Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Church [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4427922 - 07/20/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Any Pastor worth his weight in salt would be more than happy to have a serious discussion about what he preaches.. I say talk to your girl in an honest and sincere way about the points you would like to bring up to the pastor, frame it as though to accept this faith you need to have these questions cleared up, I'm sure she can not argue with that.. And I'm sure the Preach woudl be more than happy to have a chat with you..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4428065 - 07/20/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
I wanted to post all incoming and outgoing cash in the hallway for all to see. To pay only the light bill, morgage, food, etc..... You know the nitty gritty of what it takes to run a church. Then all the cash left over was to be alloted to a public fund. Then the " Body " of the church could get toghter once a month and take care of urgent need of members in the church " Body " then what was left over would be divided into two catagories..... One needs in the community and second.... Future plans of the church I.E. expansions and new buses etc.....

The pastor need to get a Job just like the rest of us.

Oh yeah that went over like a lead zepplin :grin:

:bow:

Now THAT'S how a church should be ran.

:mushroom2:
for
you

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Church [Re: niteowl]
    #4428439 - 07/20/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks but.... I am not the one to be rewarded. Anyone who really listens to what Jesus had to say would see that the church I described would be as plain as the big toe on your foot.

The "Body of Christ" has a head but the head needs to do as Jesus taught not based on his or her own desires. Simple really

In fact the entire Christian Church has got it all wrong. Sad really. and they wonder why they can not experience miracles and the wonders of God as on earth as it is in heaven. Fools they put all worldly treasures first. Big churches and big cars........ Church as described by Jesus is this...... Where one or more gather I'll be there. What is the desire of your heart I will give. Ask and you shall receive. Gather often and teach of me and my father. etc...

The point is this.Ask of your heart and receive. Well any real follower of Christ would not want a big fancy church to show off to the church down the street. The very fact that Jesus is living in your heart would give a person a entire new set of desires. To desire Love and supporting of one another. To seek out the poor and give all you have ( much deeper than giving all your cash, and that is not what I 'm talking about). To live your life as Christ did. Then when you have done this the Father in heaven will provide all you need.

The desire of the heart will be given. But what is the desire of the heart of Jesus ? That is the first question anyone who follows the example of Jesus should ask themselves.

Not " Oh lord my electric bill is past due, my car is broken, oh lord please save my cash problems" or " Lord I am sick and dying I want to live, Lord I need you to make sure my kid gets to college " ETC....

The Lord wants us to LOVE one another and PUT ALL OTHERS FIRST. Then when you have done that God will provide all that you need.

Example...... I was broke many years ago. I hated giving cash to the church. But one day I found the face of God in prayer. I was praying how much I really appreciate God and the world around me. I was giving thanks. After much of that finally I asked for something. Lord can you please help me with the problem I have with giving. I don't understand how giving cash has got anything to do with my life ?

Make a very long story short...... God reveled to me what the mind of Christ thinks about giving. Give from the true desire to help others not from the desire of what giving my bring me.

OHhhhhhhhhhhh No I get it lord. Yes it is the heart of Christ that is the key. Jesus would never think to give because of the rewards that his father might give him. Jesus gives because he wants what best for you. PUT ALL OTHERS BEFORE YOU. I understand then and now

So a few weeks later I had an opportunity to give all th ecash in my pockets. I gave because of anothers need. Truly I did and it was done in complete privacy only me and God knew. About 15 min. later this lady walks up to me and hands me a set of keys. She is crying and says " God wants you to have this car " She walks away I never see her again.

I was broke at the time with no car, no cash etc......

I learned that God is very real that day.

God will come to those, that come to him through the example of Christ. The powers of God are available to all who seek them.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #4429169 - 07/20/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it's eye-gouging for a small donation, all for the sake of fantasy reassurance :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Church [Re: deff]
    #4429185 - 07/20/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You missed my entire point. It has nothing to do with the rebuilding of brainwashing..... It is all about income

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #4429202 - 07/20/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry, wasnt meant to be a reply to you, just a general comment :smile:

I am lazy with the damn 'reply to' thingy :cool:

(I did read and understand your posts about the influence of profit though :thumbup:)

--------------------

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: Church [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4429924 - 07/20/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Quote:

crunchytoast said:
Quote:

but instead of being the quiet supportive type, you raise a ruckus

being supportive means being quiet?

if you came here to make your girl happy, then you should act as she would want you to act.

she'll only be happy if i shut up?

that sucks.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Church [Re: spud]
    #4430664 - 07/20/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a on-again-off-again Christian, and one thing that puts me off about the religion is church. An ideal church setting would be more of an open setting, where people are allowed to participate in the service more than the singing of the hymns and an "amen" here and there.

The idea of church is silly to be to begin with. I feel that if I want to praise God, I can do it wherever I please, not just in a special building. Nature is my church.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom