Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemoog
Stranger

lol Fox News
    #4408599 - 07/15/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I just sat through part of a Fox News broadcast. It was the first time I ever saw it and I've heard people talk about how ridiculous Fox News is, but now I know firsthand.

One of their "top stories" was the opinion of a US Army commander in Iraq. This guy was saying how he sees, without a doubt, a connection between the insurgents in Iraq and the bombings in London, because the "mindset of those types of people" are the same (whatever that means...). He was stating the suspicion of Muslim extremists in the London bombings as fact to "prove" this. Then he goes on to talk about the incident with the children killed in Iraq the other day and says that without a doubt he sees Al Qaeda and Bin Laden connected to the insurgents and these types of incidents. He then goes on to connect Al Qaeda, the Iraq resistance, and the London bombings all in one sentence summarizing Al Qaeda and Muslim extremists as the "most ruthless enemy this country has faced." The news anchor was then stressing afterwards how we now have proof that the London bombings, the Iraq resistance, and Al Qaeda are "all connected."

So basically, this guy's opinion, without any facts to back it up, was reported as news. I've never heard of a news program with such a blatant agenda before. Who the hell takes this crap seriously?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: lol Fox News [Re: moog]
    #4408635 - 07/15/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Our soldiers shouldn't be giving TV-interviews speaking about their thoughts on politics or the war. They should be killing people. Maybe a tally of the dead bodies for a few seconds wouldn't be too much to ask.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4408640 - 07/15/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, saying that there's a connection between the ideologies is quite fair... but it ain't no top story.

One thing that really weirds me out is that the anchors all make editorial comments, it kind of makes it feel like there isn't any attempt at journalistic integrity.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #4408660 - 07/15/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

We get Fox News  :cheer: its part of News International so we got it with the satellite service here. Most people I know regard it as an entertainment channel rather than a news channel. Pretty poor one at that.
Also I think we get a lot cut out, or is the US version also made up of weather from around the world for about 25% of its content?

Fox News is even more funny, if you have watched any of Chris Morris's 'Day Today' or 'Brass Eye', you can't take any of that drama news media shit seriously.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4408900 - 07/15/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Did you see on Fox News' White House Wendell Goler reported tonight that Congressional Democrats have inquired with the Library of Congress whether administration officials like Karl Rove can be impeached.

This was reported with a straight face by Goler......

LOL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahhaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahhaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OMG
These stupid ass people were once in charge of our nation!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: lol Fox News [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4409117 - 07/15/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The top story on CNN the day of the election was how Bush photoshopped in a few extra soldiers in a photo of a crowd he was speaking in, in order to take one alst crack at Bush before the election. We've obviously got enough liberal media out there. It's only fair to have hard right wing media outlet too... balances shit out.

i hate fox news. but i think o'reilly is amusing.... i'll watch his show. other than that fox news blows

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: lol Fox News [Re: BrAiN]
    #4430263 - 07/20/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Fox News will talk to you more about Tom Cruise than they will the war in Iraq. I'm surprised they had on an Army official.

They had that homophobic nutbag Rick Santorum on the O'Reilly Factor yesterday, talking about how liberalism incited the reaction of the pedophile priests because liberalism promotes promiscuoity and sexual exploitation or some other horseshit. Which is a disgusting tool to use to promote your own political idealog.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: lol Fox News [Re: BrAiN]
    #4430428 - 07/20/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I love watching the O'Reilly factor. That guy is such a jackass, it's unbelievable.

OfflineNeurospeak
Stranger
Re: lol Fox News [Re: Redstorm]
    #4430926 - 07/20/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well luckily i dont get fox news, but then there is always cspan..

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: lol Fox News [Re: Redstorm]
    #4430959 - 07/20/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I love watching the O'Reilly factor. That guy is such a jackass, it's unbelievable.

He used to actually have a brain in his head a few years back. He is now a repetitive Right-Wing hack.

OfflineBCBudJohn
Foolhardy

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: lol Fox News [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4431028 - 07/20/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

But such drama..

--------------------
Peace
John

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck