Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBCBudJohn
Foolhardy

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: Your opinion of the national news media? [Re: moog]
    #4416181 - 07/17/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The Canadian national media is pretty alright by me. Though it is publicly funded i believe, which is good and bad. Fox is ridiculous.

--------------------
Peace
John

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Your opinion of the national news media? [Re: BCBudJohn]
    #4417211 - 07/17/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I see several problems with the mainstream media:

1. It can be sensational, innacurate, and frivolous at times. People want sex, drugs, and rock n roll and the news media gives it to them.

2. Most news sources seem to have a bias. I absolutely hate this. I want pure information. I don't want cherry-picked stories and ideologue commentators. I am horrified when I hear any partisan posturing (whether it be muted or rancorous) being thrown into what should be unbiased news.

3. Commentator news (where someone talks about current events and injects their opinions) and "real" news is becoming more and more blurred. And I don't think most people even notice the difference. This is not good.

4. The presentation of political discourse and debate in the mainstream news media is abysmal and stereotypical. Usually it is presented in a "Democrat vs. Republican" or "Lefty vs. Righty" way. This homogenous view (God...I love that word) and presentation stifles true debate and thinking. This cookie-cutter view of what people think and should identify with makes me want to barf. It is a disservice to the American public. There are many other viewpoints and ideas that need to be brought into the mix and examined. This is exactly what John Stewart was trying to say on "Crossfire" during his infamous segment on that show.

Edited by RandalFlagg (07/17/05 11:28 PM)

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Your opinion of the national news media? [Re: Starchild]
    #4417309 - 07/17/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The media simply does anything possible to make money. It is a greed dominated industry like every other in a capitalist society. They will report on what will give them the most viewers/readers. They will also present it in a manner that will give them the most viewers/readers. I began college as a journalism major and I recently changed my major because I was disgusted by the way the news media is operated . Everything in the media is biased and its generally not because of any allegiances toward one side of an issue or another by the media agencies, it is based primarily on what will bring in the most money.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom