Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleimFrenchMe
Stranger
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada, Nor...
Saskatchewanian/Canadian Psychadelic Mushrooms?
    #4416057 - 07/17/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I come from Saskatchewan in Canada, and I've been doing some research as to which mushrooms can be found around where I live. I checked some other websites and a bunch of posts from the Shroomery, but it seems I can't find any information on which psychadelic mushrooms grow in Saskatchewan other than the amanita muscaria... If anyone could hook me up with a list of ALL magic shrooms that grow in Canada, maybe i could find myself a decent mushroom field guide and identify the ones that can be found in Saskatchewan... thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.
PS: If anyone who comes from Saskatchewan reads this, please contact me.

Peace :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Saskatchewanian/Canadian Psychadelic Mushrooms? [Re: imFrenchMe]
    #4416946 - 07/18/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hi I live in Bc,Canada
here's a list of all the mushrooms that grow in our area please note that there are different seasons for these mushrooms which you should probably look up!!
CANADA

British Columbia
Psilocybe baeocystis
Psilocybe cyanafibrillosa
Psilocybe cyanescens
Psilocybe fimetaria
Psilocybe pelliculosa
Psilocybe semilanceata
Psilocybe silvatica
Psilocybe strictipes = Psilocybe callosa
Psilocybe stuntzii
Psilocybe subfimetaria
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Conocybe cyanopus
Gym E1A nopilus luteofolius

:grin: :biggrin:
I'm personally looking for Liberty Caps a.k.a:Psilocybe semilanceata :mushroom2:
which don't have to many poisonous look alikes!!
Found August through December (with the main season being in October and November) often in large groups on soil, among grasses, in clearings, pastures, meadows, forest edges, open conifier woodlands, and on roadsides -- but never on dung -- in New York, northern USA, British Columbia, and Europe. Generally regarded as one of the most potent species
See they seem pretty easy to find don't they!! I personally have never hunted for them yet but i will try my luck as soon as the season comes!! :crazy2: :grin: :ooo:You'll find some good pictures at http://knarkkorven.magiskamolekyler.org/svampinfo/toppisar.html
It's in a different language but the pictures are Liberty Caps!!
:grin:
Glad to have helped you,hope you find some!! :smile:
P.S:They stain blue when they are pinched usually after 20 to 30 minutes(but always do a Spore-print if you are not sure!!)Done by removing the stem and placing the cap on a white piece of paper and putting a glass on top of it!Wait about 2-3 hours and the color the paper has is the Spore-print color!!

There are, of course, certain chemical applications used to speed up the bluing reaction which occurs in psilocybian mushrooms. One method involves "metol", a chemical used in photographic developing. "Metol" can be legally purchased from any camera and photographic supply outlet. Mix 1 part Metol with 20 parts water. Place the stem of the suspected mushroom in a "metol" solution and wait for approximately 1/2 hour.

If the solution turns blue, you have actually collected a mushroom containing Psilocybin!!!(The chemical in magic mushrooms that make you high!!)
Glad to have been of help!! :smirk:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification