Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRodRoddy

Good spores vs. Mail eradication
    #440757 - 10/29/01 01:49 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Now that the US Post Office is planning on eradiating all mail, will this kill our spores as well? I would assume, if it kills anthrax, it will kill any other type of spore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: RodRoddy]
    #440765 - 10/29/01 01:58 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

a few people have brought this up already i guess there gonna insttall in d.c first but itll travel all over the us and it will killa cubie and other spores considering anthrax is much "harder" to kill then a psilly spore

Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
    #440829 - 10/29/01 03:08 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thats a good question. I think spores in syringes would be alright, but prints I think would be far less safe, but I realy don't have any idea. Scary thoughts

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #440986 - 10/29/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like some creative labeling may need to be put into practice. Such as "DO NOT IRRIDIATE. Contains live Agaricus Bisporus spores and/or cultures"

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Anonymous

Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #441069 - 10/29/01 06:49 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Canada Post is also looking at it's options.

As is the SporeLab.

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: ]
    #441109 - 10/29/01 07:29 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Crap.. Well if labeling is available dont ya think that would cause the problem of the terrorist manipulating that and sending anthrax like that?

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: Syd_barret]
    #441110 - 10/29/01 07:30 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Same thing that I was thinking.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #441114 - 10/29/01 07:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Say, here is an idea! Maby people can find away of FAXING SPORES!...... ah... well, I guess then they would just fax anthrax too... hmm. This is a toughy.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineabsoluteZero
    #441124 - 10/29/01 07:43 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Does UPS or FEDEX use those machines? its more expensive but gotta do what ya gotta do.

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: absoluteZero]
    #441268 - 10/29/01 09:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well, looks like I got mine just in time then. I dont think my parents would like the little warning sticker. It'd make my "itscomputer stuff" excuse a little invalid.
So much for trying other races though, I might have to wait till university in the fall for that (hello dorm room)

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

#441313 - 10/29/01 09:59 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well they would probably inspect labeled packages. If they don't contain white powder, and aren't being sent to government or high profile places, they will probably be sealed back up, stamped "inspected by USPS" then sent on their way. They won't stop purple spores from being sent, just white ones.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #444296 - 11/01/01 02:20 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

but if they xray that shit, wont they think theres somethin wrong with syringes being sent?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #444465 - 11/01/01 08:13 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Would you open a package with that "Bio" label if you weren't expecting one ? No.
Should the senders name be on the package for you to recognize ? Yes, Post office will make it mandatory.
Now, i don't see a terrorist going to the post office with a fake ID sending a "Bio" package with no sender name to someone. Post offices will surelly control every aspect on that kind of mail.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: MAIA]
    #444531 - 11/02/01 08:45 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

but is there a problem with sending spores and syringes?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Anonymous

Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: downforpot]
    #444583 - 11/02/01 09:30 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ever heard of fake sender names? Making that mandatory would do nothing.
At this point, the spores still seem to be getting through. I would presume there will be something in place for legit packages containing cuttings, seeds, etc. Perhaps some of the vendors may find themselves applying for permits or whatnot.

Time will tell.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: ]
    #444644 - 11/02/01 11:00 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

seeds and live plants are what have me the most worried. They'll have to come up with some system so that they don't kill all these. I know there is a large number of seeds that are sent through standard mail every day.

--------------------

OfflineXxMuSHRooMHeaDxX
enthusiast

#444693 - 11/02/01 12:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

theres a good thread about this subject at spiritplants.com board , sorry i dont have the link. but it was talking about if you put your spores in tin foil then that would reflect the beams or something like that . go check it out there might be hope for us yet. peace

XX

--------------------
"Put the past at rest , Live your life to please"
Mushroomheads Official Site
Free Spore Ring
Myco-Elite
All above are lie's.

OfflineFelixHell
Stranger
Loc: NJ
    #444794 - 11/02/01 01:42 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm new here, but i recently sent for some spores from Peruvian Journey and i called them to question whether or not the spores would be ok with all this xraying going around... they said it'd be fine.... but i haven't received my shipment yet so... i'll see?

*Felix*

--------------------

be of good flavor
*Felix*

OfflineCatzeye

Loc: The South
Re: Good spores vs. Mail eradication [Re: FelixHell]
    #444834 - 11/02/01 02:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ah come on you guys. Do you honestly think the US Postal service is going to implement High Powered X-Ray devices in every major post office in the U.S. to kill anthrax. I think not! If they do the only thing that will probably get fried are the postal workers. X-Ray machines can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, nothing like this is going to happen soon. Just think of how long it takes for any change to occur in any branch of the goverment. Puhlease! Don't be Paranoid! If they do use some kind of High energy X-Ray machine there will have to be extensive training and testing done for whoever runs the damned thing. That would take months! Not to mention the Millions of dollars it would cost to buy such devices and set them up. The truth is, the only way to prevent the spread of Anthrax is to educate the American people on what to do if they recieve a suspicious package and to possible start testing people to see if they cary the antibodies for the disease. Education is the solution to this problem. Knowledge is Power! Keep in mind that our government may have started those rumours about decontaminating the mail to throw off Terrorists, make them think the mail delivery route won't work for their attacks. It's all about propaganda people. Also, if they use Microwaves the risk of damaging spores prints is very slim. First of all, for a Microwave to cook something it has to have water in it. Try microwaving a dry rag and see how warm it gets. It's cold. Then microwave a wet rag, it's hot as hell! Microwave radiation causes the Oxygen molecules in water to "Jiggle" thus producing thermal energy and cooking the surrounding molecules. This could be very destructive to spore syringes depending on how much microwave radiation is used and for how long. Also, spore prints would be ok most likely because the spores are normally very dry and therefore can not produce much heat when Microwaved. If anything, the Postal Service will start sanitizing mail packages with Lysol or some other anti-microbial spray. The possible use of strong UV Lights could also help kill harmfull bacteria. I'm sure they will also start checking all foreign mail and suspicious looking packages. As long as our friendly spore vendors clearly state on the syringe what the product is we should all be getting spores for donkey's years. There are certain substances that are Microwave proof. I forget exactly which products do this but Microwave Radiation does not have quite the penetration depth that X-Rays do. Anyway, this is just my opinion. I guess time will tell. If it happens, it happens. It may be a sacrifice that we have to make, especially if it saves the lives of Americans. I personally think the postal service should launch a satelite into space and orbit it over Afghanistan, then send microwaves and X-Rays to the Taliban's Headquarters. LOL!

Rauwwwww...Hissss....Pfit........Scratch Osama's eyes out!

~Catzeye~

--------------------
~It is Green, It Is AquaMarine~
It is Colors I have Never Seen.
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale