Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
please help ID new york shroom
    #4423468 - 07/19/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

spore print: black/gray

height: approx 3"

cap diameter: 1/2"

stem diameter: 1/16" or 2mm

color: tan cap and stem(the color is almost identicle), brown gills

habitat: found under a tree, in a grassy feild, in central NY. oh, and it was NOT growing in wood.

thanx in advance for the help!!!!

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: please help ID new york shroom [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #4423472 - 07/19/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

o and i almost forgot, they do not bruise blue.

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
    #4423529 - 07/19/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

c,mon, somebody here has to be able to help me... PLEASE?

--------------------

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

#4423551 - 07/19/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

pictures. get some pictures. you only waited 17 min between your posts man, this is a message board not an IM conversation.

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
    #4423555 - 07/19/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you need too be more specific...a picture would really help

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: please help ID new york shroom [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #4423571 - 07/19/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

unfortunatly, i dont have a digital camera, or i would post one. the stem is not hollow, and the gills are slightly crowded... there, ive said everything there is to be said about how to id the mushrooms.

thanx again in advance

--------------------

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
    #4423661 - 07/19/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so NOBODY HERE can identify this mushroom? this is either very sad, or i think ive found a new species!

--------------------

OfflineDaytripper420
Bitchin!

Loc: South carolina
    #4423689 - 07/19/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

not enough info man take a spore print and tell us the color i have no idea about identifying shrooms except cubes but take a spore print

--------------------
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: please help ID new york shroom [Re: Daytripper420]
    #4423707 - 07/19/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry man..I can pretty much tell you that a picture is very close to being required for a positive ID on many mushrooms. Those which don't require pictures generally have some sort of very distinctive feature which your mushroom definitely doesn't.

I can pictrue a few different things in my head with this sort of description. To me it sounds like that one annoying kind that is pretty common growing in grass around here, although I have never taken a sporeprint of those so I dont know if that matches there. Usually I just run by and kick the shit outta them because they annoy me and its fun :P.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Invisiblemikonn
me

#4423723 - 07/19/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

unfortunately your description, as nice as it is, describes about half the mushrooms that you see people asking about on this board. It's alittle difficult to go with someones word on the call between black and dark brown prints, it can be hard to distinquish if you arent expierienced. Also cap shape can be have quit a few varients that are important in id. Without a picture it becomes difficult, especially with no blueing. It could be alot of things, and you should not consume it, not that you were but just in case. even with a pic, some species are impossible to distinquish from one another without a microscope, so understand that this mushroom interest you've acquired is a little more involved then you might have realized. get a camera if you are really interested, so you can have a better chance of getting help with id.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4423903 - 07/19/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That would be an LBM, little brown mushroom. They are hard to differentiate and takes practice. Yeah not everybody has a camera. Get a spore print, and we'll help you start. We can't do all the work tho, you must do most of it.
Again, get a print, this will put us in a genus, remark about the veil and pay attention to the base of the mushroom. This is the only way we can help you.

peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (07/19/05 02:29 PM)

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: please help ID new york shroom [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4423966 - 07/19/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

as mikonn and LouiseLouise said, active mushrooms are very hard to distinguish for a beginner since theyre LBMs, and it can be very dangerous. please do not be like many of these other fools who post asking what the mushroom is with a poor description and then end up eating it in the vain hope that it is psychoactive. unless you come up with more info we cant help you, and unless you are 100% sure what the mushroom is you gamble with your life eating it. i am not accusing you of being stupid, i am just asking that you have some patience with it. as much as we would love all active mushrooms to be three feet tall with a tye dye cap, that is simply not the case. i suggest getting a field guide too if you wish to further investigate mycology.
good luck!

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: please help ID new york shroom [Re: Chiefess]
    #4425219 - 07/19/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

daytripper... i said the sporeprint was BLACK. maybey if u read my post then u can flame me, but u simply diddnt even read it.

--------------------

Offlineyogafire
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4425476 - 07/19/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I found those in ALbany last weekend. I'm not sure whta they are either. Didn't you get real excited and think you saw cubensis just growing?

Love

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: please help ID new york shroom [Re: yogafire]
    #4425810 - 07/19/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

im actually thinking pan subbs if anything, but still waiting for a "valued" opinion.

--------------------

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
    #4425884 - 07/19/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

still patiently waiting for somebody to actually read my post, all i need to know is whether they are pan subbs. or not, im leaning torwards not, but i dont know that for sure. and by the way, the spore print is still BLACK

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4425998 - 07/19/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

LOOK DIPSTICK Your not going to get a positive id without a picture. There are many mushrooms that fit your description. Quit being such a dick and maybe others wont be dicks. You started off impatient, demanding, and condescending, what do you expect?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (07/19/05 11:03 PM)

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#4426004 - 07/19/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My subbalteatus have sort of greyish gills but that might just be opinion. If the sporeprint is indeed black I think you have narrowed it down to the panealous(sp) family but many mushrooms in that group fit under you description. Be patient learning to ID these shrooms it took me a few seasons before I could tell them apart from similar mushies but stick with it.

Also you need a lot of those thing to trip so dont get you hopes up. Stay safe, stay smart

Hope I helped though I'm not an expert really.

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: please help ID new york shroom [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #4427867 - 07/20/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i now have a camera and pics, i just cant figure out how to load them.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4428187 - 07/20/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

First find the port to connect them to the computer and do so, you may also ned software installed on the computer, I think mine came with windows though, to download the pictures..when I plug it in a window pops up. Then download and go to My Pics (upper left hand corner of any page while logged in) and click upload picture, then it will give you a textbox with code in it when you can copy and paste here and it will allow us to see the picture.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate