Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

First Grow Ever (Pics)
    #4428095 - 07/20/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It was late May when I first became interested in growing mushrooms. I stumbled across this site and saw how feasible it could be. After reading posts and FAQs for hours each day I got all the supplies I needed and set up my operation.

Since it was my first attempt ever at growing I thought I would go ahead with the PF Tek. But after I continued to read more about bulk and casings, I decided to spawn to horse poo then case with 50/50+. Perhaps I should have started small... but why?

So now its in the middle of July I have just got my first harvest. There was some unfortunate circumstances I had to work around, so things were far from ideal. I was rushed and had to start fruiting one of my tubs without a casing layer, but this didn't turn out so bad in the end anyways.

Here's a quick description of my setup. Its a large Mono-Tub with two smaller tubs in it. The smaller tubs are 11x13 with 4" of substrate. There is a total of 10 one inch holes in it, 5 on top, 5 on bottom. I use a fan that's on half the day that blowing air around the room. Inside the largest tub, I installed an 18" fluro light that's on 12/12. The strain is South American from Spores101.

And now the pictures:

These are the tubs I used. They are covered with foil for the spawning phase. They were kept like this for almost 2 weeks.

As you can see, the one that grew all the shrooms was uncased. After my spawn run I noticed pins starting to form, so instead of picking them I just decided to leave it be and let it grow the way it was. These little shroomies grew fast after they started to pin. I could see a difference within hours of checking up on them. It has a shitty pin-set because it started with out me knowing about it, so I couldn't patch or anything.

This is a happy little cluster. None of these shrooms grew to become monsters by any means. I was hoping for some really large ones but the biggest on here came out be 4.5 inches. Not bad though. I really like how these look.

After I pulled these and the other shrooms off I weighed them in at 16.25 ounces wet. This was far more then I was expecting. I am currently drying them with fanning and using Damp Rid, so I don't know the dry weight, I'm thinking around an ounce and a half.

This was my first attempt ever at growing, and even though it was far from ideal, I still made out pretty well. Not one case of contams, no other major issues, the whole process was slow because of some moisture issues and spawn to substrate ratios.

The other casing is pinning and is looking pretty good. After I picked this non-cased casing, I put a thin layer of casing over it. It has myc poking through the valleys and low spots so I just started fruiting them both. In a few weeks I suspect even more then this harvest.

A big Thank You has to go out to Wronguy, for his awesome double tub pictorial and responses, and Roadkill, for his kick ass poo tek and all the other help he's always willing to give... And of course, all other shroomery regulars and this amazing site.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: First Grow Ever (Pics) [Re: Gatorade]
    #4428118 - 07/20/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow shit man, spectacular for your first grow! Will be over an oz dry, not bad at all for your first time.

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Loc: east coast
    #4428145 - 07/20/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

nice job, i'm on my first attempt but i'm using verm casing. i plan on doing the poo tek with my remaining 12 jars tho, seems to be THE way to go :thumbup: looks like you're gonna get some sweet results

--------------------

"..the thing is, people are getting hurt and the one thing the meteor shower didn't grace this town with was a superhero. So, in his absense, you're left with me. One girl, on a mission, determined to leave no rock - especially those from outerspace - unturned. My name is Chloe Sullivan, and I'm here to bring you the truth."

Offlinehotshotaj
Stranger
Re: First Grow Ever (Pics) [Re: diabla]
    #4428173 - 07/20/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Great job. I hope my first batch goes that good. Where can i find the poo tek? is it better then using the verm?

InvisibleBoondock
Afoot andlight-hearted
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: First Grow Ever (Pics) [Re: hotshotaj]
    #4428216 - 07/20/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a few weeks behind you--timeframe wise. I choose to do the same thing with regards to the cake versus spawning to manure.

outstanding work and thanks for the pics--it gives me something to look forward to, with my grow.

--------------------
Look within.
Be still.
Free from fear and attachment
know the sweet joy of the way.
Buddha

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow Ever (Pics) [Re: hotshotaj]
    #4428222 - 07/20/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not better,lol, different.

Poo is a bulk substrate, verm. is a casing component.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Re: First Grow Ever (Pics) [Re: HippieChick]
    #4429186 - 07/20/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm surprised this worked out well considering how I had no control over the pinset.

Its been 2 days since I picked them and I see more pins coming in every day. The second casing has a monster on it that I'm going to pick and test out the potency with.

More pictures are sure to come with more flushes.

--------------------

OfflineKorado
Resin King
    #4429263 - 07/20/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Looks sweet dude. Right now my friend's uncle is halfway through the grow. Right now 3 of the 12 cakes are in the fruiting chamber and I see mini-mushies(pins) forming. Cant wait till they shoot up. Also i wonder how come I cant post in grow log section?

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4429991 - 07/20/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Looks great man :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck