Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Hey I almost ate that
    #4412642 - 07/16/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My wife brought home some new rice food product. It is Uncle Bens precooked long grain brown rice. It is packaged in a on the shelf plastic throw in the mircrowave bag. 90 seconds and you have cooked rice. As I was about to throw it in the nuker............. Hum HEy!!!

This is pre sterilized rice grains :smile: And it is in a sealed sterial bag. SO I drop dinner scramble around get myself a cotton ball and some duck tape and a spore syringe. I soak the cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and hold it to the rice pouch and stick my syring thru the cotton ball and into the bag of rice. Then holding the cotton ball in place a seal it up with ducktape. I had to wait a few mins first for the alcohol to evaperate some what. Anyway now I have a sterial bag of cooked rice inocualted. Shit I then ran to the store and bought 10 more. My wife thinks I am nuts :grin:

I think I may have found a way to grow myc without a pressure cooker. 

I know this is going to work. Thought I would pass it on to you guys :thumbup:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4412661 - 07/16/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Kewl! And I just realized you're FuckNuckle!! Great to see you completely recoverd and back on the Shroomery!! :thumbup:

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: Kalix]
    #4412682 - 07/16/05 07:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yep I am back and Ok

Actualy I have been fine for quite awhile. Just been involved with many things.

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4412701 - 07/16/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You mean pre-cooked, does it actually say pre-sterilized on the package? Even if the rice itself is sterile, I doubt Uncle Ben's has expensive cleanrooms designed for the purpose of packaging up instant rice. Sterile product does not equal sterile packaging...it was probably bagged up in a warehouse or equivalent environment, far from sterile conditions. Their idea of sterile is most likely loading the rice up with preservatives.

Also, people have had less-than-stellar results using Uncle Ben's rice, check out Penlight's growlog w/ the stuff:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...e=0&fpart=1

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: Holydiver]
    #4412817 - 07/16/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Diver, my last grow was done with fresh ground U. Bens. I think I had decent results. The cakes colonized in ten days. I just posted some pics, check em out. I know there nothing like what's in your gallery, but I'm proud of them for my first poo run. :biggrin: BTW thanx for your help. :cheers:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #4412881 - 07/16/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

welcome back fucknuckle. glad you aint dead, jk, but seriously.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#4412961 - 07/16/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok first I am not talking about Minute Rice. I know very well that does not work well, very poor in fact. Found out that on my own.

I am talking about a new product. It is real Brown Rice, whole grian brown rice. It comes packaged in a bag. A clear plastic bag. It is wet cooked rice sealed in a sterial bag. The rice has got to be sterial because it sits in the closet until you need it.

If I took small micobags and filled themn with cooked whole grain brown rice and PC'd them this is what I can buy at the store.

It is about a pint of cooked whole grain rice in a sealed plastic bag.

Understand ?

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4412971 - 07/16/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I get it. Good luck with that, and keep us posted.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#4412985 - 07/16/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah right on. I have always been on a quest to make shroom growing as easy as it can get.

I am going to the companys web site and see if I can get soem pics of the new product.

Get back to you tommorow

--------------------

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4413007 - 07/16/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah let us know how that goes, think of the time that would be saved. Just innoc, tape, then put in the TIT. No more buying verm or BRF. Sweet........

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Hey I almost ate that ,UPDATE [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4430286 - 07/20/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Update people

I am on my way out of town but before I go I want to follow up.

It looks like the inoculation has happened with no contiams. 5 days has past and everything looks good. I do not post pics of my activites but here is a link to the Product I was speaking of.

Ok Next thing to do is once the little bags of Rice are fully colinized. Just do as Magash does or many of you do. Open the bags and dump the fully colinized rice into a container and case. Well you guys know what to do.

Anyway it looks so far I may have found away to skip the PC but you will still need a syringe. I am hoping this works so all of you who just want a quite little grow with nobody to have a clue what is going on can get away with it. The stealth possiablites of this tech are unlimited for thoose that need stealth :heart:

The only thing I am worried about is maybe there is some type of added oils or something that will not allow a healthy colinazation. I'll keep you guys posted

Here is the link

http://www.unclebens.com/rice/default.aspx?prod=92&tab=1

I don't know if this is avaiable in all areas but this stuff can be found in any big grocery store where I live. :thumbup: If not you can order it from the site

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Hey I almost ate that ,UPDATE [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4430342 - 07/20/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Im not trying to be a bummer, i really hope this works good. Did you think about air exchange? I call it will half colonize, fill with co2, get all expanded, and halt.

Just in case im right, how could you let the co2 out?

Maybe since the gas in the bag will cause a positive pressure inviroment, you could just remove the tape, press out the gas, and re-tape, without anything nasty getting in?

A little brain storming, and or a visit from agar should get this worked out :smirk:.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineimadouche
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4432916 - 07/21/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:

Sure man........... You have me buried already :grin:

Yes I am in trouble but the fact is I once made a very solid promise to God that I would not grow Cubies. I did not do what he asked me. And the fact that just as I started getting close to him again thru my talks here. It does seem funny that I would be suffering from such a thing.

You may be right that God in fact does have something to say to me. God has had a very serious plan for me. I was suppose to be one of his great warrior's. Not a rich guy with problems wtih drugs.

It seems that when you do things your own way and not the way God wants. He may in fact get your attention

He has it. :shocked:

What happened to the whole God loves me bullshit?

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: imadouche]
    #4432999 - 07/21/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know what all that was about but I was going to ask how gas exchange was going to be taken care of too.......

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4433021 - 07/21/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:lol: God will handle the gas exchange, no worries.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4438612 - 07/22/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bought 3 of these at $1.99 each. Not too shabby. The bags are not clear except for the very bottom. How can I tell if it is FULLY colonized?

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: deficitism]
    #4439329 - 07/22/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty anxious to hear of the final result as well. Good ol' Uncle Ben. He's a hellofaguy! While we are all waiting for the news, I'm still liking the WBR+WBS I made. They are colonizing very enthusiastically.
God, please let this work well for me and all my new, wonderful friends here at the shroomery. Amen. :bow:

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4439519 - 07/22/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just inoculated 3. I'll let you folks know what happens.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: deficitism]
    #4439607 - 07/22/05 07:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sorry, but I'll be pissed if it's as simple as 1) go to store, 2) buy rice cakes, 3)inoculate, 4) sit on your ass, and all this time we've been running around like idiots, doing all this extra stuff,
Take care

OfflineFreshCaps
Nor-Cal

Loc: The Cannabis State
Re: Hey I almost ate that [Re: BetaDelta]
    #4444490 - 07/23/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Update?

--------------------
THE BEST ASS:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck