Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Help me protect my B+ jars from contams! How should I sterilize my needle?
    #4422067 - 07/19/05 04:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I need to re-inocculate 5 jars and I need to make sure that my needle and syringe is 100% sterile.
    I inoculated 3 golden teacher jars and 5 B+ jars. I had some  Golden Teacher spore solution left over in a syringe from my last grow. It was enough to knoc' up 3 jars. I sterilized the needle with an alchohol flame for about 15 secs, then wiped it off with hydrogen peroxide. All 3 of those jars got contamanated! :mad: :frown:  I knoc'ed up 5 jars with B+ from a brand new syringe, the package was never opened. Never touched the needle or attempted to sterilize. All 5 of those jars show no signs of contams! :smile: But they are going slow as fuck compared to GT. :frown:  So I'm 100% sure that the Golden Teachers were contamed becuase of the reused syringe, not because of my sterilization proccess (pressure cooking and inoculation environment).
    All of my B+ jars are going SLOW. 3 show tiny signs of growth but only at 1 injections site, the other 2 show nothing at all. I'm going to re-inject all of these jars to get some mycelium growing at all 4 injection sites on all 4 jars. I need to know how to sterilze my needle to make sure it won't contam my precious cakes. I sterilized my GT syringe with an alcohol flame and then wiped it down with h2o2. There was still a little bit of air in the syringe that was pushed out before i inoculated. Is this where the contams came from? Any help would be great!

These or my B+
jars

These pics were taken 8 days after inoculation.

Here on 2 of the 3 contamed GT jars

I ordered my spores from spores101.com. My GT syringes have about 10 times more sprores than my B+. The GT syringes have huge clumps of spores but one of my B+ syringes has a very small clump and the other has barely any at all! Is this the reason why the Golden Teachers were taking off and the B+ are so slow? And also on my last grow all of my Golden TEacher jars grew from all 4 injection sites, on this grow my B+ are only growing form 1 site (if any) Is this cause the syringe didn't have much spores in it? Why did they hook it up so SHADY on the B+ syringes?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum