Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinexadin
Stranger
first time trying shroom questions
    #4412390 - 07/16/05 07:11 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

well, iv been smokin weed for like 2 years now and a few buddys have taken shrooms once or twice latly and they wanna take me to see charlie and the chocolate factory after eating like 2 grams or something. i was just wondering is there any difference between taking them by eating the cap and stem itself or by taking it in a powdered form, also whats the best way to take the powdered form of a mushroom. when it comes to dosage iv been talking to a number of people i know who have tried em and they all tell me different, some say no more then 2 grams on your first time, while some say no less then 4 to get a good trip, so im a little confused i dont wanna fuck up and end up with a bad trip and a bad experience. also iv been seeing the word 'salvia' around quite a bit but i cant seem to figure out wtf it is, so if anyone could inlighten me it would be much appreciated.

thanks alot guys

Edited by xadin (07/16/05 07:12 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: first time trying shroom questions [Re: xadin]
    #4412420 - 07/16/05 07:22 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Movies on shrooms may be enjoyable, but you'll never learn anything from them, and it's generally a waste. Go out into a forest or something, meditate, have conversation with friends, etc. That's just my advice, though, please do whatever you're most comfortable with! I just know I would hate tripping in a movie theather.

There is no difference whatsoever between cap and stem potency, as psilocin and psilocybin are distributed evenly throughout the organism.

2g, depending on potency, is usually a good dose for a first trip, in my opinion.

Salvia is a VERY powerful hallucinogen unlike any others out there. I strongly discourage you from using it until you are experienced with other psychedelics. Although salvia is totally unique, experience can always help, especially when in a bad situation.

peace

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: first time trying shroom questions [Re: xadin]
    #4412433 - 07/16/05 07:29 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Depending on what you're looking for, you might want to take 1.5 grams for your first time.  If you think you are prepared for a psychedelic experience, then you might want to take 2 grams. 

I would never recommend 4 grams to a newbie.  Ever. 

It's best to start with a small dose to familarize yourself with the drug effects so that you don't get more shroom then you can handle. 

1.5 - 2 grams watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be AMAZING.  I imagine you'll see more color then you ever believed existed! 

But I recommend you read all you possibly can about tripping on shrooms before you take them. In my sig, there is a link to the Tripper's FAQ.  I advise you to read it.  The FAQ will answer many of your questions!  :smile:

You've already made a great step by coming on the Shroomery and asking for advice before you take the plunge.  Good for you, that shows a lot of foresight and responsibility. 

If you have any other questions, please ask.  :smile:

*me*

p.s.

Both caps and stems hold potency.  If they are powdered, simply mix them in orange juice and drink.  :crazy2:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: first time trying shroom questions [Re: MOTH]
    #4412486 - 07/16/05 07:54 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

What they said, except for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory thing.
I think that would be a stupid and irresponsible idea. Even at low doses, people can freak out at the effects of an unfamiliar substance. Public forums are TERRIBLE places for your trip, especially when such forums demand silence. A good way to get busted.
My first trip was at an apartment swimming pool, and i can say that it was one of my best trips. But swimming pools are perfect for such behavior as screaming and flailing around mindlessly.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: first time trying shroom questions [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4412492 - 07/16/05 07:57 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

If xadin has a sober friend he can go see the movie with, I don't see the problem. Obviously someone has to be ground control.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: first time trying shroom questions [Re: MOTH]
    #4413429 - 07/17/05 01:25 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:02 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience