Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: what is wrong with my cousin/friend [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #4434385 - 07/21/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

UlisSausage7 said:
try going to his house and be like "what the fuck is wrong?" and then talk to him about it

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: what is wrong with my cousin/friend [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4434604 - 07/21/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fucknuckle brought up some good points about friendships that are based on drug use.  They are not real friendships and all it does is lead to you spending every day of your life getting high.  It took me a while to realize this and I had to sever all ties with my pothead "friends."

Smoking weed makes me feel zoned out and anti-social.  Even at parties with all of my friends, if I smoke weed I end up just sitting down somewhere feeling spaced out and tired.  You should drink with him instead of smoke weed and see how he behaves.  Everyone loves me when I'm drunk. :thumbup:

Quote:

try going to his house and be like "what the fuck is wrong?" and then talk to him about it

This isn't bad advice either.  Instead of asking him to come over you should just drive over his house and pick him up or something.  When I was going through an anti-social period, my friends would stop by my house and I felt almost forced to get out and do something.  I was always glad to get out though.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: what is wrong with my cousin/friend [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4478338 - 07/31/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

PowerTrip makes an excellent point in the above post.

I am very much like your friend, I am reluctant to go anywhere socially and when I do my thoughts only revolve around how long it is until I can go home.

The best approach I think would be to physically arrive at his doorstep and invite him to go out. It is very easy to turn somebody down over the internet or not return their calls but it is a completely different kettle of fish when they ask face-to-face.

If anything I think you will find that he wants to interact with you but has become so socially inept that he feels there is no point. Focus on your discussion with him and you may well be surprised.

One other thing worth mentioning is to try and get him in comfortable surroundings. His reluctance to speak may be exacerbated by the lack of a sense of safety and ease.

Good luck, and don't give up on your friend!

Borg.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: what is wrong with my cousin/friend [Re: PriitK]
    #4479900 - 08/01/05 02:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I always used to love going out and doing things with my friends up until 7 months ago when I started acting like your friend. However I don't act totally like him. I don't associate with any of my friends anymore. It is not that I am trying to be rude I have just been suffering with severe anxiety issues. I was never like this before in my life and it is very hard. He probably feels much worse than you do trust me. I honestly believed what cause this problem for myself was a years worth of daily cocaine use. Day by day the anxiety got worse. Now seven months later (after throwing coke out the window) I'm still trying to deal with it.

In any event he is far from brain-dead. I cannot speak for him however I can tell you he is probably dealing with some severe anxiety & depression issues for whatever reason. When you get into that pit it's no fun. The best you can do right now is let him alone to deal with it. He will come around eventually. I can guarantee he wants to and when he finds the light at the end of the tunnel you will hear from him again. My buddies stop by from time to time and I have explained my situation to them. They totally understand and just let it alone. They know I have to battle this on my own.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: what is wrong with my cousin/friend [Re: PriitK]
    #4491789 - 08/03/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Don't give up on him.....that's the worst thing you could do. Drugs like heroin crack and coke completely take you over, become your life and destroy you.....but it's not the end, he can get better. Do whatever it takes to get him back, he may be pissed now but he'll thank you later.

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: what is wrong with my cousin/friend [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4497057 - 08/04/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

he probably only wants to hang out with his heroin friends because thats what they are. he probably doesnt have any interest in girls or drinking anymore.

as dark_star said, don't give up on him. talk to him about it.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: what is wrong with my cousin/friend [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4498898 - 08/05/05 05:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Priitx,

OK I am aware this is a " Drug " related site. But I have grown very fond of this place because it is so much more. So what I have to say next I hope goes over well and with the understanding that I mean well.

Point 1

When your doing drugs and your friends are doing drugs and all of your activities are centered around drugs. Guess what ? All of your friendships are as false as the happiness you find in drugs.

It seems to me after reading this thread your a druggie who thinks his friend is a druggie. Hum........... Is it possible your friend just can't stand you hypocrisy ? I mean you  can not preach to the preacher. Follow me ?

Point 2

Until a person finds their path in life there are no real friends( there are exceptions of course). I know that sounds fucked but it is real and truth. Especially with people who use drugs. As a Druggie myself I know what I'm saying.  See, when all you want is to get high it is impossible to see people for what they really are and for what you really are. How can you yourself build a strong friendship when all of your social activities are around getting high ?

Point 3

If he is using heroin he is hooked. That is all there is to it. Heroin users are a strange bunch. They only care about one thing and nothing else, Getting high. At best they are loners, at worst they will kill you for 20 bucks. They will pretend to be your very best buddy if you are using heroin. If not, you start to become unimportant to them because you are no source of heroin.
Same with any drug. As time goes on you will learn that Pot heads stick with potheads, coke users stick with coke users, heroin users stick with heroin users etc...... You know why ? Because these friendships are not based in true friendship. It is based in where the easiest source of my favorite drug.

Point 4

Drugs are not a life style they are for recreation. IF you are using at every free moment and all of your friends are using also. Guess what ? You have no real friendships( that's not absolute but close )

In any case spend sometime in social events where you don't get high. That is a start...........Then you will discover what freindship is all about :heart:

:thumbup:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds