :thumbup:

I'm really curious to see how the one coolmist will keep up the humidity. I know some peeps thought the 2 coolmists wouldn't do that great with humidity, but mine has been running 93% on the top floor and 91% on the third floor. And FAE, It fills like a balloon,lol. I can feel air coming out the bottom front opening.

Can't wait to see how yours does :thumbup:

Looks Great.

PVC is GREAT, isn't it. And fun,lol.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

You might have already thought of it, but if not, you might want to take some elbows and make your air inlets point up, not down, help cut down on water dripping. :thumbup:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Brand new greenhouse! [Re: HippieChick]
    #4431114 - 07/21/05 01:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yea, very nice... when i make me a nuther i'm gonna turn the outlets upwards so they won't drip so much.    on my current one i put some register vents on each side at the bottom so stale air can escape...  i wish i had found one like yalls... i got one of those rinky dink #'s from lowes... its not as big and the plastic doesnt even come down past the bottom shelf... 

:bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom
 Arcade Champion: Space Runner

Re: Brand new greenhouse! [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4431328 - 07/21/05 02:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the comments. I will definately turn the elbows upward, so no water drops splash on the casings, like chineese water torture!

So far, the one coolmist has been running for two hours and humidity on the top shelf is 85%, I will go check the bottom in a bit (I'm heading out to a movie hehe). The FAE on the other hand isn't so great, from what it seems like anyway... on the furthest air outlet you can only just barely feel the air, so I think the second coolmist may be needed just for the FAE alone.

I love playing with the PVC, it's like a big erector-set from way back in the day, hehe.

I need to get some plastic sheeting to seal up the bottom though. The plastic does come down and touch the floor, but who knows what nasty things lurk in apartment carpet, ya know? So I'd like that to get sealed off. Next paycheck!

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Brand new greenhouse! [Re: Onetwothree]
    #4431470 - 07/21/05 02:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hippiechic had a good idea about sealing off the bottom.. roll it onto plastic and pull it up like a diaper....  i did it the hard way and layed plastic on the bottom shelf and folded it up and duktaped the inside edges.....you can prob do it with a big trash bag if you dont have plastic sheeting...but plastic sheeting is purdier   

:bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation