Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

random acts of kindness
    #4415082 - 07/17/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

last night while waiting for the bus i met this guy who told me he was at the lowest point of his life. his dad died 4 days ago, the bank just forclosed the house (so he's out on the streets), he got divorced, had all these back surgeries, etc etc

so we're shootin the shit, he's probably about 45 years old or so, and eventually the subject of getting kicked out of the dorms came up. he said he threw a couch over a railing and got booted; i told him i got in trouble for smoking herb ...

he asks me if i could spare him a hit or 2, and i tell him i'd puff him down but we're on a main road and that'd probably not be the best idea. so i decided to run back to my apartment, grab him a nice nug, and come back and give it to him

on the bus he tried to give me some random shit for it but i declined, wished him the best with his life, and went on my way

:peace::happyheart:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: random acts of kindness [Re: dnL]
    #4415085 - 07/17/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That nug probably helped that man on more than one level.  :thumbup:

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4415086 - 07/17/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

wut kind of random shit?

thats nice of u for hooking him up:thumbup: id be pretty pissed if all that happened to me to

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4415116 - 07/17/05 04:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i was sitting in london stansted airport a few weeks ago, stuck there overnight waiting for my plane to leave early the next morning, and this guy from ireland started talking to me. we had quite the long and deep discussion about all kinds of things - turns out he was a recovered alcoholic (since 3 years), and was a very spiritual christian (was very much against the church, but very much for jesus, if you get the distinction). anyhow, conversation eventually turned to pot, and i felt quite bad when he asked if i might have a joint that we could smoke, and had to say no. well, it was the honest answer - i had been travelling by plane from france to denmark, via london (with ryan air it was the cheapest option for some strange reason) - and with dreads and a beard, i'm not about to try to smuggle drugs aboard a plane, plus had already begun my marijuana hiatus. hopefully i'll meet the guy again sometime in my life and will be able to kick him a nug. random kindness of strangers kicks ass.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4415126 - 07/17/05 04:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The other day i ordered an avocado cheese melt to go at this place and when I got home it was a tuna avocado cheese melt. Tuna makes me sick...so I went back to exchange it for what I actually ordered and asked the guy if this one was just going to get thrown out. He said yeah, so I asked to keep it and gave it to some guy begging for change a couple of blocks away. He told me to rock on.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: random acts of kindness [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4415133 - 07/17/05 04:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i was once driving down the street, and saw some guy with a sign "will work for food". i was with a friend who had ordered a sandwich with coleslaw on it, without knowing it (he hates coleslaw). we pulled over, and offered the guy the sandwich. but he refused it. :confused: i guess he just wanted money to get drunk, or also didn't like coleslaw, or thought we were trying to poison him, or something...

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: random acts of kindness [Re: Krishna]
    #4415141 - 07/17/05 04:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I usually give money to people who say shit like "Spare some change so I can get malt liquor" or "Spare some changs so I can buy some drugs" just because I really appreciate their honesty.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
Re: random acts of kindness [Re: Krishna]
    #4415157 - 07/17/05 04:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Those people always get messed with. Maybe he thought you jizzed all over the sandwhich. don't feel too bad about it, he probably wanted it, but is so used to the people that have stuff put down people like him with nothing left but wishes and dreams.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Slightly Nutty

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4415163 - 07/17/05 04:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That was very decent of you dnL! I'm usre that guy really appreciated that.  :thumbup:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: random acts of kindness [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4415171 - 07/17/05 04:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That was pretty awesome. You are a swell guy. :wink:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4415185 - 07/17/05 04:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub