Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedupresblues
Stranger
Does size matter?
    #4416578 - 07/17/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just tried my first 1/8 yesterday and had an absolute ball. A few friends and I went to the local park and couldn't believe our eyes. But my question to you guys is I'm 6'2, 285 pounds and I experianced what I would call a 3- trip while my buddies who are more than 100 pounds lighter probably had 3+ or 4- trips. Does the fact that i'm bigger than them have somthing to do with this? If so, should somthing like 4.5gs get me to where I want to be? Thanks in advance for your help.

--------------------
" Some folks trust to reason, others trust to might, I don't trust to nothing but I know it come out right."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: Does size matter? [Re: dupresblues]
    #4416587 - 07/17/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

they say it doesnt.. but i think it does.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4416590 - 07/17/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery! Size shouldn't effect you too much IME.

PS...  nice nick :cool:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
    #4416591 - 07/17/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i believe it does because im 180 and my friend is 130, we both split an eigth, i barely tripped at all and he was full out blown. if you want to get were you want to be off an eigth then you should take an MAOI before hand along with vitamin c. youll have a blast and get double the experience for the same price.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

#4416596 - 07/17/05 09:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

no, size doesnt matter. they probably had emptier stomaches than you did. Or, likely they just described their trip differently than you did yours and it makes you think you didnt have as insane of a time, but im sure they were roughly the same on the same dose. i suggest you stick it to eighths for more experiences to come before you up the dose by a gram(it makes a big difference) up it to 4 first, then 4.5, if you do anything. but i still think you should experience an 1/8 dose a few more times before you up the dose. every trip is different depending on set and setting. stay safe.

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Does size matter? [Re: TheHook]
    #4416663 - 07/17/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa, wait up a mintue, do not go and use an MAOI. You just ate an eighth for your first, try eating a few more of those same doses first. And MAOI is a massively powerful experience combined with almost any amount of mushrooms. Do not so easily give out that advice, you may lead naieve people down a road they do not need to tread. MAOIs and mushrooms are only for people who like very long trips. It is not just a simple enhancer to get the most bang for your buck out of your shrooms. It is a very powerful entheogenic combination that is not for all.

A good eighth will get you where you want to go, that is if they are good shrooms.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinedupresblues
Stranger
Re: Does size matter? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4416706 - 07/17/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow you guys are fast, thanks so much for your replys. I'm suprised about the size thing I thought for sure that was it, I guese it must have been the taco bell haha... For my next trip I supose ill do some fasting and another 1/8th.

edit: Whoops I forgot to ask whats an MAOI, I've never heard of that before

--------------------
" Some folks trust to reason, others trust to might, I don't trust to nothing but I know it come out right."

Edited by dupresblues (07/17/05 09:31 PM)

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #4416751 - 07/17/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have also heard that "size doesn't matter" in regards to various psychedelics. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind this is. Perhaps the relative brain mass or number of receptors to whatever substance has little variance based on physical stature.

The main thing that I wonder about is total blood volume. Even if brain mass/receptor density was the same from one individual to another, the blood concentration of whatever substance is going to vary based on blood volume. The amount of whatever present will be the same, but more dilute by unit of volume as compared with a smaller individual.

I would think this would make for an overall milder (if, perhaps longer?) trip, due to the fact that it would take longer for an equivalent amount of substance to reach the active sites in the brain.

My 2 cents.

--------------------
\m/

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4416755 - 07/17/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Definitely fast before the trip (not necessarily all day, but certainly have an empty stomach. Don't worry about MAO-is.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: Does size matter? [Re: gdman]
    #4416771 - 07/17/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yea, whats the reasoning for saying size doesnt matter?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Does size matter? [Re: hempknight]
    #4416809 - 07/17/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've been around enough, with all different kinds of people, dosing mushrooms, etc. I've observed that size is not a big factor in dosing. Other factors play a bigger role. I've seen smaller people have to take 4+ grams to get going, I've seen rather large people tripping extraordinarily hard off of much lower doses.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #4416845 - 07/17/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Something else to consider is individual susceptibility to whatever chemical. Some people might simply be more sensitive to a given substance than others.

I'm somewhat of a hardhead when it comes to opiates, taking as much or more than friends with 40% more body weight than I have (I'm well below average.) When it comes to cannabis though, I'm between average and lightweight, taking less than my friends to achieve a similar level of intoxication.

I guess given the number of factors involved, things probably just average out: Blood volume (peak serum concentration,) sensitivity, expectation, amount of food in the digestive tract, prior experience with a given substance, etc... the list goes on.

--------------------
\m/

Offlinedupresblues
Stranger
Re: Does size matter? [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4417001 - 07/17/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I appreciate everybodys input, I'm glad I asked knowledgeable people before I went and got myself into trouble with too high of a dose. By the way GDman I'm digging your Jerry picture :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4417296 - 07/17/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think size is a factor, but its equal to a dozen other factors, and below a dozen others. Biggest one, is mind.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Does size matter? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4418039 - 07/18/05 05:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ecperience is important as a factor for first timers. Your first trip is likely be weak in comparison to following trips becase you dont know what to expect (and neither does your body). Now that you know what the experience is like, and exactly how it affects you, you should try another 1/8 (dont rush it though).
Size can be a factor, but more so in hight than wieght. overall body mass is unimportant but the length of certain affected body systems can give slight differences in dose. I think the digestive sytstem is a key factor here. Peoples stomachs work at different rates and not everyone's stomach is the same size. Also, people matabolize shrooms at different rates.

DISCLAIMER: Im making all these speculations based on common sense and a brief background in biology, so no real supported facts here.

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #4418131 - 07/18/05 06:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

MAOI(monoamine oxidase inhibitors)Mood stabilizers, Prozac,Zoloft...etc.
I wouldn't recommend taking these either. Have fun and be safe!

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Does size matter? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #4418319 - 07/18/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not to be nit picky, but Prozac and Zoloft are SSRis, which actually decrease the effect of psychedelics.

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #4419994 - 07/18/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanx for the clarification gdman. :biggrin: Btw, did you ever get my pm?

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder