Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineManureMaster
Pothead

Loc: NNY
upstate new york active mushies? ?
    #4427271 - 07/20/05 09:13 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I live upstate ny(not like albany if thats what you consider upstate) and its been pretty hard trying to find active mushrooms. Is there anyone who knows of mushrooms that grow near the st lawerence river valley at the top of new york? The only mushroom around would be amanita muscaria var farmosa and I never found a document saying if they actually were used as a psychadelic. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: upstate new york active mushies? ? [Re: ManureMaster]
    #4435134 - 07/21/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

My experience with Amanita Muscaria is to dry them at about 140 degrees, and eat 7 to 10 grams with milk. No carbonated beverages. You'll know they're working when the 'tendon jump' starts. I've had many good experiences and very few bad ones on Amanita Muscaria. But obviously make sure you don't eat the wrong Amanita's -- the Panthers of the Destroying Angels, etc... I'm confident that the red and red/yellow varieties of Soma (such as formosa) are not harmful, although the potency may vary. See redangels.yage.net for more information...

As far as psilocybians, I'm going to look for liberty caps and caerulipes, and maybe the 'laughing gyms'. Strictly for identification purposes, of course. Mushrooms are so interesting and I'm hoping to find some caerulipes, which look similar to the cyanescens I so fondly remember from the Humboldt County dunes.

Peace

Edited by BobHumboldt (10/05/06 12:48 PM)

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: upstate new york active mushies? ? [Re: ManureMaster]
    #4435208 - 07/21/05 09:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hey ya'll, I'm from Buffalo. Yeah, Psilocybe caerulipes, Gymnopilus spectabilis, Ps. semilanceta (liberty caps) and Panaeolus subbaltetus can be found. Look in the FAQ, it gives a definitive listing of mushrooms can be found in your area.

peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Invisiblelukeduke711

Re: upstate new york active mushies? ? [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #8987140 - 09/26/08 12:24 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BobHumboldt said:
My experience with Amanita Muscaria is to dry them at about 140 degrees, and eat 7 to 10 grams with milk.  No carbonated beverages.  You'll know they're working when the 'tendon jump' starts.  I've had many good experiences and very few bad ones on Amanita Muscaria.  But obviously make sure you don't eat the wrong Amanita's -- the Panthers of the Destroying Angels, etc...  I'm confident that the red and red/yellow varieties of Soma (such as formosa) are not harmful, although the potency may vary.  See redangels.yage.net for more information...

As far as psilocybians, I'm going to look for liberty caps and caerulipes, and maybe the 'laughing gyms'.  Strictly for identification purposes, of course. Mushrooms are so interesting and I'm hoping to find some caerulipes, which look similar to the cyanescens I so fondly remember from the Humboldt County dunes.

Peace

YOU CAN EAT Amanita Muscaria? ....AND TRIP??

Offlinedaplaya340
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: upstate new york active mushies? ? [Re: lukeduke711]
    #15074149 - 09/13/11 07:00 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

its nothing like tripping on a gym or lib cap or anything like that i dont even call it a trip

Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Loc: London, England
Trusted Identifier
Re: upstate new york active mushies? ? [Re: daplaya340]
    #15074250 - 09/13/11 07:25 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

daplaya340 said:
its nothing like tripping on a gym or lib cap or anything like that i dont even call it a trip

Correct, it's not a trip.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification