Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheMadcap
Salad Fingers

Loc: Pennsylvannia, USA
eating mushrooms from potentially contaminated cakes
    #4421042 - 07/18/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I am pretty new to growing mushrooms and I have a few questions I am hoping that some of the all-knowing members of this board may be able to help me with.

I have a cake which has recently been birthed. I placed it into a seperate fruiting chamber because while it was still in the incubation stage I began noticing a light green color very slowly spreading @ one point in the cake. Fearing that this may be mold I wanted to keep it seperate from my other cakes.
The cake was birthed about a week ago and over that time the greenish color was slowly spreading. Now I have seen pics of different greenish molds (i.e. penicillin) and this doesn't really look much like them. Anyhow, I decided to scrape off the greenish parts and cover those sections with vermiculite to potentially protect the exposed areas (if that will do any good I really don't know). Underneath the mycellium there were no signs of mold contamination ( I am using brown rice flower for my substrate). It has been two days and no new green stuff has presented itself so far. This cake is by far my most successful with a dozen or so shrooms well along in the development stages. They look real tasty & I want to eat them when they mature...what do you think?

--------------------
They say it's tourist season...so why can't we shoot them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: eating mushrooms from potentially contaminated cakes [Re: TheMadcap]
    #4421085 - 07/18/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It's safe to eat mushrooms from Trich (green mold) infested substrate. This belongs in the contamination forum though, not trip tips.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineTheMadcap
Salad Fingers

Loc: Pennsylvannia, USA
Re: eating mushrooms from potentially contaminated cakes [Re: Holydiver]
    #4421132 - 07/18/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, it just got moved. I had trip tips bookmarked & thought that was where I was supposed to be. My goof.

--------------------
They say it's tourist season...so why can't we shoot them?

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: eating mushrooms from potentially contaminated cakes [Re: TheMadcap]
    #4421535 - 07/18/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yea just don't eat any with any mold ON them, and be real careful, just don't want anyone hurt ya know!
Take care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck