Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

What happens when you die?
    #4426279 - 07/20/05 02:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps there are too many post about death at the moment but I can't help but ask this question. What happens when you die?

I've come to many realizations about reality in my life (some through tripping) and its is my belief that this universe must end when I die. I am simply the universe experiencing itself. Once the observer is destroyed (and all the silly stories that made its existance "Logical"or "Possible") then some other observer will take its place.

I never can account for other peoples existance however...my understand is they are made up of the same stuff as thoughts????

Can you guys tell me?

I've broaded over this stuff heaps (especially when tripping) and have found understands though its gets lost pretty easily. I've never been really afraid of it however.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Jutboy]
    #4426288 - 07/20/05 02:09 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

whups...I actually just started exploring the other rooms today (I've always sat in cultivation) and realized this probably should be moved to philosophy???

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4426426 - 07/20/05 02:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Here's what happens when you die:

Your consciousness separates from your physical vehicle, which alters your awareness dramatically since the body imposes limits on your awareness. It'll feel like waking out of a dream. If the death was sudden you'll mostly likely experience some disorientation as to what's going on. Nevertheless, the realization of what just happened will come you inevitably. Depending upon your beliefs while incarnate you may experience visions of what you expected to see after death. Thus some will see Jesus or their version of God, or they may see a vision of Hell if that's what they're expecting. Those that believe their existence ceases after death may find themselves in total blackness, but may still retain their awareness and eventually realize they still exist. It's generally advised that if you see a bright light, to move toward it, unless you want to stay within this plane as a discarnate spirit (ghost) or you were planning to attempt to go back into your body. The bright light is regarded as the Source or Creator. You may momentarily merge with the Source if you're able. It's been said that the feeling is

While discarnate you'll be on a different plane of existence than this planet is. You'll be able to see through time, since you have no physical reference point within time. You may have life-like visions of many different worlds which you've already lived in, are currently living in, or will live in. The reason for this is that the illusion of time is apparent and all your experiences may appear to be happening simultaneously. You may interact with other souls who are like friends you have between incarnations. And you'll review your lifetime here on Earth -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. Then you'll most likely plan to enter another incarnation, possibly with the help of other spirits who may help you choose a new life which will provide a beneficial experience toward your evolution.

Of course, this is just my opinion and should not be believed whatsoever.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4426429 - 07/20/05 02:46 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"this probably should be moved to philosophy???"

Dying sure sounds like a health issue to me. :grin:

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: moog]
    #4426478 - 07/20/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

When you die you will not exist and your human carcass will rot in the ground for worms to eat, do basically your just food eventually. & Another human will fill your shoes. the end <- thats what a lot of people think...

If you believe in an afterlife then possibly you could goto heaven/hell//lost soul/ghost.........but i believe in god and the devil both equally and like them both........everyone has there darkside and good side......god and the devil are brothers and smoke weed till the end of time.

OR you can become immortal like me and live forever and forever and become so intelligent that doing complex things is like tying a shoe. the end.

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Edited by PriitK (07/20/05 03:09 AM)

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: PriitK]
    #4430578 - 07/20/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You have it wrong friends. When you die, you simply stop existing. You will not feel nothing, because you simply cannot feel. You cannot think, you cannot feel, all your senses no longer exist, you no longer exist, and the world you know no longer exists.

Time still moves on though, you just wont be able to feel it since you will no longer have a functioning brain to clock it.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #4430666 - 07/21/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the way I look at it is:

if there is an afterlife, great. 

if there is no afterlife, then at least I won't be around to be disappointed. 

either way, its pretty much all good. 

my advice is to enjoy life to the fullest, but don't be a total dickhead or else you might be judged for it.  In other words, keep safe on both sides :thumbup:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4430720 - 07/21/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with Doctorj. Really you should not worry about the end. You should live as you would hope the majority of people would live. Be as good as you would hope others to be otherwise your a dick, at least in your own eyes.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4431105 - 07/21/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well for one there truly is no OBSERVER observing the world, we need to stop looking at things as things. The world could be one big connected hologram with currents of bits of energy that we project as THINGS in our perception. When we die we could simply connect with another energy of "living organism".

Offlinenancy1
Stranger
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4432017 - 07/21/05 04:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well..I have asked this same question to myself several times.."What happens after death"..but couldn't find a perfect answer. I have heard a lot about different theories..but don't really know if any of those is really true. What I firmly believe though, is that death is not the end, there's something definitely there after death which we might not see or feel. Maybe a dead person can better comment on this question than we living souls. Is anyone here?

OfflineJon
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: nancy1]
    #4432073 - 07/21/05 05:34 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Another one of those topics that are fun to talk about for hours, but no real answer. I used to think I was soo sure that death would bring me to a better place, but now that doesnt seem acceptable. I am just waiting for my expectations to be rebuked. See the demon behind every deception of the clean happiness. No one has truly experienced death until an individual lacks the ability to experience. We can assume that death is the answer to all of our unanswered questions, but it basically makes the human creation prioritize their death induced by fear. A percentage of these individuals I believe waste their lives on trying to make their bed on the other side of life. But they dont keep into account, maybe after death theres nothing? What happens when you die? Damned if I know, I sure as hell am not waiting to find out. If I die in the middle of a McDonalds, leave me there to rot and let the earth be my grave. The owl is wise only because no matter how many question you ask it, it will never answer. Silence is everything.

Edited by Jon (07/21/05 05:36 AM)

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4433573 - 07/21/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

-Achilles

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being