Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSoulJah
the myans, where did they go?
    #441279 - 10/29/01 09:35 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I was just thinking about the myans. I remember learning that from what we can tell they just all of the sudden dissapeared so to speak. No writings of a war or a mass movement or anything. They just were gone. So im wondering if anyone has any theories on this? Or Shroomism, if you happen to know what exactly happened to them? Did they evolve or something?

just a thaught
souljah

--------------------
Although one may be fly, one doesnt necessarly need to have wings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: SoulJah]
    #441678 - 10/30/01 09:18 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Like many civilizations which seemingly vanished into thin air, the Mayans disappeared as a result of the regular passing of the 12th planet, a previous pole shift. At the same time Atlantis sunk under the sea killing its population of 10 million, Mayan civilization was broken apart by volcanic activity, tidal flooding, and shifting of the plates, which in some cases raised the Mayan cities thousands of feet above sea level. All standard physical changes as a result of the 12th planet's presence.
Pertaining to your last question... many of them did evolve, but for many that Mayan lifetime was just one path of seven experiences to ascend. In order to ascend, a being must have balanced his or her inner male and female energies and surrender into Divine Oneness with All That Is. Those who chose or were chosen for, the third Lemurian path of seven ascensions prior to leaving Earth would do so in seven of the following cultures and spiritual paths: Lemuria, Atlantis, Egypt, Maya, Inca, Aztec, Machu Picchu, aboriginal Australia, India, Goddess/druid groups in Europe and England, Buddhism, Christ-consciousness, Bali, and other smaller indigenous spiritual communities around the world such as Hopi, other Native American, African and South and Central American tribes.

By the Year 2013, everyone who remains on Earth must have an understanding of the following four evolutionary principles:
1. Our purpose here is to evolve physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
2. Every human being is a Divine Essence made of Light and love whose nature is goodness.
3. Free will is an absolute universal right; impeccability calls on the self to surrender its free will to Divine Will in faith and trust.
4. All of natural existence is sacred beyond how it serves or meets the needs of the individual self.
Every human alive right now is being presented with these four spiritual premises in subtle or direct ways.

The seven solar ring karmic patterns, which are currently being overly exaggerated in order to be brought into awareness and transformed are: arrogance, prejudice, hatred, violence, victimhood, and shame. These seven sources of pain, illusion, and seperation are given in the order in which they developed in our solar ring beginning on Venus and expanding on Mars, Maldek, and now Earth.
What did the last two paragraphs have to do with your question? Everything

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: ]
    #441722 - 10/30/01 10:24 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Shroomism,
I find what you write very close to my own beliefs...I would be interested to know what your opinion is, on what happened to the inhabitants of Atlantis. It is my understanding that Dolphins have something to do with this...I will write more once I hear your view...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: Rono]
    #442296 - 10/30/01 06:33 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Atlantis was completely submerged under the ocean after a pole shift. It can be found under the area known as the "Bermuda Triangle".
Dolphins have much to do with Atlantis, as do Merpeople and Fairies. The dolphins (who cam from Sirius) Were great friends to the Atlantians and taught them as well as showed them how to enjoy the love of life.

InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
    #442635 - 10/30/01 11:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

are you kidding?
As far as what anthropologist know the Mayan Civilization declined and eventually disappeared for unknown reasons. This is not an ultra rare event in humanity, especially considering the lack of knowledge we have about many peoples of the Americas. One prominant theory is that they destroyed thier enviornment, rapid deforestation, erosion, agricultural failure, inability to sustain the massive populations of city states like Copan and Tikal.
As for what Shroomism said? i don't know where on earth thats coming from. Are you all discussing Foklore, Myths, or something, because the historical and archeological record holds no evidence for the existance of Atlantis, and dolphins? wha?
I hope you do not seriously believe this is even an entertianable view or reality, but who am i to preach?

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
    #442696 - 10/31/01 01:03 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The Spanish had something to do with it as well...

Smallpox laced blankets anyone?

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: Felstorm]
    #442749 - 10/31/01 01:53 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

They had a thriving culture before 1500AD and were the only fully literate Native American people. The Spanish came in with as much cultural force as Wal-Mart and the Shopping-Mall and destroyed their culture killing all those who refused to flagelate themselves and worship the Virgin Mary.

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
    #442754 - 10/31/01 02:02 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

>>The seven solar ring karmic patterns, which are currently being overly exaggerated in order to be brought into awareness and transformed are: arrogance, prejudice, hatred, violence, victimhood, and shame.

what's the seventh..?

--------------------
---

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: Axiom420]
    #442785 - 10/31/01 03:10 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

apparently the mayans were already long gone by the time the spanish arrived. they're not the only south american civilisation to have vanished though, the city of teotihuacan was a distinct culture of which there is no longer any trace besides the ruins, like so many south american cultures we do not know what they called themselves, what language they spoke what they knew what they believed in what kind of music they made where they came from or where they went. the city-states of south america were certainly often at war with each other so maybe states were destroyed iin great battles? maybe they abandoned the cities after wars or something....but then the signs of battle would show in the ruins, dead warriors skeletons and stuff which I don't think has been the case. anyway whatever histories might have been kept by the mayans the spanish very cleverly burned. i think there are a couple of pages of some sort of calendar left around somewhere, there's a picture of them in my encyclopedia anyway.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: Traveller]
    #442853 - 10/31/01 06:50 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

"meso-american"

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisibletriptor

Loc: Confussion
Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: gnrm23]
    #442863 - 10/31/01 07:17 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thats right long gone before the Spanish invasion. SCREW CORTEZ!!! You guys are thinking of the Aztecs now there is a story of greedy guys with guns killing thousands of people a day. In one battle the Spanish were to tired to keep hacking the Aztecs up so they quit and returned later. Imagine killing 4000 plus and losing none of your own. Then they blow all of the gold building the Armada which the British destroyed without losing a single ship. Paybacks are hell.

