Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species?
    #4430511 - 07/20/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I posted these pictures about a year ago after finding these very odd psilocybes growing in a development in Dallas, GA. They seem to be related to Weilii by the taste and by the smell. They are EXTREMELY potent. Even though their size is very small, only 4-5 are needed for a full trip. Infact they are so weightless that when taken on an empty stomach they did nothing for almost 3 hours until I ate something to get the digestion process going.

Please do not say "theyre just weilii dude" the biggest one in this picture is the biggest I've ever found out there. They are not simply premature or unhealthy weilii they exhibit traits of their own like for example the cap never ever becomes flat, it stays formed like a panaeolus no matter how old it is. The stem is always very very skinny too.

Please submit your thoughts on this possible new species or mutated weilii strain.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: I2ancid]
    #4430525 - 07/20/05 11:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

whatever it is, please get prints! :wink:

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4430534 - 07/20/05 11:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Since there have been so many weilii finds already, im going out to check how theyre coming this year tommaro, hopefully there will be a few up.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4430541 - 07/20/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hopefully we can get some experts in here. Those are very interesting. They look like a cross between some kind of pan and a weilii.

edit: Psilocybe Atlantis Pic

Edited by mastacheefa (07/20/05 11:48 PM)

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4430551 - 07/20/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, definitely look like some sort of cross between weilii and pans.

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#4430642 - 07/20/05 11:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

wow thats an intensely blue mushroom. The stem is very similar thats for sure. I'll go scope them out tommaro and take pics

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4430859 - 07/21/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Prints are the key, it's pretty much worthless trying to identify a new species without a microscope.. Get a print!! And then send it to a leading mycologist and ask him to compare it to some weilii spores, or check his books, etc. Make sure you trust this guy.
My guess: it is a sub-type of weilii.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: flowstone]
    #4431042 - 07/21/05 01:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Any recomendations on who I would send it to?

--------------------

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #4431452 - 07/21/05 02:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like a Weilii, dude... lol :wink:

No, seriously. Looks interesting. Best person to send it to would be Guzman, but good luck hearing back from him within the next 2 years. I don't think LK has heard anything about his new species yet(he sent them 2 or 3 years ago).

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: Gumby]
    #4432641 - 07/21/05 11:39 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think i have also found either a new species or atlantis, across from a weilii patch but i havent gotten any pics yet. the stems are much skinnier than those and judging by the pics of atlantis ive seen I2ancid i dont think the ones you have posted are. Could very well be a new species, which i think are all over the place. We have so many people looking in the northern georgia area that theres bound to be new species finds...

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: phishhead]
    #4433030 - 07/21/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

what is it with georgia? A little tryptamine oasis south of the appalachians. Lucky!

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: nycomyco]
    #4433232 - 07/21/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Haha! Yeah its great. Im thankfull everyday that I live in such an awesome place for mushrooms. Maybe the rest of the country is just as lucky but no one has found "the weilii" of their region. Remember weilii were only just discovered in 1995. It seems this has caused many more people to actively look for psilocybes in lawns. Which in turn is showing that Georgia may have way more active species than anyone ever thought.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4433381 - 07/21/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

There were absolutely none out there today, at all, I guess theyre just a fall mushroom. The weilii are still coming up though but have slowed down alot since that big flush earlier.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4433404 - 07/21/05 02:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Workman has been working on Atlanis and has some nice equipment for comparing I'm sure, check with him..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinewildbill
billbo
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomy central FL
    #4434442 - 07/21/05 06:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

in a post a few weeks ago from mjshroomer he had that picture of that new psilocybe species kinda looked like those i think, should look it up.

--------------------
"ow-now-brown-cow" ~ _Ron Burgundy_

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4435225 - 07/21/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Good point, Workman can probably help you out. He was supposed to take a look at my new species but I never got around to shipping it out :x

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: nycomyco]
    #4435991 - 07/22/05 12:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nycomyco said:
what is it with georgia? A little tryptamine oasis south of the appalachians. Lucky!

Yes we all feel very blessed down here. I was jealous of the Pacific Northwest for a while, then i realized that the diversity of active species in Georgia nearly rivals that of Washington/Oregon.
In fact, i just found a new Psilocybe caerulipes patch today. And last fall, i found 2 new strains of cubensis (i can go into detail if anyone is intersted, i have a print of the strain i like to call "Big Woody").

Like everyone else said, have a [credible] mycologist check out that shroom.

EDIT: I take back my comment about Georgia rivaling the Pacific northwest.

Edited by Lysergic_Milkman (07/22/05 10:31 AM)

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4436157 - 07/22/05 01:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

what about gartz?

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4436207 - 07/22/05 01:45 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

caerulipes

Sweet! Can you give me some small information such as where you found them(woods, growing on the ground or wood, etc) and also maybe a pic? I think those are really rare.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Psilocybe Atlantis? Or a new species? [Re: flowstone]
    #4437091 - 07/22/05 08:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not rare, but very elusive. Ive been going to this spot for a year now hunting edibles (oysters mainly, its on someone elses property) and just yesterday noticed the little Psilocybes popping out from under some ground cover. Theyre quite common once you find them, but very localized.

Ill PM you Flowstone, im going back to my patch today to take pictures and gather some more.  :crazy2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification