Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
need advice quick!! morning glory killing my atropa belladonna??
    #4419064 - 07/18/05 03:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

last year i had some heavenly blue moring glories growing on the side of my house, i thought the below freezing winter killed the roots and whatever seeds that i did'nt keep, so this year i planted some atropa belladonna's in it's place on the side of my house..

the belladonna is going great, it's starting to flower and other than a few leaves lost to insects, it's looking beautiful and strong..  :thumbup:

my problem is, the morning glories are tuffer than i thought, i first notice the leaves next to my belladonna, and i basicly shit myself when i realised it was twisting and twining around my belladonna, of which i've come quite proud of, will the morning glory kill my belladonna? should i cut away the morning glories? could they both grow together? which would be pretty cool looking and strangely meaningful to me, (i've actully was planning on having a big ass tattoo of belladonna with morning glories twisting/growing around it, very symbolical and pretty, imo, hehe  :grin: )

the morning glories are very young, there's not many of them, as for as i can tell, it's only one mg plant, but i'll look again to be sure..

any advice?

thanks..  :grin: :thumbup:

: :heart: :smile: :mushroom2: :smile: :heart:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (07/18/05 03:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: need advice quick!! morning glory killing my atropa belladonna?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4419991 - 07/18/05 07:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i'm not much of an expert, but i don't see why it would kill the belladonna.

are you growing the belladonna to eat, or just to grow? just curious

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: need advice quick!! morning glory killing my atropa belladonna?? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4420168 - 07/18/05 07:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i'm growing it to poison unsuspecting trick-or-treaters this coming holloween, muahahahahahaha!!  :hellfire: :devilguy: :hellfire:

( J/K, hehe :grin: )

but seriously, i don't really do deliriants anymore, (i got a job i'm trying to keep and all sorts of shit now a days..) this garden is for eye candy and the fun of growing/gardening..

thanks for your oppinion on the morning glories..i was under the impression that "vine" plants like bindweeds and morning glories tend to strangle other plants??

--------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: need advice quick!! morning glory killing my atropa belladonna?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4422424 - 07/19/05 07:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Provide the mg with a nice stick for it to climb up, and keep checking on it. If you see it going off the stick and towards other plants, then gently unwrap it from the other plants and wrap it back around the stick, and maybe loosely tie it in place with some string.
I don't think it would be a good idea to try to grow it up the belladonna, I think you're right, I think it would strangle it, or at least pull it down.

Offlineblazed123
Bing

Re: need advice quick!! morning glory killing my atropa belladonna?? [Re: Openminded]
    #4426674 - 07/20/05 03:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with the stick idea. I had some mg's growing in a little area I dug out around my mailbox. Since it gets good light, I put my troft of daturas next to it...but the mg's started intertwining into the daturas. I had to keep untangling them and routing them up the mailbox instead, but once they took to the mailbox, they seem to be fine. As long as they have direction ...and its oddd how they seem to search things out. I was worried about the strangulation as well...plus I already had a plan for them. I ended up moving the daturas anyway and then a few days after the workers working on the house next to me backed into my mailbox knocking the post and all clear out of the ground and messing up all my hard work!! We can all laugh now though...they are finally starting to make a comeback...last year I had them in too little sn and only got one flower. I hope they still have time to flower and seed...anyone know how long it takes after flowers appear until they set seed? Thanx.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: need advice quick!! morning glory killing my atropa belladonna?? [Re: blazed123]
    #4427947 - 07/20/05 01:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

from what i understand, a couple weeks after it flowers (we are talking morning glories, right?) than the pods take a week or two to turn brown and crispy and ready for harvest..last year, my morning glories where ready for harvest around september/october, you should still have some time for them to grow bigger w/ many more flowers..

thanks guys for the advice, i'm doing the stick idea..

have fun..

:hippie: :flowerchild: :animal: :tripping: :animal: :flowerchild: :hippie:

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #4429798 - 07/20/05 08:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Definitely don't let those morning glorys get a stranglehold on your belladonna, those little suckers can be amazingly strong. Morning Glory is technically a weed and it can destroy entire gardens. It would be wise to grow morning glory in a pot with no drainage and give it a lattice to climb. Watch out next year when it seeds all over the place! I'd really recommend you destroy them early next year and go for the pot (or planter box) route.

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden