Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: Deviate]
    #4432221 - 07/21/05 06:43 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Same case here, during and after a strong trip(not Salvia) i discovered that everything i knew was completely wrong and the things i was doing and thinking about, completely stupid
Only difference is that i forgot all about it,and kept living in the same thoughts untill i read your post

For some reason it seems very hard to remember the important part of trips...

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: JEDI]
    #4432341 - 07/21/05 07:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

1. Salvia is definitely an hallucinogen, but should probably not be labeled as a 'psychedelic'.
2. Its usage has unknown health consequences, even though so far so good (this is not as reassuring as it sounds, many disasterous historical examples can be cited).
3. For many, the experience vacillates between feeling nothing (beyond a slight feeling of weirdness) and being completely overwhelmed.
4. For many, the experience is consistently between unpleasant and hellish (not for me, though).
5. It's legal (though some may argue legal status should have the opposite effect).

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: stvip]
    #4435957 - 07/21/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

salvia is just weird as shit, its weird and powerful and i find it hard to get anything out of it. i think thats why its not that popular.

--------------------
:goose:

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: Dimmy]
    #4436041 - 07/21/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

today was my first time smoking salvia. i smoked 3 whole bowls of the leaf extract and i didnt feel anything but a body high. once again i am dissapointed at my second attempt at trying to enter the unknown. first time was with san pedro mescaline. i just dont know why i cant break through.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4436172 - 07/21/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I cant figure out why people cant either...anyone whos come over and tried it just how I showed them and made them, have always broken through, on leaves or extract, and only one hit. You GOT to HOLD the lighter on AFTER its already burning...then keep the lighter on the whole rip...in a bong, and take it for 30 seconds. Should be no reason if your burning it enough, unless you just dont have quality leaves.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #4444764 - 07/23/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JEDI said:
i just dont know why i cant break through.

Everyone is different. As has been said in other threads, salvia seems to have a reverse tolerance. In other words, the more you partake of salvia, the more potent its effects upon you.

Be patient. With salvia, persistence is a virtue.

--------------------
\m/

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4445403 - 07/24/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow after reading these posts I want to give salvia another try.  I had it down to be one of those head shop rip off substances.  It appears maybe Im not doing it right. :shrug: Ive smoked it maybe 3 or 4 times and I barely noticed any effects.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4445681 - 07/24/05 02:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The correct way to do Salvia is to get a cutting, grow it out, and chew the fresh leaves.

I don't understand why everybody tries to smoke it like crack or something.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4446214 - 07/24/05 08:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i agree salvia isnt for everyone you have to love getting a total mind fuck to like salvia.. ive taken a bong rip and with my eyes open and the lights on, reality melted away and i was taken to a diffrent place.. i love salvia and i recomend everyone try it once, and dont judge savia on smoking leaf.. leaf is good for once your already "up" on salvia thats about it.. and most important HAVE A SITTER if its your first time or you plan on doing heavy doses of it.

ive tried making a quib and chewing it.. just tasted realy funky and didnt get jack off it..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4446216 - 07/24/05 08:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

why would that be "the correct way"?
the cuaranderos only showed salvia quids to gringo "scientists" in the 1960's - why would they reveal their secret methods (incl smoking) to outsiders?

maybe they did not know of the original smoking methods either due to separation from their ancestral society after the invasion of mexico by the spaniards 400 yrs prior.

anyway you can't believe everything people tell you, especially if they don't have any reason to fundamentally trust you and you are interested in their private gems of information.

meantime, records do show that pipiltzintzintli (salvia) was smoked at the time of cortez, i.e. during the first invasion of mexico by westerners

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
    #4446392 - 07/24/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
The correct way to do Salvia is to get a cutting, grow it out, and chew the fresh leaves.

I don't understand why everybody tries to smoke it like crack or something.

Lol. Crack...Or maybe like weed. Yeah that sounds a little nicer. Do people really put salvia in crack pipes!? Anyways...

I plan on getting some this Monday. Ill try chewing the leaves and Im going to smoke it out of a bong. What is the strongest salvia that is sold? Should I be picky about brands? Im prepared to spend some money. I really want it to work this time.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4446583 - 07/24/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just think it's stupid is all. Chewing is a better methiod, especially for beginners.

It being sold in concentrated powder form is what is going to get it made illegal.

If they made dried leaves and extracts illegal, but allowed the sale and posession of the live plant, that would be fine with me.

I think that would be a good law.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
    #4446657 - 07/24/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

meantime, records do show that pipiltzintzintli (salvia) was smoked at the time of cortez, i.e. during the first invasion of mexico by westerners

It's only a conjecture that pipiltzintzintli is salvia. One of the most compelling evidence against that notion is that salvia is refered to by natives by Christian-related names, rather than traditional nahuatl. Gordon Wasson himself phrased the conjecture tentatively and cautiously. Hence, another reason to be leery of salvia's safety in general, and smoking in particular. Smoking adds two major health concerns: carcinogenicity, or other lung-related detrimental effects, of salvia smoke and vaporized salvinorin, and the dramatically altered pharmacokinetics.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4450490 - 07/25/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

personally I find it really really unlikely that a culture that burns herbs regularly and that uses entheogens regularly would abstain from burning this one in favor of the much more wasteful and difficult route of oral adminsitration (which requires 50 times as much material) except in the case of treating "stone of belly" - also closed societies yield their secrets very very slowly to visitors, even visitors with college degrees.

--------------------

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4450536 - 07/25/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I agree it is unlikely that smoking salvia was never attempted. But bear in mind that wastefulness was probably not an issue for a plant that grows natively, and which doesn't require much material even for the far less efficient oral route, so that probably wasn't a major factor in deciding in favor of the oral ingestion.
As a side note, that 'stone belly' thing is interesting - these days, KOR agonists are being tested for treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (positive physical results, but people, like animals, found KOR agonists aversive).
As for yielding secrets - who knows? Indeed, Maria Sabina was apparently punished for revealing their sacred practices to outsiders (her hut was trashed), but then, why would the smoking technique specifically be withheld?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4450562 - 07/25/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

after my daughter's appendix operation, she had too much nausea, nothing appeased her
I gave her some salvia divinorum tea (she only drank a bit - 1/4 of the cup) - the whole family was astonished at her nearly instantaneous mood improvement and she declared that the nausea stopped, temporarily. (this daughter uses no psychedellics or inebrients except alcohol for 4 years)

my other daughter had nausea for another reason (?) and I gave her 1 leaf to chew, and she complained that it caused some strobing and did not help her stomache. this daughter does use MJ from time to time.

both did not prefer to use any salvia products again.

but I mention this to correlate "stone in belly" which was part of the pharmacognoscy of pilpiltzintzintli which is consistent with salvia divinorm...

--------------------

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#4450798 - 07/25/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

JUST TRY IT.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: TYL3R]
    #4458078 - 07/26/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JEDI said:
obviously you remembered life when you got back to reality right? if the trip is only a few minutes then i dont see why it is a big deal. what scares me the most is the severe time distortion part, like a minute could seem like eternity. i wouldnt want my mind to be stuck in the unknown for eternity.

being in the unkown for eternity is what you WANT actually.... once you categorize the unkown as "Known" and see your fractured ego (or whatever it is you start tripping to) is when it gets scary.... and that scariness feels like it may go on forever if you don't immediately run away from it.

That was my experience, anyway.... some will disagree but I think it induces dreamstates (without paralysis) ... it sends you into nothingness so immediately you don't register that you don't exist, and then when you do, the trip starts.

i don't really think you actually need a bong though, if you take a pipe with a carb that hits well and has a decent chamber... i think all you'd need to do is plug the carb while really ripping it hard with constant flame application... and then unplug the carb and take a big hit to finish it off.

hold until you feel somewhat odd, or if you don't, smoke another bowl real quick.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: leery11]
    #4458212 - 07/27/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've done it a few times and as far as my personal opinion goes, this is a fairly intense drug. My first time I felt like i was a brick that had a rotating gear as a head, such as a robot. I also had two sensors with ehich I could sense incredible lows and highs of sound= ears. Thus i concluded i was a robot with ears. The second time i did it I felt like someone grabbed me and shook the life out of me for. My third time it did not work. Good luck, I would not use it as a social drug.

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: why is salvia preffered less over other psychedelics? [Re: newmodel]
    #4458317 - 07/27/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The last couple times I did sally-d I was sweating profusely. It was never like the first time I did it however, which was the best experience. I felt like I was the "corner" of the wall, I was late for something and something was "pulling" me to the right.....

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder