Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDicer
underconstruction
Worrying shroom trip
    #4405931 - 07/14/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

A couple of weeks ago I had a worrying experience while on shrooms and something happened thats putting me off doing them again. I'm quite experienced with psychedelics and I've had much stronger but never had anything like this.

As the effects started kicking in I had alot of anxiety for no reason, my mind was prepared and I do them regularly so I knew what to expect. It was like my body was reacting despite my mind being calm, then suddenly I felt a pressure building in my head and the room burst into hundreds of layers, so many I couldn't even see what was going on. I jumped up, closed my eyes and calmed myself down, but from then on every time I sat down I had this pressure building up again and my heartrate was going berserk as if my body was about to self destruct.

I've had bad trips before but this felt seriously wrong. Any ideas, could it be to much shrooming or something physically wrong? I've been fine since but I felt lucky to be alive the next day.

--------------------
Every chance that you get, is a chance you seize.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: Dicer]
    #4406189 - 07/14/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe it was the fact that you do them regularly... perhaps some time off is in order? Or it could have been a mild anxiety attack. Was it too big a dose, or did you use a different strain of mushrooms than you're used to? Potency could be different.

I can't really give you a straight answer, since I really don't know. It sounds like a psychological reaction to me, though. Examine your set & setting that day carefully, if you can remember. Think if there was anything that could have possibly caused a negative anxiety-like response.

I'm sorry the trip didn't go well.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4406970 - 07/15/05 04:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

what jabbawaya said.

OfflineAlienologist
retired
Loc: IRC
Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4406973 - 07/15/05 04:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

most of the time it's a mild anxiety attack that causes this.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4407089 - 07/15/05 06:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dicer said:
I knew what to expect.

don't expect anything.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: alsey]
    #4407731 - 07/15/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Its all in the mind.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4407958 - 07/15/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It wasn't a strong dose, 6g dried truffles and I've had 20g before an been fine from the same batch. Maybe I need to give them a rest then, every week probably is a bit much.

Thanks for the replies, I cant think of anything that might have started it but maybe my nerves are trying to tell me something  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4407973 - 07/15/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Tripping will tell you when its time to take a break. Your anxiety over tripping makes me think that is what it is telling you! A break will do you wonders when you come back.. Try some salvia or something in the mean time (not as a replacment, it certinaly isnt, but for something else :smile:)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
    #4408066 - 07/15/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've been really tempted to try salvia for a while, but the horror stories are enough to make me doubt ever trying it  :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4408073 - 07/15/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It sounds to me like you were brushing against ego-loss. What you described is *exactly* what happens to me when I get into that state. It is really a very scary feeling if you don't know what is going on.

The anxiety is caused by your ego panicking, knowing it's about to be dissolved by the drug. If you react to your anxiety, you empower the bad feelings and the feelings grow more and more intense, more and more scary.

The only way to fix this is simply: BREATHE. As long as you are breathing you are okay. Take a deep breath, relaxing every muscle in your body, focusing your mind on the gentle rise and fall of your chest. Keep your mind at that space of soothing movement, and give in. You are not your thoughts or feelings; you must become an observer of these thoughts instead of a participant. Breath gently and just float downstream...

In general, the only way to combat anxiety (besides smothering it with downers) is to submit to it, pull it into you, and accept it.

Hope this helped, and good luck..

*me*

P.S. How often do you shroom? If you think you might be tripping too much, you might be...listen to what your mind and body are telling you.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: MOTH]
    #4408090 - 07/15/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The horror stories result from people taking to much at once. If you start small, a single hit, and not a full one, and just use nice strong leaves, no extract..you'll get the feeling. It certainly isnt a drug for everybody though!

--------------------

InvisibleThe One
Mr Shroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #4409059 - 07/15/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

scatmanrav

What would be a good starting dose for Salvia, if you were going to chew the leaves wet/dry and you didn't want a big effect just somthing to get a feel of it.

--------------------

Trade List

Edited by The One (07/15/05 06:47 PM)

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

#4411632 - 07/16/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Breathe. Laugh.

It helps me to realize I am starting to get anxiety and then seriously laughing at myself. I try to get myself laughing about how I am freaking out about something that has never failed me, despite all those times I felt like I was going to die.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: FreedomFight]
    #5013162 - 12/04/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I dont think theres ANYTHING to worry aobut salvia, ill do it trip after trip, until its all gone. You just gotta realize that NOTHING is gonna happen to you, and youll come back to reealiy for the most part in 5 minutes or so.

OfflineLiQuidSlim
Chillin

Loc: Houston, TX
Re: Worrying shroom trip [Re: OzzyGod]
    #5013171 - 12/04/05 09:16 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes man, tripping every week is not too great of a thing for yourself. If you do them too often you can cause certain pshycological problems and that wouldn't be cool. Although I would love to trip that much and just let my mind wonder like that, but unfortunately it can be bad for you and I don't have the time to do so.
Peace.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag