Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
normal growth rate?
    #4414142 - 07/17/05 08:53 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks to everyone who has gotten me to this point. This is my first grow and I just wanted a little reassurance that my mycelial growth is of a normal rate. I have read a few posts talking about jars being done in 11-14 days. Is that from the time growth is first noticed or inoculation day? I am on day 9 from inoculation. I started seeing growth on day 4. The difference in the two pictures is 3 days.

6_days.jpg
This is day 6 from inoculation.

9_days.jpg
This is day 9 from inoculation.

Any feedback would be helpful as this is my third attempt at cultivation. On the first two tries and strains I had no growth at all and after two weeks and I just started over both times. This time things seem to be progressing normally I just want to make sure.
Thanks,
Toadstools :tongue2:

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: normal growth rate? [Re: toadstools]
    #4414151 - 07/17/05 09:08 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

All depends on what strain, your incubation temps, moisture level, substrate, incubated with spores or LC, luck...

My amazonian took over 3 weeks to fully colinise, my p.c. AUS ive recently incubated are going a lot faster, prolly bout twice as fast as the amazonians did.
I also notice that some jars will colinise a lot quicker than others even thou the same amount of spore solution has been injected.

On ya next grow tryin playin around with ya jars so u can see which ones colinise faster, ie change moisture level, different incubation temsp, and so forth, u will soon see what works best, dun worry if they take longer than what ppl post on here, they will still fully colinise if u have prepared them accordin to the tek, just might have to wait a lil longer.

Im guessin when ppl say their jars have fully colinised in 11-14days they are referin to the date myc was first spoted unless they inoculated with LC, would be pretty fast colinising strain otherwise, and i want some :wink:

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: normal growth rate? [Re: toadstools]
    #4414262 - 07/17/05 11:23 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

normal...there is nothing normal in mycology.

its all dependent on proper conditions.

proper moisture of substrate in your jars.

proper temps to colonize your jars.

proper fruiting conditions.

etc.

---

I have fully colonized pf jars in 7 to 10 days from a multi-spore syringe in optimal conditions.

South Americans are a very fast colonizers and fruiters.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
Re: normal growth rate? [Re: Roadkill]
    #4414347 - 07/17/05 12:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the help, They are golden teachers, and I have played around a little with the water content, the first two batches that grew nothing, I used the pf tek verbatim, this time I added an additional half cup of water to the 8 jar mix and I used tyvek instead of the metal disks that came with the jars. My incubation room temps start the day at about 80 degrees and peak at the end of the day at 86 degrees (we are remodeling so there is no insulation in the room) can this temperature fluctuation hurt anything?
Thanks Again
Toadstools  :grin:

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation