Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Horse manure not so innocent
    #4422567 - 07/19/05 08:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In case you guys don't make it to the news forum, a neighbor reported someone to the cops for a tarp of horse manure aging outside.  A mushroom bust ensued.  I never thought h/poo would even remotely ring a bell with anyone, let alone be enough cause for a bust.  Watch your tails and hide your poo (what is this country coming to? :mad2:)  I for one never regarded my horse poo pile with any amount of secrecy or security, but that just changed.  Just a heads up.

The bust video:

http://wcpo.com/cgi-bin/vembed.pl?vurl=h...;banner=wcpocom

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Horse manure not so innocent [Re: Holydiver]
    #4422583 - 07/19/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ha ha, elaborate setup. He had a Martha in his room, not a freakin' laboratory. It's funny how little authorities know about mushrooms. $30.00 a mushroom my ass. "He had about 100 mushrooms growing", sounds like a small operation to me.

I always keep my stuff under wraps. If the blinds are open, I close them, if I'm getting horse manure from my backyard, I do it at night.

Great post Diver. It really shows the public and authority's ignorance on the subject.

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #4422591 - 07/19/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Scary! $30 per mushroom aye? LOL! If he had eaten all those mushrooms he would die aye? LOL!  :lolz0rz:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Horse manure not so innocent [Re: Wronguy]
    #4422593 - 07/19/05 08:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sad...god damn, I havnt seen one news story on a mushroom bust that doesnt have tons of misinformation. "he had over a hundred mushrooms growing which go for about 30 dollars each on the street" and "they're a posion, if you eat enough of them you will die" are my favorites.

There have been to many damn busts recently and this is some stupid assed scary shit for sure....and everytime they say "we never expected this, weve never seen an elaborate setup ect ect"...trying to find where the spores came from.....not so good....nope I dont like none of this one bit.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4422612 - 07/19/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

http://wcpo.com/news/2005/local/07/18/monroe_mushrooms.html

Let's hope he didn't get the spores from a sponsor here :frown:
Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a bigger deal with the federales getting involved. Then we may all have to worry  :shocked:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Horse manure not so innocent [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4422634 - 07/19/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Sad...god damn, I havnt seen one news story on a mushroom bust that doesnt have tons of misinformation. "he had over a hundred mushrooms growing which go for about 30 dollars each on the street" and "they're a posion, if you eat enough of them you will die" are my favorites.

There have been to many damn busts recently and this is some stupid assed scary shit for sure....and everytime they say "we never expected this, weve never seen an elaborate setup ect ect"...trying to find where the spores came from.....not so good....nope I dont like none of this one bit.

i completely agree...... that whole story was riddled with misinformation.... and its always some dumbass kid that screws shit up for everyone else... i wouldnt be surprised if the  cops turn their focus to mushrooms. :frown:

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4422669 - 07/19/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yup , done in by everyone's biggest enemy, The Nosy Neighbor.

I'm not so upset with my Hubby now. He used to make me wait till it was "safe" to even bring in a bag of verm. or perlite or anything like that. He would always say peeps might wonder why someone in an apartment needs so much verm., or poo. Especailly when we don't even have a plant on the porch,lol. Makes me bring my poo in inside Wally World bags,lol. If only they sold it,lol. I'd buy it! Guess he was a little smarter then I thought.

Hope everyone learns a little from this, Never underestimate the danger of a nosy neighbor. Don't give them anything to wonder about. Not even cases of canning jars. Might think you're cooking up meth or something. Don't give anybody anything to be suspicious about. PEACE.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Horse manure not so innocent [Re: HippieChick]
    #4422681 - 07/19/05 08:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"He used to make me wait till it was "safe" to even bring in a bag of verm. or perlite or anything like that. He would always say peeps might wonder why someone in an apartment needs so much verm., or poo. Especailly when we don't even have a plant on the porch,lol. Makes me bring my poo in inside Wally World bags,lol. If only they sold it,lol. I'd buy it! Guess he was a little smarter then I thought."

Damn straight he is and its damn good advise that I follow myself. Everything comes in in bags or boxes and under the cover of night, or busy-ness.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Horse manure not so innocent [Re: HippieChick]
    #4422743 - 07/19/05 09:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Good advice Hippie. I myself never really thought about what my neighbors would think about bringing a ton of mason jars/ perlite/vermiculite into my apartment. But the times we live in are a little scary. Everybody is into everybody elses business. You've got neighbors videotaping neighbors doing "suspicious activities" and just general paranoia since 9/11. Hell, a nosy neighbor could make an entire case for the police against you!

"Can't we all just mind our own f%cking business?" :peace:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

#4423340 - 07/19/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What a fucking shame!!

I bring all of my shit in the house stealthfully too. And there's no way in hell I'll ever be the local shroom source guy either.

My shit is for local personal consumption only, and only for possible sharing at shows/festivals.

Sad, but that's the way it's got to be in this cesspool of a country.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Offlinebignorm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
Re: Horse manure not so innocent [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4423381 - 07/19/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I live in Ohio, and the legislature tried to pass a bill to make it illegal to ship spores to  Ohio...but it failed due to the fact that it would cost more to put the law on the books and enforce it,  than any amount of money that would be generated by the fines and arrests.....

:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Big Norm
Myconaut Adventurer

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: Horse manure not so innocent [Re: bignorm]
    #4423428 - 07/19/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They can't stop spores, any more than they can stop pot seeds from Canada.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom