Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Dateline NBC Tuesday 10/30/01 8pm EST
    #440743 - 10/29/01 01:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

An hour long show about ecstacy, and how the internet is helping kids "hurt themselves", by making it and shit.

I recommend pissing on your TV screen when this is on. I think they're going to try to expose internet sites that show how to make drugs.

Watch it. It's going to suck.

Edited by Learyfan (10/30/11 03:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Dateline NBC Tuesday 10/30/01 8pm EST [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #440851 - 10/29/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Great... I can just see Wednesdays report..

"Ecstacy takes more lives as drug crazed kids around the country commit electrical suicide in an act of rebellion to a NBC broadcast"

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: Dateline NBC Tuesday 10/30/01 8pm EST [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #440921 - 10/29/01 04:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

actually 20/20 already did an hour long show about ecsatcy that was very much biased..against it about a year ago. They went inside a rave with undercover cams and watched this stupid person ask kids about xtc, gave it a really bad image.

I also so an unbiased special on MTV about a year ago that was unbiased, it showed the good and bad affects of it which i found very interesting.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Dateline NBC Tuesday 10/30/01 8pm EST [Re: Jenny] * 1
    #440988 - 10/29/01 05:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i saw the one on 20/20, that was such bullshit, they spread more DARE propaganda and showed a video of some idiot who decided to take 6 pills or something, convulsing.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Dateline NBC Tuesday 10/30/01 8pm EST [Re: Learyfan]
    #442837 - 10/31/01 05:46 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

So did you guys see it?

It was fucking terrible. They embarrassed this guy on TV so badly.

Most of the story was about a guy named "Strike" who they called the ecstacy guru of "The Hive", which is the Shroomery for ecstacy. "Strike" even wrote 3 books detailing how to make E.

Well it seems as though Strike had been telling people to get their supplys from a company called "Science Aliance" I think it was called, so they go to that company and ask the guy what he thinks about people buying his products so that they can make ecstacy. He says he's pissed. They asked him if he knew about the Hive and Strike, and he said no.

Later in the show, they completely bust this guy in a lie about everything that he denys knowing. By the end of the show you find out that the Science Aliance guy had spent time in jail for making ecstacy in the past, so he knew what ingredients were needed, he STARTED the Hive, and he IS Strike, and did write those books.

At the end they said that he got busted big time because of two underground E manufacturers who had bought their products through him.

Oh, and they showed the most EMBARASSING home videos of one of those groups who bought the supplys from him. It showed their roll parties where everyone would be acting stupid as shit and kissing everyone(the guys were even kissing each other). They even taped them buying a bunch of lab equipment from some guy who allowed them to tape it!

It sucked.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (10/30/11 03:19 PM)

Anonymous

#442841 - 10/31/01 05:56 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

What a bunch of shit...

Invisiblesommer1331
confused
Loc: Des Moines,IA,USA
    #443053 - 10/31/01 11:06 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I saw it too. They really did make a fool out of that guy, "Strike". I felt sorry for him. Especially when he was asked to autograph his book. That was bullshit.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#15299945 - 10/30/11 03:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here is most of the show.  I wonder where Strike is now.

Quote:

The Hive was a website that served as an information-sharing forum for individuals and groups interested in the practical synthesis, chemistry, biology, politics, and legal aspects of mind-altering drugs. Participants ranged from pure theorists to self-declared organized crime chemists (claimed to be retired but with excellent connections) as well as forensic chemists, who (much like their quarries) used the Hive to keep abreast of developments in clandestine chemistry. Most members were simply curious about psychoactive chemicals and allied issues. At its peak, the Hive had thousands of participants from all over the world.
[edit] History

Although it had been in operation since 1997, the Hive gained broader awareness in 2001 when a Dateline_NBC special The "X" Files aired. This investigation into the use and production of MDMA featured the Hive and its founder, 'Strike' (Hobart Huson). Strike was the founder and site designer of the Hive as well as the author of several popular books (Total Synthesis I and II, and Sources) instructing readers how to synthesize a variety of amphetamines, obtain equipment and chemicals, and avoid prosecution. He remained anonymous until Dateline's investigation and interviews revealed that Hobart Huson (owner of the Strike-recommended laboratory supplier "Science Alliance") was the man behind Strike. The NBC program showed Huson/Strike at his office/chemical warehouse, complete with a stuffed bee sitting by his computer. The program led to Huson's arrest and imprisonment, but also spurred the site's growth. 'Rhodium' and a small group of dedicated individuals actually ran the Hive and its sister site Rhodium.ws for most of the sites' lifespans.

While The Hive was a public forum for asking questions and exchanging information, Rhodium.ws hosted a collection of drug synthesis information in more condensed and organized form, much of it derived from messages posted on the Hive. It also had a large collection of articles from academic journals, plus considerable general-purpose information on practical chemistry. Rhodium's site was also taken offline shortly after the Hive. Most of the archive is hosted by Erowid. Scattered across the net is more than 1.73 gigabytes of files that were once part of Rhodium's archive.

The Hive was shut down in 2004. Although the domain still exists and full copies of the message database were retained, the forum has not re-opened to the public, nor have existing archives been disseminated. Even before it went offline altogether, certain especially sensitive or synthetically useful threads were being hidden from the public message database. Around one gigabyte of user-harvested data from The Hive can still be found online, but the far greater portion remains held privately by former administrators. The failure of Hive management to share its archives after shutdown remains a bitter pill for some former contributors in light of the vast time and effort invested by members.
[edit] The Hive in popular culture

The Hive has had genuine cultural reach not only limited to the Internet. Among expressions popularized on the web by The Hive:

SWIM: "Somebody Who Isn't Me", a general-purpose description used by many posters when describing illegal activity, i.e. "SWIM needs some help crystallizing methamphetamine." Many posters changed the last letter to the first letter of their online name, so somebody named Crystal might speak of his adventures in the third person as "SWIC" (Somebody Who Isn't Crystal). It's unlikely that this sort of linguistic evasion would provide any genuine protection against prosecution should the posters be identified by law enforcement.
    Bees: Contributing members of The Hive.
    Honey: Originally freebase MD-MA, later extended to other psychoactive amines including methamphetamine.

--------------------

Invisibleshadowplay
Female User Gallery
    #15302543 - 10/31/11 03:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sad, but seems kinda stupid of him to have agreed to do the interview.

I really think I would enjoy the challenge of trying to make it and I'm sure I could do it, but I can't let myself do that.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#17128946 - 10/30/12 05:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I remember this.  Sad. 

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Dateline NBC Tuesday 10/30/01 8pm EST [Re: Jenny]
    #20771193 - 10/30/14 06:15 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jenny said:
actually 20/20 already did an hour long show about ecsatcy that was very much biased..against it about a year ago. They went inside a rave with undercover cams and watched this stupid person ask kids about xtc, gave it a really bad image.

I also so an unbiased special on MTV about a year ago that was unbiased, it showed the good and bad affects of it which i found very interesting.

Yeah, I saw those too Jenny.  They were both interesting, but both bias in my opinion.  And neither were as good as the Dateline show.  Even though I hate that Dateline show for what they did to Strike.  Fuck them for that. 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder