Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Legal risk assessment (UK)
    #4410843 - 07/16/05 06:10 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was just wondering if someone could advise me on certain legal risks.

If I were to recieve 0.8 grams of dried mushrooms by post from outside the UK, addressed directly to me, and they were to be found by UK customs, could I be arrested and / or charged for this, or would they simply be witheld and destroyed by customs? If I got into trouble, could I get away by claiming that they were "dried naturally" (they still look like shrooms)? What do you think in the worst that could happen?

Of course, I respect the fact that probably none of you are lawyers, and I take full responsibility for my decisions. I just want to get an idea of the possibilities if things go wrong so as to assess whether to go ahead with this or not.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Legal risk assessment (UK) [Re: TurricaN]
    #4410858 - 07/16/05 06:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

AFAIK they can only bust u if you open the package, so if it does arrive just leave it sealed soemwhere in ya house until some time has gone past, if they do ask just say someone else must of sent it, prolly playin a joke on you. But more than likely it just wont arrive, u may recieve a letter sayin customs intereceptabled a package which they cannot forward onto you.
Im going by what happens here in Australia too, but im guessin it would be similar over there.

As long as its just dried shrooms and your name on the evelope, ie no reciept in there with your bank card :P, then they cant prove u asked for it or sent it.

Someone in the UK can prolly advise u better.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: Legal risk assessment (UK) [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4410882 - 07/16/05 06:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I had another thought.  It could be a birthday present in a birthday card sent by someone without me knowing, who didn't leave their name.  My birthday is coming up pretty soon, so maybe it would work. :smile:

Edited by TurricaN (07/16/05 07:03 AM)

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4411005 - 07/16/05 09:37 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

get a grow kit sent to you. that way you won't have any illegal chemicals in the package, so customs would have no grounds to confiscate it i think. that's what i'm going to do anyway.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
    #4411011 - 07/16/05 09:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It's a good bet the shrooms will get through customs. BUT...

Two things, customs could confiscate the package and just send you a letter but for a Class A controlled drug that's unlikely. They could carry out a controlled drop on you - when you recieve the package the cops come in with a battering ram shortly afterwards and search your house for any other substances, probably seizing your computer/mobile phone in the process. If you just had the mushrooms you'd be charged with possession and importation of a class A drug. You'll probably have to wait 6-12 months with the very real threat of prison hanging over you until they get round to court. Forget about any excuses like "sun-dried" or "leaving the envelope unopened on the side" if you try pulling shit like that the judge will think you're a smartass and give you the harshest sentence possible. If it's your first offence and you plead guilty to everything at the earliest possible opportunity you'll more than likely just be fined many hundreds of pounds and be splashed all over the local newspapers.

Why not just grow some? You can buy sterilsed rye bags and spore syringes from UK shops that are fool proof.

Offlinealsey

Re: Legal risk assessment (UK) [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4411014 - 07/16/05 09:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:
Why not just grow some? You can buy sterilsed rye bags and spore syringes from UK shops that are fool proof.

do the shops in camden sell those things? will they continue to do so once mushrooms are illegal?

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Legal risk assessment (UK) [Re: alsey]
    #4411423 - 07/16/05 12:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

if not, hurry! u have 1 day

Offlinealsey

Re: Legal risk assessment (UK) [Re: memes]
    #4411448 - 07/16/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i'm living with my parents for the summer, so i can't really grow shrooms right now. i'm waiting till i move out again in a couple of months.

--------------------

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: Legal risk assessment (UK) [Re: alsey]
    #4418833 - 07/18/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I was going to mail them to myself from Holland to my parent's house so I could trip at a rock festival that I'm heading back to the UK for. Hence, growing at such short notice is out of the question. But I've decided against it anyway.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience