Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

if you clone a big mushroom will it make big mushrooms??
    #4427886 - 07/20/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

if you get a realy nice big mushroom and you clone it, will all the mushrooms grow just like the one you took the tissue off of.. or is it still random..

and a question about cloneing.. if i understand it right all you need to do is take some inner tissue from the mushroom and place it in agur and it will grow out mycilia then you just cut out peices of the agur and put it in your grain or what not.. is that correct..?? could you put some tissue into like a honeywater jar.. or just agur??

:scaryshroom: ty all, l8r

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: if you clone a big mushroom will it make big mushrooms?? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4427934 - 07/20/05 01:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It is less random, and you can clone to an LC.. Agar is basically a thick LC that you can cut rhizo myc growth out of, and isolate a large fruiting rhizomatic mycelium..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: if you clone a big mushroom will it make big mushrooms?? [Re: Kalix]
    #4428108 - 07/20/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You dont want to pick your biggest mushroom. You will basically be cloning the flush, not the mushroom. Pick a mushroom from a nice even pinset, even flush, good yeild, where the whole tray was quick and turned out well. You'll be better off then cloning a bigger mushroom, because you could still end up with a strain that may yes produce some big mushrooms, but it wont produce many if the tray you cloned it from didnt flush. So one lone shroom on a big casing that gets huge, or a smaller shroom from a nice even casing covered in shrooms..you should take from the second.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: if you clone a big mushroom will it make big mushrooms?? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4428339 - 07/20/05 02:44 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

/search

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4428432 - 07/20/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
You dont want to pick your biggest mushroom. You will basically be cloning the flush, not the mushroom. Pick a mushroom from a nice even pinset, even flush, good yeild, where the whole tray was quick and turned out well. You'll be better off then cloning a bigger mushroom, because you could still end up with a strain that may yes produce some big mushrooms, but it wont produce many if the tray you cloned it from didnt flush. So one lone shroom on a big casing that gets huge, or a smaller shroom from a nice even casing covered in shrooms..you should take from the second.

True! Remember, you are cloning the whole mycelium, not just one mushroom.. Mushrooms are made of tightly knit mycelial growth..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #4429539 - 07/20/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:

Rule of thumb clone the largest specimen from a cluster. Cloning is really isolating and is usually done from multispore grows IME. Sure peeps isolate rhizo growth from plates but this tells you absolutely nothing about the strains fruiting ability. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: if you clone a big mushroom will it make big mushrooms?? [Re: hyphae]
    #4430891 - 07/21/05 12:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

kewl ty all:) im gonna read up more on it..

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

Offlineunknown22
Mr. Creative

Loc: B.F.E
Re: if you clone a big mushroom will it make big mushrooms?? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4430963 - 07/21/05 01:03 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah I would really want to know more on this subject, From the ones with experience

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: if you clone a big mushroom will it make big mushrooms?? [Re: Kalix]
    #4436034 - 07/22/05 12:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

so i can cut a piece of tissue out and put it in say honey water?? is a big piece better.. or small strand??

im with unknown22 the whole agar thing seems to be the best bet.. and i would like to hear from some ppl that use it. seems augar would be easier to store than LC..or is it.. from what ive gathered from reading augar is a more controlled form of LC and would seem to be able to produce better fruits, just gotta find/get some damn petri dishes.. i hate living in a B.F.E town :frown: any sugestions on what kind of stores would carry the dishes, like what to look under in the phone book.. hoby shops, science, ect.. ect.. i called a couple places today.. but with no luck:(

once agin.. ty all for the info!! :smile: :scaryshroom:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation