Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Tips and Suggestions?
    #4428507 - 07/20/05 03:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, so first off I am extremely excited and here's why: my friend managed to obtain two hits of acid. Here is some of the background we have with tripping:

-We have only tried mushrooms thus far. We've tripped together on three accounts. All three times were at his house. All three times he started out with a really good trip but freaked out near the come down. I had good trips all three times and only freaked out once, but I feel it was a learning experience and not anything negative.

-I also have tripped once by myself. That was one of the greatest times of my life (Trip Report is titled "What about hands?"). Overall a very good/positive experience.

But that's all. We have never tried acid before. That's why I am turning to you all for advice. It helped with the shrooms and I'm sure it'll help again.

The first thing I wanted to ask about is the strength. The person we got this from said they were tripping for around fifteen hours. Is that possible? I thought trips only lasted around 8-12 hours. Could someone shed some light on how strong acid can potentially be? Thanks.

And a few more questions concerning the experience:

-Is there just as much to be concerned about when tripping acid as there is when tripping shrooms? How much do we need to prepare for this?

-Some current ideas are tripping at a remote location with a sitter, or tripping at a party where some pretty good friends will be tripping shrooms. Are these bad ideas? Any suggestions in this department are more than welcome.

-Is it safe for my friend to trip after what's happened on mushrooms? I figure they affect different parts of the brain, so perhaps he'll be okay? Or should he not do it? He does have some stress and anxiety. I think that might have played a part in his shroom trips.

-We'll probably have a little herb on hand. Does pot go as well with acid as it does mushrooms?

-Does acid affect/cause hunger in any way?

-Are insights as prevelant on acid as they are on shrooms?

-I assume music is equally as beautiful. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'll probably have more questions, but I've probably wasted enough of your time already.  :stoned:

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I want this to be the best experience possible. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Tips and Suggestions? [Re: Bonez420]
    #4428890 - 07/20/05 05:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone?

OfflineaNewPerception
candy eater
    #4429129 - 07/20/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well ive tripped on shrooms many times before, and acid once. the acid i took lasted about 8 hours on 3 hits. with acid, i think its much easier to control than shrooms, which sometimes fucks with ur head. it feels like im more in control with the acid. weed is supposed to bring back the effects of acid on the comedown, but the trip for me lasted too long and i couldnt sleep for hours even after the trip was over. u should smoke on the comeup if anything.

yes u can get insights on acid too. with shrooms sometimes theres that mind loop that did not occur to me while on acid. it was much clearer and clean.

music is fucking amazing on acid.. fractal visuals that warp according to the sounds. i saw the ripples on the walls and stuff.. pretty cool

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4429208 - 07/20/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bonez420 said:
The first thing I wanted to ask about is the strength. The person we got this from said they were tripping for around fifteen hours. Is that possible? I thought trips only lasted around 8-12 hours. Could someone shed some light on how strong acid can potentially be? Thanks.

yes its quite possible to have trip effects well beyond 15 hours. you'll have come down by 8-12 hours, but there will be lingering effects for longer, although you might not notice them. i've had visuals 20+ hours after a trip, but i think i am prone to a HPPD type things.

does your dealer mean one hit will make you trip for 15 hours? that's pretty decent acid if he does.

but proper psychedelic effects won't really last beyond 12 hours. by 12 hours you'll probably just be tired.

Quote:

Is there just as much to be concerned about when tripping acid as there is when tripping shrooms? How much do we need to prepare for this?

i find that less preparation is need for acid than shrooms, but i'd say prepare as you would for a shroom trip.

Quote:

Some current ideas are tripping at a remote location with a sitter, or tripping at a party where some pretty good friends will be tripping shrooms. Are these bad ideas? Any suggestions in this department are more than welcome.

the first idea is very good if its one of your first few trips, especially if the sitter is experienced. parties can be fun on acid but i wouldn't recommend it for a first time.

Quote:

Is it safe for my friend to trip after what's happened on mushrooms? I figure they affect different parts of the brain, so perhaps he'll be okay? Or should he not do it? He does have some stress and anxiety. I think that might have played a part in his shroom trips.

if your friend consistently has rough times on shrooms, he'll probably have rough times on acid. it might sound harsh but his problem is in his mind, not in the substance. the key to great times with psychedelics is letting go of the anxiety and the attachments to things in life.

LSD and psilocin affect the same parts of the brain.

Quote:

We'll probably have a little herb on hand. Does pot go as well with acid as it does mushrooms?

IMO pot does not go well with mushrooms or acid until the come-down, but if you enjoy smoking on mushrooms then i guess you'll enjoy smoking on acid.

Quote:

-Does acid affect/cause hunger in any way?

you probably won't feel hungry during the trip, but you'll make up for it afterwards. things taste wierd as well when you're high.

Quote:

Are insights as prevelant on acid as they are on shrooms?

insights are dependent mainly on mindset. some people get more out of shrooms, some get more out of acid. i find if you trip pretty casually, you'll learn more from mushrooms, but with proper preparation and focus acid can get you a lot deeper into your mind. but it really varies from person to person.

Quote:

I assume music is equally as beautiful. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

i would say not equally, but more beautiful.

i would say, don't worry too much about the differences between the two drugs. the differences are subtle, and descriptions will mean little until you've experienced both.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4429256 - 07/20/05 06:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You'll love acid, nothing is like good cid.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Tips and Suggestions? [Re: gdman]
    #4430836 - 07/21/05 12:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys!

--------------------

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

#4432262 - 07/21/05 09:14 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

One last question: How do you store acid? Right now we have it in some cellophane in a dark, dry place. Is this good or bad? I know tabs usually come in tinfoil, but plastic won't cause them to lose their magic, will it? Sorry, I'm completely clueless on acid at the moment.

We'll be tripping tomorrow night, though. There will be four friends, me and my best friend on acid and our two other friends on shrooms. Then, there will be maybe 1-2 more people just to keep us all safe from ourselves. Aside from that, NO authority figures around, relatively secluded area, large bonfire, lots of music, etc. I think it'll turn out to be a good setting.

And my friend was wondering... will Xanax and/or Ativan kill an acid trip? He isn't too worried about it, and doesn't plan on needing to kill the trip, but he just wants to have an exit in case the worst scenario goes down. Should I tell him to tough it out or just not do it? Seems he just has problems with the come down. I, on the other hand, have my problems with the come up (at least on shrooms). But I'll just smoke a little herb to settle down.

But yeah... how are you supposed to store tabs? and can anything take away the high anxiety or stress of a trip if it becomes too intense to handle. I don't want him freaking out on hour three and being screwed up for nine hours. He's my best friend, but regardless I wouldn't want to see anyone go through that.

Again, any and all help is appreciated. And as far as "killing" the trip goes, this is by all means an extremely "last resort" sorta thing. I respect the acid, and I respect the fact that I'll be completely out of my element. :smile:

Thanks again for the answers so far.

--------------------

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #4432656 - 07/21/05 11:42 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

There is a possibility that it is that dragonfly stuff.  But if not, the dealer is probably exaggerating a bit, or he dosed up again somewhere along his trip.  Mine DID last for about 8 hours, but it wasn't like I was peaking the whole time.  I just felt it fairly prominently for that time.  The dealer is probably just bullshitting.

Quote:

-Is there just as much to be concerned about when tripping acid as there is when tripping shrooms? How much do we need to prepare for this?

I found acid much easier on the mind as far as "mood swings"; then again, I only did mushrooms alone and at night.  I never felt scared or paranoid on acid, but on mushrooms I would get strange (though not negative) feelings and thoughts.  Acid seemed to keep my thoughts more positive.

Quote:

-Some current ideas are tripping at a remote location with a sitter, or tripping at a party where some pretty good friends will be tripping shrooms. Are these bad ideas? Any suggestions in this department are more than welcome.

I liked being with a small number of good friends.  Unfortunately, near the end of my most recent trip, I was stuck with a few people I don't exaclty consider myself friends with, which made me a little bitter at the end of the experience.  You may want to go to the party first on the come up, then leave and do whatever you see fit.  As with all drugs (especially psychedelics in my opinion), you never know what you will want to do when you go into it.  I suggest going to the party first to see if you like it, then going to the other place when the effects pick up.

Quote:

-Is it safe for my friend to trip after what's happened on mushrooms? I figure they affect different parts of the brain, so perhaps he'll be okay? Or should he not do it? He does have some stress and anxiety. I think that might have played a part in his shroom trips.

I'm not too sure about this one so I won't answer.

Quote:

-We'll probably have a little herb on hand. Does pot go as well with acid as it does mushrooms?

I've only smoked at the end to bring back the effects, and it only killed them.  I think with acid it's best to not smoke, as this may make you "sluggish."

Quote:

-Are insights as prevelant on acid as they are on shrooms?

I find shrooms more insightful, but I did them in completely different settings so I cannot judge this.

Quote:

-I assume music is equally as beautiful. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Music is wonderful on acid  :heart:  For some reason, whenever on psychedelics, I listen to the same song/record CONTINUOUSLY.  I've listened to Catholic chants, the musical FAQ of a site (the last two being on shrooms), and Sheik Yerbouti (on acid) for HOURS.

--------------------

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Tips and Suggestions? [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #4432997 - 07/21/05 12:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You can store your L in plastic or foil even in paper, anyplace dry.
Nothing to worry about unless you are saving for over a year and even in that case it wouldn't matter, it would deteriorate the same in either packaging.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: Tips and Suggestions? [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4433145 - 07/21/05 01:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

im going to get acid to probably like next weed.my friend knows where its coming from and said its good acid,those who have taken one hit of acid,how was it.were you tripping pretty hard or do you think 2 hits will be better?i want to be tripping pretty good with a lot of visuals

Edited by unearth (07/21/05 01:52 PM)

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Tips and Suggestions? [Re: unearth]
    #4433505 - 07/21/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

^^That's my next question. We have two hits... one for each of us. One hit of some decent-strength acid would be enough for us, right?

I was reading a report about someone being told half a hit would work well.

At this point, my friend and I are thinking of dosing half a tab then taking the other half about 20-30 minutes later. Good idea or bad? Should I just take the whole thing at once? I want to make sure I trip, and from what I've heard I would assume 1 hit will be plenty for my first time.

A moot question: any quick way to tell if it's real acid? Don't those research chemicals come in pill form? This is two tabs of acid, so it *should* be the real deal, right?

Again, THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES! You have been very helpful thus far, everyone!

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #4433777 - 07/21/05 04:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I know that in my area, 5-MeO-AMT is sometimes sold as "acid" in blotter form... 15 hour duration would be more consistent with 5-MeO-AMT than acid. You never really know what you're getting unless you make it yourself.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4434242 - 07/21/05 06:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

half of a proper psychedelic dose hit will make you trip, but one hit is rarely a psychedelic dose anymore.

if your dealer is telling the truth in saying one hit will make you trip for 15 hours, then half of that would surely make you trip.

if you have blotter, its almost certainly going to be either acid, or nothing. there's really not much else you could fit on a blotter. it could possibly be 5-MeO-AMT, but very unlikely. the bromo-dragonfly stuff would make you trip quite a bit longer than 15 hours.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Tips and Suggestions? [Re: alsey]
    #4437520 - 07/22/05 11:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks again for all the help everyone. We're pretty sure it's the real deal.

We'll be dosing tonight, so I should have a trip report for you either on Sunday or Monday.

Oh, and has anyone seen this pattern before? My friend and I looked it up on the net but couldn't find it... each tab has a weird design on it that almost makes it look like a sphere is bursting out the middle. One is colored with blue, the other tab is colored with purple. Does this sound familiar, or are most prints unique?

--------------------

Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

Loc: buckeye state
    #4437584 - 07/22/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

See if you can find the print here...

blotterart.net

If you can't find it there, that doesn't mean it's not real acid. It's just kind of a good way to check to see if your print might be in someone elses hands too.

That's an AMAZING site BTW.

--------------------

Thank you for drinking Bud Light.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience