Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaskwhy2all
Stranger
Guiding a significant other through the spiritual world
    #4419378 - 07/18/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have a decent amount of experience in the spiritual world. I become extremely philisophical and thought provoked while tripping. I tend to be very playful and observational for the comeup and into the beginning of the peak. Then I turn completely to my thoughts on life, religion, nature, society, etc...and this takes the vast majority of my trip the rest of the way back to reality.

I love introducing people to this world and watching their faces as they make discoveries on their own. Try to teach them how to control what they see and how they think.

My gf has decided, completely on her own, that she would like to try them because of what I have learned from the experiences. My gf however has very little experience with drugs. Drinks on occasion, won't smoke anything but she has eaten pot brownies at least 5-7 times. My big concern with her though, is that she is a very "in control" person. She's always worrying about making plans, what she has to do tomorrow, what someone said to her today, etc... In other words she has a difficult time encompassing herself completely in the moment and nothing else. I've seen her do it, and she can but she doesn't do it often. So naturally I am a little worried that she will have a difficult time letting go of her ego and will inevitably get into circle thought patterns. But at the same time, I know if she is able to accomplish this, it will benefit her everyday life and stress level immensely.

An extremely low dose and working up is not something I agree with. I'm a firm believer that you need to jump into at least a level 3 your first time.

I've never tripped with a gf, we live together and have been together for years. So there will be a completely new aspect to this for me as well. Any advice for me about doing it with a significant other, and about doing it with someone with this type of personality would be helpful.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: Guiding a significant other through the spiritual world [Re: askwhy2all]
    #4419554 - 07/18/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i think the best thing you can do is explain everything you can to her about the trip and your spiritual thoughts on it. ive never tripped with a gf before, so theres not alot i can say to help you. ive also only tripped 7 or 8 times on mushrooms so i am no expert. since your such a spiritual person im sure you know how to relax your mind quite well, and though its definently not somethign you can just tell someone and expect them to do it, i think it will at least help to explain the idea to her and help her understand that there are other places than the ones we physically know.
Welcome to the shroomery!

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
Re: Guiding a significant other through the spiritual world [Re: askwhy2all]
    #4419738 - 07/18/05 05:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

askwhy2all said:
An extremely low dose and working up is not something I agree with.  I'm a firm believer that you need to jump into at least a level 3 your first time. 

I know what you mean, but you said yourself theres a risk she wont be able to let herself go. Jumping in too deep is the worst thing because not only can it be a horrible experience, but it can give leave the wrong impression on a person and put them off ever trying again.

Raising the level gradually helps you learn how to cope with the experience and the inital anxiety will be less intense, and less likely to hijack the trip. I'm normally an in control person myself which is probably why I've had some horrible trips. Even after hundreds of acid and shroom trips it's hard trusting myself with anything more than a low dose  :smile:

I think this is a great way to get a full on experience and it lets me go much further than I normally can - take a low dose for a light trip, wait till the effects start wearing off and you know you're back in control, then take a higher dose and most of the anxiety will already be gone, then you can really enjoy the effects.

--------------------
Every chance that you get, is a chance you seize.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience