Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
Stems but No caps, Why?
    #4409143 - 07/15/05 09:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This is a question about my first and only grow up to this point that occurred many moons ago. Back in 1989 I saved a bag of mushroom shake from a Pittsburg Civic Arena dead show. I figured wild mushrooms grow on poop why can't I grow some. I took a 1 quart mason jar that I borrowed from my mom, stuffed it with wet green cow poop and microwaved it for about 20 minutes. After it cooled down I dumped the bag of shake on top. (I did'nt even know to worry about contams at the time) I stuck the jar in the back of my closet and after about three weeks the jar was almost totally white. I figured shrooms pop up after a rain so I gave the jar a heavy misting with my moms plant sprayer and stuck it back in my closet about a week later I started seeing white dots, then the dots got bigger and I started to realize I had baby mushrooms as the cap area of the mushroom started turning brown. these things kept growing and I had about a dozen stems sticking out of the jar about 6 inches long but I never got any caps. You could see the area that was supposed to be a cap, but it never grew or matured it just stayed small almost like an extreme case of penis envy except no veil, no bulbous area, just a slightly discolored tip. Is there something in particular about my dumb shit tek that would have caused this? The jar was basically in the dark the whole time, would that have created this phenomenon? Looking back I guess I was lucky to even have anything grow as it seems that contams are a big problem, and technique is really important. The stems bruised blue so I tried them and they were really potent though so caps or no caps I was'nt going to complain. Any feedback would be appreciated as I am a complete newbe to all the new teks, however I appear to have 8PF jars happily colonizing with the golden teacher strain.
Thanks,
Toadstools

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation