Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, HPS, Hydroponics Supplies, Microscope, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
"Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH]
    #4410371 - 07/16/05 02:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Area cops uncover major mushroom operation
July 15, 2005 - daytondailynews.com

MONROE, OH -- Monroe detectives said they uncovered the first major growth operation of psychedelic mushrooms in this area in the bedroom of Richard Green of the 100 block of Wyndcrest Drive.

The uncovered crop was the culmination of nearly a month of investigation that involved collecting information from residents, according to Detective Michael Staples of the Monroe Police Department.

The drug, known as psilocybe cubensis, is a hallucinogen that is usually eaten. It alters the perception of sights and sounds when consumed.

Possession of even one mushroom is a felony charge, Staples said; quite a few of them were sprouting from Green's production plant, he said.

Police said Green had "one of the most elaborate setups" for cultivating mushrooms that they'd ever seen, which included horse manure, racks holding seven large containers of soil, a syringe containing thousands of spores, two humidifiers, a food dehydrator and an instruction manual downloaded from a Web site that outlined cultivation techniques for the illegal mushrooms.

Staples said their investigation revealed that Green used this process to cultivate mushrooms: He stored mushroom spores in mason jars and mixed them with purified water, which he injected into soil with a syringe. He also kept masks and latex gloves on hand, which he most likely used to keep his "garden" sterile. A food dehydrator was used to dry the mushrooms after he harvested them.

Staples said it took him and three other officers nearly an hour to remove all the equipment from Green's house.

"We told him he should use his ingenuity for something less criminal," Staples said.

Green - who has not yet been charged by Monroe police for the alleged drug cultivation - was booked at the Butler County Jail for violating a prior probation given in 2002 for selling marijuana, according to Butler County Jail officials. Investigators believe he had grown quite a few crops of the mushrooms over the past few months and was possibly selling them.

"I can't see (growing) this many for personal use," Staples said.

One crop can be grown in only five to seven days, Staples said.

The mushrooms will be sent to the Bureau of Criminal Investigations in London, Ohio for a laboratory analysis of their chemical composition, which will allow investigators to determine whether they contain active ingredients, according to Ron Dye, assistant director of lab operations at the bureau.

Butler County officials said they haven't seen enough cases of the drug's sales in this area to have any estimate of its street value, which would depend on the quantity and quality of the substance.

"There's not a lot of precedence at this point; it's fairly rare in this particular area," said Detective Monte Mayer, public information officer for the Butler County Sheriff's Office.

Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper and Detective Dan Bussell - who has been with the Monroe Police Department since 1978 - both said this is the first time they've ever heard of a growth operation taking place in the county.

There have only been a few sporadic sales of mushrooms over the past 15 years, mostly in the Oxford area, Piper added.

Edited by veggie (07/16/05 03:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Major mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: veggie]
    #4410420 - 07/16/05 02:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

doesn't sound to impressive but that guy is going to have his life fucked.  "usually eaten"  I do extractions and I inject it into my body. :smirk:

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: veggie]
    #4411223 - 07/16/05 11:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
[The uncovered crop was the culmination of nearly a month of investigation that involved collecting information from residents, according to Detective Michael Staples of the Monroe Police Department.

this is disgusting. if they put this much time and energy into busting gangs or rapists maybe they could save lives instead of wreck them.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #4411374 - 07/16/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus, this really sucks.

"One crop can be grown in only five to seven days, Staples said."  Wrong, maybe from pinning to maturity, but they forget the other steps of culti to get to that point, which usually take 15-20 days before one can even expect to see mushrooms.

Anyways, this guy violated his probation, and that's why they were on to him?  Dumb and dumber, that's like speeding while moving product in your car. :rolleyes:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineRetired
Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: Holydiver]
    #4411386 - 07/16/05 12:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah that is rough shit...

After my next CROP comes in im going to give up growing for a while...

I would hate to be fucked in the ass by the system!

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: Retired]
    #4416744 - 07/17/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

a syringe containing thousands of spores

omg, are you serious, thousands of MICROSCOPIC spores? wow. thats a fucking shitload! :rolleyes: man that might spice things up for a grandma, but we all know thats about gay. could have atleast said millions, stupid asses.

