Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
My choice and my friends because of my choice...
    #4408696 - 07/15/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a very athletic guy.  I've been playing hockey since I was 13 and doing track since 14.  I love hockey and always had a blast with all my teammates whenever I was on a new team, went to a camp, or just played a game of pickup.  It was fun yet competitive and people respected you regardless of some hits but that's a part of the game and naturally you may get them back and have the last laugh.  I turned to be pretty decent in the game and made the Florida's All-Star team which was pretty cool, though some may laugh thinking, "oh florida sucks at hockey." and well when we went up to Chicago for the Chicago Showcase which has a bunch of Junior A scouts and D1 college coaches we got our asses handed to us.  I realized how much more competition and where my skill level stood compared to the other greats my age.

I throw the discus hammer and the weight in track.  I won states with the discus and was ranked 12th in the country, which was pretty cool.  The problem with track is I literally don't have friends in track.  We don't train together and if you throw further than someone then they are bitter towards you and this is something that just pisses me off.  The sprinters have comradery along with the pole vaulters and cross country people but maybe I just had very bad luck with my thrower teammates. 

I got a scholarship for my throwing and my thrower teammates don't like me too much. I'm not trying to sound cocky when I say this but it's my reasoning so tell me if you think my reasoning is, well, reasonable. :smile:  I'm 5'10" 195lbs.  I can't lift nearly as much as the other throwers and in some instances can't jump as far as them either.  The next shortest thrower above me is 6'1" then goes to 6'4".    There's 4 throwers, including me.  Their personal bests are 155', 158' and another number in the 150s.  Now this is bad being in a D1 track program and won't place shit at any big meets.  I came in and my first meet threw 150'.  My next personal record (PR) was 155.  Then at the two last track meets of the year I threw 159'11", which was incredible.  I fouled two that were way over 160 but the fact that I surpassed guys that are twice my size and strength and have been training for 3 years have not gotten any better.  The biggest guy finally threw 162' at one of the last meets but he's just so fucking big and should be throwing over 200'.  I also match their distances in the hammer.  The one guy who I am close with is the big one and he tells me about how they are pissed that I throw further.

Sorry if this is boring, I'm almost done.  So anyhow my point being,  I had the choice of being a hockey player which would have been sooooo fucking awesome and I know I would have gotten along with everyone, but I went with track bc I'm much better at it and it got me into an awesome college with great coaches and a scholarship that has me paying $100 a semester.  But I miss the whole connection with the hockey team, and their aint shit here on track.

Well I'll stop weaping my disappointment.  I'm just pissed bc I see the each event hangs out with each other and has a good time, but I hang out with every kid that isn't an athlete and don't have that connection that I used to have.

I'm done though, I'll stop my ranting.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: My choice and my friends because of my choice... [Re: Cracka_X]
    #4408925 - 07/15/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i played hockey for years.....

i miss it but i could never start again.....sometimes i'll go grab some of my special sticks,and toss a puck around...but that's it.....

i had best defense for 3 years running,and most penalties,and most broken sticks(but of course that's not official or anything :cool:.......

ahh the old days....

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology