Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Dangerous new drug
    #4427290 - 07/20/05 09:32 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

http://people.bu.edu/basil/Sleep.htm

Quote:

The Dangers of Sleep

What is Sleep?

Sleep is known under several street names including ≥unconsciousness≤, ≥rest≤, ≥passed out≤, ≥crashing out≤ and, in France, ≥dormir.≤ Sleep is one the most prevalent drugs in the world, with an estimated usage rate exceeding 99.9% in some parts of the United States. Because of its prevalence, most casual users, or ≥sleepers≤ as they are known, underestimate the dangers of sleep.

Sleep has been around for a long time, dating back at least 14,000 years to the Neolithic Age. It is believed that Neolithic cavemen indulged in this ≥harmless≤ drug on a regular basis at night and after meals. Some social scientists connect the extinction of the Neanderthal species to a high incidence of sleep among populations.

How is it used?

Sleep is usually used within the confines of a bedroom, a practice which regular users believe minimizes side affects such as back pain and sore necks. Suspicious parents, however, should be warned that sleep requires neither beds nor bedding, and can be used outside, in moving vehicles, and other environments.

How Does it Affect You?

Sleep addicts claim that sleep refreshes their bodies and clears the mind. However, sleep has been conclusively linked to the lost time phenomenon, a harmful side-affect that serves as a gateway to dangerous conditions such as lack of study and sleeping through class. Sleep has been clinically-observed to slow heart rate, decrease blood pressure and breathing to levels well below those of a non-sleeping human being, and is thus perceived as highly dangerous.

Sleep is highly addictive; addicts regularly indulge in doses exceeding eight hours. When deprived of this drug, addicts become grumpy, disheveled and anti-social. Disorientation and dark circles underneath the eyes are also common symptoms associated with sleep withdrawal.

Sleepπs short-term effects wear off within sixteen hours, leaving users experiencing the full affects of withdrawal. Some users have developed such a high tolerance for sleep that they experience withdrawal symptoms such as yawning and foggy minds within hours of their last dose of sleep.

Impact on the Mind

Side affects of sleeping include a greatly decreased ability to learn associated with lost study time and sleeping during class periods. Some hardcore sleep addicts take sleep during particularly long or boring classes, with a corresponding and direct degradation of teacher-addict relations.

College Students and Sleep

Although dangers exist for sleep users of all ages, the greatest risk is to college students. Overworked and exhausted students are easy prey to peer pressure from friends and colleagues who suggest sleep as a solution to their problems. Because of the widespread neature of this threat, parents are advised to periodically ask their children, ≥Have you been sleeping lately?≤ It is the sad nature of the times that sleep use should be assumed if not proven otherwise.

Side Affects of Sleep

? Impaired perception

? Diminished short-term memory

? Loss of concentration and coordination

? Impaired judgment

? Increased risk of accidents

? Loss of motivation

? Decreased heart rate

? Hallucinations

? Slowed respiratory function

? Psychological dependency

Please contact Parents Against Sleep for more information. Remember, your child could be a sleep user!

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: cb9fl]
    #4427291 - 07/20/05 09:34 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well,shit i don't sleep any ways....

this is actually day two of no sleep....

i'm doin' good......

cool read,by the way :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4427296 - 07/20/05 09:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I find sleep is a waste of time........if it wasnt for the morning wood and resulting pleasure I would hate sleeping.

--------------------
Take care.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #4427298 - 07/20/05 09:37 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Irishdrunk said:
I find sleep is a waste of time........if it wasnt for the morning wood and resulting pleasure I would hate sleeping.

lol

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: cb9fl]
    #4427311 - 07/20/05 09:43 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

you guys are crazy. i love sleeping so damn much - i don't see it as a waste of time at all - i see it as one of the best uses of time!

--------------------

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: Krishna]
    #4427402 - 07/20/05 10:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

one time i was trippin, i was like "and what's with these assholes making us sleep at night.... i mean, think of how much more you could be getting done if you didnt have to sleep... " as if it were some conspiracy to make people sleep...  and about how much bullshit it is... then i got tired and went to sleep... :lol:

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: Phychotron]
    #4427416 - 07/20/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sleep is like the only time left in the world to focus on ourselves.  Its pre-set meditation!

Some of us dont go to sleep to dream.  Thats unfortunate.... :frown:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4427493 - 07/20/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

sucks we have to sleep so much though. And you can sleep for 8-9 hours and still be dead tired for hours after you wake up. Why don't other animals experience this :frown:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: Brugman]
    #4427577 - 07/20/05 11:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, they just hibernate for seasons at a time :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: Brugman]
    #4427579 - 07/20/05 11:46 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

plus yah never know if they are experiencing sleepiness after a slumber or not, you gotta ask em  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by XOIIAresIIOX (07/20/05 12:02 PM)

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4427598 - 07/20/05 11:54 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sleeping gives us the paths necessary to float into different dimensions. Although it is known that some trained spiritual beings just meditate throughout the sleep period which I think is wicked :smile:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Dangerous new drug [Re: BanJankri]
    #4427620 - 07/20/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Haha yeah!

Some professionals say that 20-45 minutes of deep seated meditation us equal to an undisturbed 8 hour sleep period.

--------------------

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #4429090 - 07/20/05 05:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
Haha yeah!

Some professionals say that 20-45 minutes of deep seated meditation us equal to an undisturbed 8 hour sleep period.

Got a source? I'd very much like to see that study.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinespaceman
mushroom head
 User Gallery

#4429507 - 07/20/05 07:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

When I want to dream I never seem to remember them and when I don't plan on dreaming I have the most lucid psycadelic dreams that you could imagine. So yeah I like my sleep.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub