Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemikeytwice
Wanderer

Symptoms of overmisting / too high humidity?
    #4422757 - 07/19/05 11:25 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

What are some common symptoms of overmisting / having too high RH? I ask because some casings I had in my PMP have fruited rather poorly and I'm trying to pinpoint why. I think it's more a function of the substrate and other variables, but I'm not sure.

Is it generally a good idea to mist even with a PMP?

Also, is it in any way possible for geolite to harbor bacteria or fungus that will screw up air exchange?

--------------------
\

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Symptoms of overmisting / too high humidity? [Re: mikeytwice]
    #4422778 - 07/19/05 11:30 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Rotting mushrooms, standing water on mushrooms, soaky mushrooms. Soft flimsy mushrooms, lots of mycelium growing on the caps and casing surface (some on stems and a little on caps is normal), blueing around the cap, caps not opening fully and looking withered and wet around the edges of the cap. Its a good idea to mist with any setup, but you only mist when needed. Geolite could harbor bacteria, but ait probably wouldnt change the air exchange. Chances are you used a crappy substrate like BRF and either are using cakes or cased to thin. SUbstrate nutrients and thickness, and having enough water are the most important things to a good flush with decent shrooms.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Symptoms of overmisting / too high humidity? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4423297 - 07/19/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Also overly wet mushrooms will have a slight translucent look to them as they swell with water. Puddling, run off, all of these can contribute to contamination. What you really need is a way of accurately measuring your RH at least until you get dialed in. Too high an RH can also be related to insufficient fresh air exchanges, but in your case if high RH is suspect then knock off misting, that's one reason your using a PMP in the first place (full auto). GL
P.S. Good FAE will also help combat contams. :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation