Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_nOOb
Stranger
These Blue Meanies?
    #4421860 - 07/19/05 01:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm new to schroom hunting, i went out last night (about 12hours ago and found these and aren't 100% sure if they are Blue Meanies. (I've never properly looked at one and am going by descriptions)

I found them in a pine forest in the Adelaide Hills, its been 2-3 days since rain.

http://www.bur.st/~eeno/flower/Shroom1.JPG

The mushrooms are between 14-16mms wide and would have been 30-35mms high when i picked them. The stem is about 2mms wide and is hollow. The stem is a greyish/whitish colour and looks like its made of thousands of grey hairs if you look at it closely, while the cap is creamy/brown with a smooth texture, they come to a point at the top and curl around at the bottom.

http://www.bur.st/~eeno/flower/Schroom2.JPG
http://www.bur.st/~eeno/flower/Schroom3.JPG

The mushroom stained a bluey colour after about 20mins, but has faded since then. You can still see it at the bottom.

On the ground they looked much like this picture from Erowid, but the caps are a little rounder.

http://www.bur.st/~eeno/flower/psilocybe_subaeruginosa-Erowid.jpg

Are these Blue Meanies?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: The_nOOb]
    #4422445 - 07/19/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The pics are a little blurry so its hard to say for sure, but they do look like they could be Ps. subaeruginosa to me. The habitat is right. If they definitley had a blue bruising colour and it wasn't just a 'oh I think that might be blue kind of thing then theres a pretty good chance that they are. The one thing that doesn't look quite right is the gills look a bit too pinkish, though that might be your lighting for the photo. Take a spore print and see what colour it is. If its a dark purplish brown kind of colour its most likely a sub.

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: zee_werp]
    #4426420 - 07/20/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

With the last pic i do agree on them looking like P Subs to me as well, but i agree that you should take a print to be sure. The last pic of them in the habitat makkes me really think so. DONT eat em till you know for sure though.

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: phishhead]
    #4426937 - 07/20/05 03:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Blue meanies are not P. Subaeruginosa.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #4427116 - 07/20/05 04:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah....well, in a sense they are, in the sense that 'blue meanie' has been used as a colloquial term for nearly EVERY species of bluing magic mushroom in the world, by some people at some time. Same for the term 'gold top'.

When it comes down to it, neither of the terms are a reliable description of the shroom, and its best to use simply their actual names. Cause seriously the blue meanie vs gold top thing has confused a lot of people.....

Shroomer 1: Whoa dude check out these blue meanies I found
Shroomer 2: Nah bro those are fuckin gold tops man!!
Shroomer 1: Nah mate these are definitley blue meanies
Shroomer 2: Listen, my mate told me those are gold tops, and he knows his shit!!
Shroomer 1: Well you must be thinking of something else, 'MATE', cause these are fuckin blue meanies!!

(a brawl ensues)

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
    #4427143 - 07/20/05 04:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the correct term is coppertops but most people call them goldtops in SA

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: tryptonite]
    #4427812 - 07/20/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

nuh uh dood.

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: psiclops]
    #4427828 - 07/20/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They look like Ps. Cyanafibrillosa (sp?)
But I have no Idea where Aelaide Hills is, and I don't think they grow very many place, AND they are strictly an Autumn shroom, as far as I know, but those DO SEEM to have quite a bit of bruising, and definitely have the characteristics of a psilocybe mushroom. Albeit, there is no positive ID, so do NOT EAT.....yet.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
    #4430109 - 07/20/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well i dunno about you but i have always known blue meanies to be Liberty caps aka P. Semilanceata. You cant just say they are blue meanies cause they bruise blue.

I know where your coming from but my point is, it is clearly written on many reputable sites that blue meanies are not simple every bluing magic mushroom, but Liberty Caps.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #4430176 - 07/20/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

^^ hehe, actually, Blue Meanies are cope cyan's.  But, there's  also a cubie strain called blue meanies as well :wink: .

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: coda]
    #4430196 - 07/20/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yea I understood it as blue meanies as in the strain of mushroom referred to as blue meanies not a term affixed onto mushroom that bruise blue, so the_notorious yes, your right, you can't say that, their any anyone who does...i don't know...
Take care

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: coda]
    #4432139 - 07/21/05 05:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
^^ hehe, actually, Blue Meanies are cope cyan's.  But, there's  also a cubie strain called blue meanies as well :wink: .

Im going to shutup now haha....not enough sleep  :crazy:

--------------------

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: These Blue Meanies? [Re: BetaDelta]
    #4432144 - 07/21/05 05:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Haha notorious, you're funny.

I take back what I said.

Replace "'blue meanie' has been used as a colloquial term for nearly EVERY species of bluing magic mushroom in the world, by some people at some time"

for the simpler, shorter "'blue meanie' has been used as a colloquial term for nearly EVERY species of magic mushroom in the world, by some people at some time"

Although I have seen bluing on Ps. scemilanceatas plenty of times, if you realllly want to get technical. Har de har harrrr. Maybe next we can discuss the exact pronounciation of 'subaeruginosa'.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag