Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
I believe
    #4423854 - 07/19/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Man made god out of ignorance and fear. Ignorance because they needed to explain all the things we explain with science, and fear because we had to come up with some kind of magical punishment if you do bad in life. They were scared of the mass public getting out of line so they scare them with thoughts of going to hell.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: I believe [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #4423928 - 07/19/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I believe that you may be right.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
 User Gallery

Re: I believe [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4423941 - 07/19/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It's just what I gathered from sociology class.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4424104 - 07/19/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So we can now rape & pillage guilt-free? Kool!  :thumbup:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4424204 - 07/19/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I don't believe man intentionally made God at all; rather, the concept of God created itself.

God spread himself slowly among the minds of as many people as he could. Some used him to further themselves, others used him to make themselves work harder or accept sorrow better. God has been used as a tool a countless number of times, and a very versatile one at that. Yet even you must admit that God would not exist if he didn't help humanity; if holding the concept of God did nothing, he would've died out long ago.

You say "They were scared of the mass public getting out of line" yet who is they? "They" were often as much believers of an absolute God just as much as anyone else, so they were in fact controlling their own desires through God. Let's not give "them" some sort of god-like powers; they were scared humans just like mostly everyone else.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4424214 - 07/19/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

master_shake said:
Man made god out of ignorance and fear. Ignorance because they needed to explain all the things we explain with science, and fear because we had to come up with some kind of magical punishment if you do bad in life. They were scared of the mass public getting out of line so they scare them with thoughts of going to hell.

luckily, we have science now, which has solved all our problems including mortality and interstellar travel

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Re: I believe [Re: Swami]
    #4424241 - 07/19/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

There is a better way which can avoid the negative legal consequences of rape & pillaging.  Become a conduit capable of channeling the words of the almighty and establish your own religion.  Women will give themselves willingly to you and they and others will willingly give you property as well.

--------------------

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4424247 - 07/19/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prosgeopax said:
Quote:

Swami said:

There is a better way which can avoid the negative legal consequences of rape & pillaging.  Become a conduit capable of channeling the words of the almighty and establish your own religion.  Women will give themselves willingly to you and they and others will willingly give you property as well.

Hmmm... :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4424251 - 07/19/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't know women are turned on by religion. If anything, it is a turn off.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Re: I believe [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4424256 - 07/19/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, ye of little faith...

Who cares if they're turned on? All that matters is if you can convince them to put out in the name of God.

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4424269 - 07/19/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You are very wise. Where do I send my money and my daughter?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4424296 - 07/19/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have established a retreat in the San Bernardino mountains. The Temple of Sexual Congress with the Lord Our Savior will be opening up on August 5,2005. Checks and daughters should be sent to:

Reverend Prosgeopax
c/o TSCLOS
1145 Rim of the World Hwy
Blue Jay, CA 92315

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4424332 - 07/19/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, don't forget to have your daughter ask about the early bird special for the first fourteen priestesses to sign up (they must be chaste and in good physical shape).

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4424354 - 07/19/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prosgeopax said:
Oh, ye of little faith...

Who cares if they're turned on? All that matters is if you can convince them to put out in the name of God.

A turned off woman is the biggest turn off for me

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4424365 - 07/19/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They'll be damn sure to be turned on if they think they're having sexual congress with God himself.

--------------------

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
 User Gallery

Re: I believe [Re: Ravus]
    #4424436 - 07/19/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
I don't believe man intentionally made God at all; rather, the concept of God created itself.

God spread himself slowly among the minds of as many people as he could. Some used him to further themselves, others used him to make themselves work harder or accept sorrow better. God has been used as a tool a countless number of times, and a very versatile one at that. Yet even you must admit that God would not exist if he didn't help humanity; if holding the concept of God did nothing, he would've died out long ago.

You say "They were scared of the mass public getting out of line" yet who is they? "They" were often as much believers of an absolute God just as much as anyone else, so they were in fact controlling their own desires through God. Let's not give "them" some sort of god-like powers; they were scared humans just like mostly everyone else.

They were the jews. Their people were out of line and doing whatever they wanted so they instituted religion. Then the christ guy came into play and more and more stupid rules and stuff were created. Granted the bible has some good lessons and teach people morals. but I feel anyone born with enough common sense wouldn't need some kind of organized religion to know better than to kill someone or rape or steal. I'm kinda drunk so I lost where I was goin with this.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Re: I believe [Re: Silversoul]
    #4424574 - 07/19/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Amen brother, amen.

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: I believe [Re: Silversoul]
    #4424670 - 07/19/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
They'll be damn sure to be turned on if they think they're having sexual congress with God himself.

And what makes god sexually attractive?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4424676 - 07/19/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:

And what makes god sexually attractive?

Power. Chicks dig guys with power.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4424735 - 07/19/05 06:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

master_shake said:
but I feel anyone born with enough common sense wouldn't need some kind of organized religion to know better than to kill someone or rape or steal. I'm kinda drunk so I lost where I was goin with this.

Why should he not kill in absence of religion and absolute morality?
Killing, stealing and raping brings prosperity, to us and those to whom we are emotionally attached. Pacifism and morality brings stagnation.

Without religion, common sense would be to take care of your family and those who you care for, and fight others to grain wealth for family and friends and yourself.

there is no morality outside religion. proof?
look at animal behaviour, they have no codes of behaviour, they take care of themselfs and their family and tribe. there is no morality in such behaviour, just a simple pattern.

I'm not saying religions should be kept on life just because of that. All I'm saying is: is everyone really ready for the kind of mentality that might come with death of religions?

Even swami, a hardcore atheist, behaves through religious patterns of morality. He seems like a moral man.

Atheists have morality because they are born in a society in which religious morality runs deep in its roots.

Living beings kill each other, it is in human nature to kill, the only reason why humans do not kill as often as they might is because they think gods toled them not to long time ago.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order