Quote:

an instruction manual downloaded from a Web site that outlined cultivation techniques for the illegal mushrooms.

wonder what member it is.

Quote:

He stored mushroom spores in mason jars and mixed them with purified water, which he injected into soil with a syringe.

close...but not quite mother fuckers.

Quote:

"We told him he should use his ingenuity for something less criminal," Staples said.

less criminal?  so he should use it for criminal activity, just not quite as horrible as growing mushrooms, huh?  fucking duh.

had to pick this shit apart further, you missed some things.

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #4418679 - 07/18/05 01:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They arent going to be specific about growing procedures, I can understand that one. The "thousands of spores" is a good way of exagerating without lying, assholes..and the 5-7 days thing is misleading while lying.

This SUCKS. I really hate this shit...it makes me imagine the police report if they raided this place...I've got BILLIONS of spores....

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Loc: eye of the beerholder
    #4419473 - 07/18/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So close to home...literally. Cops around here are dumbernshit about mushrooms, though, which means this guy only had to tell a one or a few people about his cultivation before the word spread.

This article definitely contains some misinformation; the Dayton Daily News among most other newspapers have made sensless and unfounded reporting a true science for idiots.

Feed the masses.

--------------------
Live free or die.

Invisibleveggie

#4422205 - 07/19/05 05:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Same story, different source. This reads almost as joke or satire. I post this to show how misinformed and ignorant the media and law enforcement are regarding mushrooms (at least in this town) Oh, check out the video too...

"Magic Mushroom" Operation Found In Monroe
July 18, 2005 - wcpo.com

Hallucinogenic mushrooms are a drug commonly found on college campuses.

That's why detectives in Monroe say they were shocked to find shelves of the illegal mushrooms inside an apartment on Wyndcrest Court.

Inside the downstairs apartment of the Monroe home police came across an elaborate mushroom growing operation.

Photos show the homemade terrarium lined with trays of the hallucinogen most commonly known as "magic mushrooms." "I've never seen or heard of anybody else with this type of elaborate system," said Detective Mike Staples, of the Monroe police department.

"Typically you'll find a college kid who has a couple in his possession," said Staples, "but, you'll never hear about any grow operations."

That is, until now.

Investigators say in this operation they found 24-year-old Richard Green was growing about one hundred mushrooms.

They go for about 30 bucks each on the street.

Detectives say Green claims he grew them all for himself. But they don't buy it.

"It's almost like a mild poison so if you eat too many of them you can actually die," said Staples. "I'm saying there's no way he could eat all those."

Investigators were tipped off to the house by neighbors who noticed a slab of animal manure outside the home.

Police say it's a key ingredient to mushroom cultivation.

Others say they never expected anything suspicious.

"I was shocked," said one neighbor. "I had no idea that he had such an operation going on."

And police say what was going on was potentially very dangerous.

"They're altering their sense of perception any time," said Staples. "That's a dangerous situation not only for you, but the people around you."

Green is now being held in the Butler County jail.

Investigators are trying to determine where he got the spores to grow the mushrooms and who he may have supplied them to.

"Magic Mushroom" Operation Video Clip

Edited by veggie (07/19/05 06:01 AM)

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4422502 - 07/19/05 09:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Very interesting Veggie.  This is a new one to me:

"Investigators were tipped off to the house by neighbors who noticed a slab of animal manure outside the home."  So, horse manure is now considered a key component to producing mushrooms to the average joe public?  Just great, picking up a little horse manure for the "tomato garden" suddenly became a little more dangerous.

"Investigators say in this operation they found 24-year-old Richard Green was growing about one hundred mushrooms.  They go for about 30 bucks each on the street."  By that logic, this guy had $3,000 of shrooms in that martha closet.  More like an ounce or two dried at the most...that setup was far from elaborate or professional, ha ha.  A more accurate figure would be $100 after all was dried and done.  Nothing special there, wait until these pigs find a REAL mushrooms operation one day, they'll shit themselves.

People should try to operate a bit more clandestine if possible.  Soon horse manure will be on everyone's minds just as a hydroponic system or high pressure sodium lights would ring a bell. :mad2:

Anyways, I feel for that guy, it could happen to anyone.  Hopefully that wench of a neighbor gets hers in the end.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #4422571 - 07/19/05 10:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"They're altering their sense of perception any time," said Staples. "That's a dangerous situation not only for you, but the people around you."

Meditation's next on the watch list, boys!

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4422588 - 07/19/05 10:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

<<"It's almost like a mild poison so if you eat too many of them you can actually die,"

:mushroom2: :rofl: :mushroom2:  Actually this misinformed propaganda spouting asshole is right to some degree.  If you eat too many of them, your stomach might explode and you would, in fact, die.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: SuperD]
    #4422602 - 07/19/05 10:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ah, thats good that this is the same story, I saw Diver post the video in mush cult and I thought it was ANOTHER bust I was coming to read about, thanks for the update veggie, I REALLY like knowing how these things came about...

I bet the neighbors didnt even see the shit and suspect something suspicious, but they didnt want a pile of shit that could be seen from there house, possibly even smelling it up if its still leaching and aging...so they call the cops just to get the guy to get rid of it, but they figure its suspicious. Just a guess..I wouldnt expect a random person to know what thats for, and IF they did, I wouldnt expect them to rat anyone out.

I wonder if it was a member here...they're trying to find where he got the grow instructions and the spores...using a greenhouse like that and from the video its quite damn likly he got his info from here, and most who get there info here, order spores here...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4430750 - 07/21/05 12:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

man im really upset at the bullshit that piglet said about shrooms... it didnt even make any fucking sense, what a cocky fucking idiot, look at him, so cocky.

and look at that grow, are you kidding me?????

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

#4430861 - 07/21/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

and hey, now that i think about it, i bet he didnt even get to try out poo yet. i bet that was going to be his first attempt at growing with poo. look at those trays and the shrooms growing from them. thats not fucking bulk.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4431161 - 07/21/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wow that article is crap and the pictures of the mushrooms are very unimpressive. Id say its very far from major shroom operation compared to the amount of fungus that circulates around here.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4431424 - 07/21/05 02:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Green_Glow said:
and hey, now that i think about it, i bet he didnt even get to try out poo yet. i bet that was going to be his first attempt at growing with poo. look at those trays and the shrooms growing from them. thats not fucking bulk.

Thats what I was thinking. Looks like a Magash copy to me...

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: baraka]
    #4432279 - 07/21/05 09:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
Wow that article is crap and the pictures of the mushrooms are very unimpressive.  Id say its very far from major shroom operation compared to the amount of fungus that circulates around here.

I guess that's what makes it even more sad...the guy is a noob, barely a chance to get that first decent pinset and the cops take him away.  :sad:

I have yet to see a high output mushroom op (to my standards at least :smirk:) busted in USA, detailed in the news.  The LEO's would really have something to report then, instead of making a fuss over a few small casings in a martha.  Those morons, this war against drugs in an upside down shit storm, and it will always be failing at best.  The wrong people are in jail, meanwhile white collar crooks who steal millions of dollars a year from corporations get off nearly free.  But it's good to know this John Doe, who has an interest in mushrooms and elightment (god forbid) is behind bars and no longer a danger to society. assholes 

Hopefully, we didn't lose a member over this.

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#4439397 - 07/22/05 08:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

what a fucking idiot

"UUHH ddeerrrr mushrooms are poison too many will make you die ddrrr drrrr"

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT.

god he even looked like he had downs. must suck to have downs cops.

never in my life have I heard so much misinformation spouted in such a short time period.

looks like the only investigating that fucktard did was sticking his fist up his ass and pulling out those facts.

and ELABORATE SET UP? Please. There was a fucking 2-liter pepsi bottle with tubes in it.

what a bunch of idiots.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: "Major" mushroom operation uncovered [OH] [Re: StonedShroom]
    #4443130 - 07/23/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hell if they think THATS elaborate i wonder what they would say about some other people ive talked to *cough* lmao

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, HPS, Hydroponics Supplies, Microscope, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service