Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Loc: WAY out there.
Mexicana cult. log
    #441403 - 10/29/01 11:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hello
This is my second attempt at growing mexicana. The first time bombed out because I just tried to use BRF (dont try it is a waste of time).
This time I will be using grass seed, Scott's sun & shade mix contains:
62% Perrinnial Ryegrass
17% Kentucky Bluegrass
16% Creeping Red Fescue
I ran a couple of tests and found that a 2:1 ratio of Grass seed : water, looked the best to me.
Just got done pressure cooking 2 pint jars, and 2 1/2 pints for an hour.
I will Innoculate with a spore syringe that I got from www.sporeworks.com later tonight after they cool, or tomarrow.
My concern at the moment is the viability of the spores, the syringes are marked 2/01 and 3/01. Does anybody have any idea how long the spores of mexicana stay good?
Sorry, I do not have a digi cam, but I do however have a scanner so I might add some pics later on...
I will try and keep this thread up to date.

--------------------
It might be the early bird that gets the worm. But its the second mouse that gets the cheese

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Re: Mexicana cult. log [Re: anima]
    #441597 - 10/30/01 06:07 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The jars have now been innoculated. Time to wait.

--------------------
It might be the early bird that gets the worm. But its the second mouse that gets the cheese

Offlinepsilocybespawn
ol bastard

Loc: The Heartland Of America
Re: Mexicana cult. log *DELETED* [Re: anima]
    #441854 - 10/30/01 12:05 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by psilocybespawn

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Re: Mexicana cult. log [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #442349 - 10/30/01 07:14 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I forgot to mention that I put the jars in my cozy thermostat controlled incubator at 80 degrees F.
You have tamps? I AM SOO JEALOUS.
I'll eventually get some pics (probably just scans of jars/mushrooms/scleroita (sp?) maybe a polaroid if things get spectacular enough)

--------------------

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

#446357 - 11/04/01 03:41 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Update:
Germination!
I think I'll post again at 50% colonised.
Note: The jars seem to be a little dry(I went a little light on the water in the 2:1 seed:water ratio) I think I might add some 3% h202
until next time...

--------------------

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

#448259 - 11/05/01 09:00 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hey fellas check out my progress

Sorry about the glare, but it decided to grow on the bottom rim.
I still haven't added any moisture (h202) but the top layer of seed seems dry, I figgured I'd give the spores that decided not to germinate yet a chance to do so, and let the mycel get a little stronger before I go and squirt some h202 in there. (or I might just be lazy, or possibly this whole thread is a figment of a mere illusion...)
heh

--------------------

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

#449757 - 11/06/01 11:50 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ok I added 3-5ml h2o2 into the drier jars that I could see mycel in.
all the jars that I innoculated with the syringe dated 02/01 still have shown no growth (germination) yet.

--------------------

Offlinepsilocybespawn
ol bastard

Loc: The Heartland Of America
    #450193 - 11/07/01 11:51 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Did you start any agar cultures as a safeguard in case your multispore innoculations never take?

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Re: Mexicana cult. log [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #451330 - 11/08/01 03:14 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I am using no agar anything at the moment. I ordered a free sample though, sorry I don't remember the site.
I already have mycelium, the only jars that diddn't germinate were the jars that I innoculated with a syringe that I got from www.sporeworks.com that were marked with 02/01 the ones that were innoculated with the syringe from 03/01 are doing well. He had (has?) a deal 2 for 1 cause they are quite light, Its hard to get them to sporulate. (any tips would be great!?)
I would just make mycel-liquid innoculations if I want to further my cultures to later generations, but I would rather have a fruiting specimen to gather my material to make my liquid innoculations with, to ensure I get a fruiting strain (scleros or mushrooms).
I want some spore prints too!

--------------------

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

#461942 - 11/18/01 04:43 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

20 Days after innocualtion:

this is a half-pint jar, my other half-pint isn't as spectacular (more at the stage this one was at the last pic)...
Is it worth it to make just a 1/2 pint casing? Or should I wait for my other jar, and make it a little bigger?
I'll be waiting awhile longer anyhow.

--------------------

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

#465339 - 11/21/01 05:20 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

now my first jar is 100% colonised and it more or less formed into a cake (turning grey on the bottom). The second jar is still a couple days (weeks?) from even being 50%. The 2 pint jars still show no sign of anything.
So my question still stands...Is it a safe bet that I will be able to get a few sporulating specimens, and sclerotia from a little less than a 1/2 pint substrate if I make a casing (will plain verm do?)?? What kind of yeild can I expect?
I got my free agar sample today. (damn I love america) Whats better for mexicana PDA or MEA?. I will probably make some test tube slants later on to store some strains of my sporulating shrooms and we can't forget a sclero strain either.
Help me out here people...enlighten me.

--------------------

Invisiblesrivatsa
Stranger

#465412 - 11/21/01 08:29 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard that fresh potato agar works better than potato agar you can buy. You just boil cut up potatoes and make the agar with the water. You can do the same with corn too (dry or fresh). You can mix ingredients. You just need nutrients. I don't know what mexicana prefers but just make a few slants of different agar and post which agar supports faster colinization.

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Re: Mexicana cult. log [Re: srivatsa]
    #468849 - 11/25/01 12:33 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well' I am going to work out of state until this time next month, so sadly there will be no more updates until then. I hope they survive my neglect.
BTW I lowered my incubation temps to about 76 F
Until next time...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates