Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Thinking about growing..but first:
    #4417570 - 07/18/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm thinking about growing but I literally have no experience with growing or the terminology. I've read some of the guides on this site and they seem pretty advanced despite being for beginners. Have any of you worked from the ground up (no pun intended) from the FAQs on this site and if so, how successfull were your yields?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: Newbie]
    #4417643 - 07/18/05 01:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes i have used nothing but this site, used the PF tek along with readin many threads on here, it will take u some time b4 u can start cos there is a lil bit to learn but no more than 6hrs of readin on here.

My first casin is pinning right now and have not had any contams or hickups, everything has worked as it has supposed to. I suppose i shoudlnt speak too soon but im pretty confident that the pins will turn into some nice yummy shrooms. Just make sure u practise very sterile procedures, thats the hardest part to this hobby, 2nd hardest is havin patience :wink:

Good luck with it.
Read the Teks many times over until u understand exactly what they say, if u still dont understand them do a search on what parts u dont understand, your question will have been answered b4 im sure.

Cheers

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4417722 - 07/18/05 01:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I started off following the teks, I used the MMGG. It worked fine for me. Just read alot and you'll get it, it really isn't that hard.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4417814 - 07/18/05 02:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds good...I've been looking for a new hobby and I'm willing to put in the time and money. If I buy everything (including the spore syringes) will they stay fresh and viable by the time I'm atually ready to start the process? What kind of timeframe do I have here to prepare once I order the perishable products?

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

#4417825 - 07/18/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I had my first spore syinge at least a month before I was ready to inoculate any jars. If you keep your syringe in the fridge it'll keep for years.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: beyondsisxth]
    #4417832 - 07/18/05 03:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm thinkin of starting with mexican cubensis, as they seem to be the most abundant...does anybody recommend anything else that is easier to grow?

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

#4417929 - 07/18/05 03:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nope, mexi cubs are VERY easy. An ideal first strain.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4418037 - 07/18/05 05:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
I'm thinking about growing but I literally have no experience with growing or the terminology. I've read some of the guides on this site and they seem pretty advanced despite being for beginners.

anything you have trouble understanding in the FAQ and other guides can easily be answered here... what I've learned from this site has substantialy aided me in this hobby

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4418060 - 07/18/05 05:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You can grow invitro PF jars which need no PC or terranium, misting, fanning etc. It would be a good start since it will show you the mushroom cycle and you do not have to be very clean. You should be able to get spores or a clone from the jars too.

Sclerotia is the easiest thing to grow

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4418067 - 07/18/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm surprised at the willingness of the boardmembers to help! Usually newbies get flamed and redirected to FAQ's but so far so good :-). I just purchased 12 wide mouth tapered 1/2 pint jars, a bag of brown rice flour, and (1) spore syringe kit (http://sporeworks.com/xcart/catalog/Psilocybe-cubensis--Ecuador-p-16159.html). Will this syringe kit inoculate 12 jars? They didn't specify the quantity so I'm kind of in the dark...

So all I need to buy now to begin the cake substrate is vermiculite, correct?

Edited by Newbie (07/18/05 05:43 AM)

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4418077 - 07/18/05 05:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Vermiculite and some H20 is all you need. I haven't ordered from sporeworks before, but if they have 10cc syringes like most vendors, they will actually be filled to about 12cc's which is 1cc per jar and is plenty to get your project started. :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: FooMan]
    #4418085 - 07/18/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Or you could start a LC. Hmm maybe not as this may be your very first syringe. Save 1cc of the syringe, then for your next grow read up about making a LC (liquid culture) you can inject your last 1cc into some honey water and then sterilize your now empty syringe. In a week you can have enough LC to do as many jars as you want. To inject small amount I find it easier to grasp the entire plunger and pull it up slightly while plunging it down, this stops it from jumping down when it overcomes friction which can lead to you injecting 1cc at a time when all you want is 1/4cc

OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: blackout]
    #4420019 - 07/18/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ya and a pressure cooker at least 8 quarts (ebay)you can boil brf cakes but it is not a reliable method and if you decide to try grains you will be happy you got it you might think about getting a pillow 100% polyester fiber as well then take a screw driver and a hammer to put a hole in the middle of your lid roll some of the pillow stuffing into a ball then pull through the hole half way(make sure it is a tight fit) then press the top and bottom flat it will be a filter and an injection hole just point the needle to four sides while injecting and cover the jars lids with tinfoil while you boil or pressure cook

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4420130 - 07/18/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Good going :tongue2:The first time doing anything is the hardest,
read the guides good, and plan it out in your mind after you have everything your going to need, i,m on my fifth grow from the ground up.
I always do a dozen pint jars, instead of the 1/2 pints, after the first flush, then dunk, and roll for more flushes. Right now its made about
6-7 dried oz,s, and probable will get another 6-7 before their dead.
I been using the Psilocybe Cubensis, golden teachers, and treasure coast :mushroom2:

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Thinking about growing..but first: [Re: rod]
    #4420187 - 07/18/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The best idea for your first idea is to find a recent tek and follow it to a TEE, there are lots of little things that can improve your yield, potency, etc. But you should do at least one good basic grow, this doesn't mean you have to start with cakes but its probably a better idea than casing for you first time.

Edited by Kingkole (07/18/05 06:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures