Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJEDI
Stranger
why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics?
    #4428576 - 07/20/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just curious why people get freaked out about salvia. ive read everything about it but still dont understand why people prefer other psychedelics over salvia? i need peoples opinion before i take some for my first time. this may have been posted before but i cant find anything about it. just tell me what your opinion about my question is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: JEDI]
    #4428591 - 07/20/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Its a hallucinogenic dissociative drug, not really a psychedelic.

Its onset is very fast, within 30 seconds, and its just really weird & intense. The experience is, as with most drugs, ineffable.

I think most people are prefer other types because they don't initially come on so strong.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: dante]
    #4428637 - 07/20/05 01:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so what your saying is its basically a short peak, then it ends? or it just speeds to the point of a trip in a matter of seconds then ends after a short time? is that why its preferred less cause its a fast speedy trip and not long and hourly?

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
    #4428681 - 07/20/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You said you read everything about it?

Doesn't look like you've read enough to know even the basics.

--------------------
Every chance that you get, is a chance you seize.

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: Dicer]
    #4428720 - 07/20/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

From my experience, people dont like it because it actually takes a little bit of smoking skill to get the effects. also, many of the trips are very anxiety stricken. I like it personally, its one of my favorites and always will be. Id highly recomend getting into it and getting ur friends into it, we have to spread it while its still legal.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: TheHook]
    #4428732 - 07/20/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ive read about it and know about it but im just clearing up what he said which is something ive already read about salvia

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#4428813 - 07/20/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

IMO people are turned off by the lack of euphoric effects.

The effect kind of just..."is".

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: badchad]
    #4428832 - 07/20/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have read that some of the afterglow effects are amazing and worth while.

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: BurnOneDown]
    #4428903 - 07/20/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BurnOneDown said:

what are these afterglow effects you speak of?

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
    #4428985 - 07/20/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sure there are many who would love to be on LSD 24/7.  I'm also sure there are very few who would want the same with salvia.  Salvia is one of those drugs that are for rare occasions.  Time and setting are key for a good trip.  The one time I fooled around with it was a failure.  Maybe I wasn't prepared or maybe I just didn't know what I was doing.  :shrug:  I have yet to experience it because I am waiting for the right time and place to do it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #4429719 - 07/20/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Salvia is for.....trip conissuers... definatly not for the average person. It's not a gentle substance if you're inexperienced or just trying to get fucked up... it'll hit you harder than you wanted. I struggled to put down the pipe as I forgot absolutely everything.

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #4429860 - 07/20/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Q. What is the salvia afterglow?

A. There are two kinds of afterglow effects: immediate and persisting. The immediate afterglow probably is due to the residual pharmacological effects of salvinorin A (some of which is presumably still present in the body for about an hour or longer after the primary effects have subsided). This immediate afterglow is often described as a vague sense of peaceful euphoria lasting an hour (or a bit longer) after the obvious intoxication has worn off.

What is more interesting is that a surprisingly large proportion of salvia users report a second type of afterglow, the persisting type. It typically involves mood elevation, an overall sense of well being, and often a fresh outlook on life which can linger for several days (or longer) after the experience. This phenomenon seems to be quite common. For example, in a small online poll every one of the eleven poll respondents reported experiencing an afterglow. Three people reported it lasted one day or less (this probably represented the immediate type of afterglow discussed above). But six reported mood elevation lasting between one and three days. And two respondents reported mood elevation lasting beyond three days.

Differing hypotheses have been advanced to account for the persisting type of afterglow. It may represent a phase in which the person is psychologically integrating the experience. Alternatively it may have an as yet unknown neuropharmacological explanation. Those who think of the salvia experience in religious, spiritual, or mystical terms may speak of such things as enlightenment, satori, and "cleansing the doors of perception." Psychological, physical and spiritual explanations are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

In a published case report a clinically significant antidepressant effect of low dose salvia (chewed and held in the mouth) was reported for a single patient. The patient intentionally used the afterglow phenomenon for self treatment. Although we are aware of a few other anecdotal reports suggesting that salvia may be useful to some depressed people, at this time no claim can be made that salvia is a generally safe and effective treatment for people who are clinically depressed. Perhaps mental health professionals ought to systematically investigate this question.

Taken from Sage Wisdom

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

OfflineDeviate
    #4430466 - 07/20/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

its very scary and its not sensual like other psychedelics, more dissociative. the visuals aren't as beautiful but just alien, it doesn't seem to produce the same kind of effect as traditional psychedelics. i think its another class of drug with much different (although sometimes similar) effects.

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #4430549 - 07/20/05 09:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

obviously you remembered life when you got back to reality right? if the trip is only a few minutes then i dont see why it is a big deal. what scares me the most is the severe time distortion part, like a minute could seem like eternity. i wouldnt want my mind to be stuck in the unknown for eternity.

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #4431033 - 07/20/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BurnOneDown said:

I don't mean to disparage research. The proof however, is in the pudding. If you have never tasted chocolate, no matter how detailed another's description of it is, how can you really KNOW what chocolate tastes like? I'm a freak: I eat baker's chocolate straight up. What I find complex, others find bitter and repulsive.

Harvey said "Salvia is for.....trip connoisseurs... defiantly not for the average person." I couldn't agree more. I'm not implying some sort of elitism here, but this is not Hershey's milk chocolate, to refer back to the previous metaphor. Salvia has much to offer, but many might not like the taste.

--------------------
\m/

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4431071 - 07/20/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think that afterglow stuff is garbage placebo. Salvia is a really weird drug. When doing it you are pulled deep into something very strange for a few minutes then you basically come out wondering what the hell just happened. I think this is why it isn't popular. Also it is fairly difficult to trip of plain leaves and when you do trip it is very weird.

Personally I enjoy it, but it is not something I would pay money for if it was any more expensive than it is.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4431141 - 07/20/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Its tactile sensations and wild put you in different world isnt really for me. I didnt like the way it made me feel. It was very powerful but not as warm.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: baraka]
    #4431183 - 07/20/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It is VERY powerful, it can put you down on the couch and you cant get up cause its pulling you down or twisting your body or seperating it to where it goes. You can lose all control of your body and leave this conciousness.

I agree that it is for trip connoisseurs and not for the average person.

The afterglow effects are great, not placebo, thats like saying the afterglow from tripping is a placebo. Afterglow refers to the mindset and visual floaty state it puts you in, the drug hasnt worn off, just the peak.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineDeviate
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4431619 - 07/21/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

when i did a full dose i had an incredibly powerful experience in which i forgot everything i ever knew, i forgot i was a human, i forgot humans even existed and i learned that basically everything i thought i knew was wrong. however i didn't manage to grasp any truth from it so i got returned to reality knowing that everything i knew was wrong but not having anything to replace it with. so i had to go back to my old wrong ways of thinking. i seem to have recovered just fine and basically forgotten about it but its kind of unsettling to know that my entire worldview is wrong but still thinking and behaving as if it were true. oh well, i'll realize enlightenment someday.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: Deviate]
    #4432057 - 07/21/05 03:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

deviate
your remarks are poignant

------------------------

the dose, people's succeptibility and the brief effects vary so much, that it can't be introduced as a form of drug-u-tainment; it not conveniently recreational - not good for parties.

still it is a fine thing for turning the world on edge, layering it together and smearing the edges - for a richer view of what is missing.

historically it was for finding lost things. (some things you find and can't bring back)

people who are just looking for fun, find that that is not what salvia is about.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order