--------------------
Zippity freakin doo dah

Anonymous

Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: Lenore]
    #442872 - 10/31/01 07:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

are you kidding?
As far as what anthropologist know the Mayan Civilization declined and eventually disappeared for unknown reasons.

Ooh how mysterious!

In reply to:

Are you all discussing Foklore, Myths, or something, because the historical and archeological record holds no evidence for the existance of Atlantis, and dolphins? wha?

I'm discussing history. Not the kind you find in school where things are left out and generally changed around to suit the perspective they want you to take. True history, as it was.
As for my final thought, dolphins are aliens from Sirius, and Atlantis is under Bermuda Triangle.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#443061 - 10/31/01 11:12 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I read somewhere that the Atlanteans were very advanced in the arts of transplanting body parts...even the Brain...and could theoretically live forever by these means. And also that some actually "evolved" into Dolphins before the great cataclysm...it is said that that if we could decipher the Dolphin language that we could discover the lost secrets of Atlantis. Man are Guardians of the land and the Dolphins are man's counterpart, the guardians of the sea. They are just as intelligent as us. (maybe even more so, considering they don't war with eachother or destroy their own environment) and that the Dolphins language is closer to the council of nines language. I suggest reading "Earth: the only planet of choice" it's a very interesting read if you keep an open mind.

--------------------

OfflineThe AntiChrist
enthusiast

Loc: Holland
    #443083 - 10/31/01 11:33 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I shall repeat the question of Amoeba665 couse I was wondering the same: what is the seventh solar ring karmic pattern? besides arrogance, prejudice, hatred, violence, victimhood, and shame.
You forgot one.

--------------------
the lightswitch on the wrong side

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: SoulJah]
    #443161 - 10/31/01 01:00 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

listen there is very little information regarding the mayans. serious archeology on their culture has only been going on since the sixties. there is one comprehensive text on the subject "the world of the ancient maya" by john s. henderson. he brings together the best research done on the mayans.

they didn't "mysteriously" disappear. don't pull shit like that out of your but. they weren't gone before the spanish, and aren't gone today, the mayan people still exist, their previously sophisticated culture doesn't, the spanish effectively destroyed it.

reread my last post.

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

OfflineThe AntiChrist
enthusiast

Loc: Holland
Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: Axiom420]
    #443185 - 10/31/01 01:21 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

nopes, the spanics destroyed the asthecs (sp)
the asthecs (sp) destroyed the mayas (they told me in history class)

--------------------
the lightswitch on the wrong side

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: The AntiChrist]
    #443218 - 10/31/01 01:57 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

aztecs
~~~
olmec
maya
mixatec
toltec
~~~
& what about quetzalcoatl, huh?
~~~
even so, if "native" americans crossed over the bering land bridge from asia ~ 13,000 y.a., they spread pretty far & wide over 2 continents, (& incidentally fairly well decimated the larger fauna of north america in the space of a very few centuries) and diversified into an incredibly variety of cultures...
of course, IF they were one of many waves of various alien starfaring races, that's a whole 'nother story... but most people willing to examine the genetic record (and geological...) tend to believe that the life forms on this planet originated here on this planet... no need for mysterious alien visitors from other star systems, or wandering anti-ecliptic planets (shades of immanuel velikovsky!), or travellers form other planes or dimensions... of course, ymmv...
then again, if one accepts that beings pretty much human arose 500,000 to 3,000,000 y.a. either in africa or asia (or both...) --- well, a whole lot can happen in a million years or so...
shucks, a lot of folks in the usa can't agree what happened on nov 22, 1963, and much of that was caught on film !!!
ummm, i always find myself amazed at the variety of things that people are able to believe... what a world, what a world...
strange daze...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (10/31/01 05:46 PM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: gnrm23]
    #443225 - 10/31/01 02:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

quetzalcoatl was Aztec I beleive..and he was considered a god.

I'm pretty sure the Mayans were long gone before the Spanish arrived...The Spanish were responsible for wiping out the Aztecs and the Incas. But if memory serves me correctly the Spanish were the ones that discovered the Mayan ruins.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (10/31/01 04:35 PM)

Anonymous

Re: the myans, where did they go? [Re: The AntiChrist]
    #443368 - 10/31/01 04:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

I shall repeat the question of Amoeba665 couse I was wondering the same: what is the seventh solar ring karmic pattern? besides arrogance, prejudice, hatred, violence, victimhood, and shame.
You forgot one.

Whoops...sorry... Addiction

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

#443444 - 10/31/01 05:43 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The Nahuatl, Aztec, Olmecs, and Toltecs all had a diety/hero figure named Quetzalcoatl. So did the Mayans.

Modern day Mayan descendants occupy large areas of Guatemala and eastern Mexico. They still grow up speaking Mayan languages. I happen to personally know a Mayan, his name is Mark, he is like 4 and a half feel tall and is funny as hell.

The Mayans didn't dissapear!

Don't trust history teachers, even at the college level, they usually don't have a clue.

Don't trust encyclopedias. Read an artical in one in a subject area in which you happen to be an expert. Encyclopedias are generally useless in matters of history.

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom